Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
The size of the plant monsters was never given.
Making them giant is basically making them a raid boss, only you've got multiple of them which is a bit ridiculous.

Also, people in a high state of stress and fear can do very stupid things, including running into dangerous things.
You know whats done is done, I didn't describe the event enough and you misunderstood cause of that, It's my fault for doing that, I'll try to be more descriptive of what I'm actually going for next time

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
The more I think of it the more details I've editted into the list of what Eochaidh has to deal with right now...

I'm really trying to think of a reason to not withdraw because for gods sake, this ain't looking good for the expedition....
Actually, if you transpose this onto Star Wars, intelligence that a WMD giant beam canon exists is valuable in itself. Hence, making sure that someone escapes to report it is also a priority, and likewise the cultists may try to go for 100% rout (at the base camp - like in Rogue One) to ensure there are no survivors to report that the cultists have such a frightening weapon.

The monster attack at the base camp makes sense, although narratively speaking it would probably be more interesting if the camp sustained very high casualties.

From an RTS or chess perspective, if you move your main units to attack Cimon’s Hollow, it implies that the base camp would be less guarded. The ground attack doesn’t have to succeed as long as the enemy blockades Cimon’s Watch and prevents anyone from leaving. The allied faction notably does not have that many airships (aside from the Amarlys) now that the Getandmark fleet is incapacitated, so groups like Yew and the non-flyers could become trapped on Cimon’s Watch if the cultists managed to clean up the leftover and blockade/bombard the island.

Maybe some flying monsters would be interesting? Swarming Cimon’s Watch with overwhelming numbers of flying insect/plant monsters?

:blob_happy: Anyways, I like disasters, so it’s more interesting to me when it’s a story about a defeat. Or well, I think beautiful strategy is beautiful, so I want to see something subarashi!

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
That makes me wonder, do you guys have any novels you use as a bar to measure other stories against?

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
From an RTS or chess perspective, if you move your main units to attack Cimon’s Hollow, it implies that the base camp would be less guarded. The ground attack doesn’t have to succeed as long as the enemy blockades Cimon’s Watch and prevents anyone from leaving. The allied faction notably does not have that many airships (aside from the Amarlys) now that the Getandmark fleet is incapacitated, so groups like Yew and the non-flyers could become trapped on Cimon’s Watch if the cultists managed to clean up the leftover and blockade/bombard the island.
From an RTS perspective, attacking the base camp is essentially aiming to either,
  1. Disrupt the economy/logistics
  2. Exchanging destruction of your eco for your enemies under the assumption that you can outpace and outlast your opponent on your banked resources.
  3. Abusing the scouting and mobility gap in army composition
Essentially, it is either a macro decision to take advantage of the current tempo, an objective exchange or a desperate play for tempo reversal.

The enemy has a secured (3) due to lack of airships on our side.
The one on (2) would be an all out attack that can definitely work but technically leaves opponent flankable and options a desperate (2) for us (and any one else looking to attack them right now).
The (1) is alright but it does not accomplish much as we dont have any logistics right now. The only reasonable option following this would to hold someone hostage.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
On a side note, I feel like one of my weakest points is dropping hints. I've dropped some indirect hints about details on characters and plots I want to go down later, but I feel like I'm being too obscure about it and it kinda goes under the radar most times...

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
On a side note, I feel like one of my weakest points is dropping hints. I've dropped some indirect hints about details on characters and plots I want to go down later, but I feel like I'm being too obscure about it and it kinda goes under the radar most times...
You mean like how that guy in the faction that's been against the princess is in love with her/in a secret relationship with her?
'-'

X

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
You can tell us what you’re thinking OOC, and many of us would happy to help build on it!

Well, at least, that’s my style. I like to work with an open book (“Iris is going to die”), because I think it’s easier to coordinate with others because of it. ^^