Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Way

@Way @The_Everdistant_Utopia

Ah, mostly longsword sources- glad to see Fiore, the ob- I mean, subjectively superior source (and the one that I feel is closer to common fencing at the time since it has a bigger focus on easier to grasp double tempo action compared to the german traditions that stemmed from Zettel, with meisterhau and all that. Not to mention fiore also has a lot of grappling which is cool) and English fencing, which is an uncommon source. Pretty comprehensive, I'll be saving it!

Though, for now, I'm more interested in other weapons- been looking into greatsword, but ended up just aping fiore's longsword for now since I'm more familiar with it...

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Ah, mostly longsword sources- glad to see Fiore, the ob- I mean, subjectively superior source (and the one that I feel is closer to common fencing at the time since it has a bigger focus on easier to grasp double tempo action compared to the german traditions that stemmed from Zettel, with meisterhau and all that. Not to mention fiore also has a lot of grappling which is cool) and English fencing, which is an uncommon source. Pretty comprehensive, I'll be saving it!

Though, for now, I'm more interested in other weapons- been looking into greatsword, but ended up just aping fiore's longsword for now since I'm more familiar with it...
mind melt
I was always a bare beginner at HEMA, and don't even get me started with HTH RP. I stuck true to my roots and stayed on my path of Magic, culminated over almost a decade of experience.

DarkeReises

Jesus....Came back from dinner and 87 turned into 93.....Is this what it feel like to fell asleep in class???
That's why I never fall asleep in class. I'd never feel comfortable doing it, even if I'm absolutely exhausted.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
That's why I never fall asleep in class. I'd never feel comfortable doing it, even if I'm absolutely exhausted.
I fell asleep so many times in classes even though I never wanted to sleep on them...

Boring teachers were way stronger than my awakeness... >.>

Way

mind melt
I was always a bare beginner at HEMA, and don't even get me started with HTH RP. I stuck true to my roots and stayed on my path of Magic, culminated over almost a decade of experience.
Sorry, it's rare to see someone that knows of HEMA here (Though @BouncyCactus knows of Fiore as well apparently), so I ended up splurging my shallow knowledge a bit xD

That being said, how did magic CRP work?

luxia

:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: Gz!!! I hope it goes wonderfully well!

Send me pics of the venue after it's over! I wanna see it!

And yeah, we sometimes spent lots and lots of time without talking, but you were always there for me when I needed you~
... And I needed you more than a few times... >.>
:blob_hug:
*giggles* I really think I'm a lot closer to you, yanno? Utopia-kun doesn't know a thing about my private life that isn't out in my blogs... He is a nice friend, but not someone I trust with the close to heart matters, yanno?

It's quite different I'd say~

... Also, if I wasn't in the same discord server as him, we'd talk like, 100x less than we talk rn... >.>
I still think it sounds like a really nice friendship~ I don't have anything like that right now, so naturally I'll just be jealous xD
Even I wouldn't trust myself with my own close to heart matters, tbh, so I understand.
aha...
Masaka?! He's discarded his earthly desires?

He's too dangerous to be left alive!
Bochi is dangerous
Ehe, glad you liked it~

Though I can still see @luxia here... >.>
I finished my thing I have to do tonight! ...the rest is for tomorrow...
Ah, I've never really had anyone I could confide with, to be honest. Or at least not really openly confide about personal matters...

To some extent, that was the way I was raised since I've never really was allowed an outlet for my frustrations and never really ranted or vented about my feelings. Which is why nowadays most of my rants are about menial things like Gacha and shoujo mangas and other games.

In terms of feelings and frustrations, I just let them simmer down inside. I guess it's one of the reasons why people IRL have told me I'm calm and patient about most things except the most useless ones.
That's really relatable, tbh. Or well, I don't really like talking about myself. It's actually really exhausting. Hearing about other people is more interesting. Writing into a void is easiest. Blogs yes! Conversation = -dies-

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Sorry, it's rare to see someone that knows of HEMA here (Though @BouncyCactus knows of Fiore as well apparently), so I ended up splurging my shallow knowledge a bit xD

Mostly from YT tho, so no practical experience what so ever......I do do a bit of archery b4 this whole pandemic hit however. Gosh, I missed being on the range.

DarkeReises

Magic CRP is basically trying to see who has the bigger dick and wants to piss off the mods of the game more than the other.
On a more serious note, it kinda depends. In my later years of doing it, MRP pretty much became who could explain how their magic works better, which always led to using science(and always getting it wrong) and bullshittery. I was much better at it when I just started, when I was younger and had much better creativity. I haven't had a nice fulfilling MRP duel in years. MRP is in a way more complicated than HEMA, because it's all made up. Due to their being no set setting for magic in the game I played, it was just whatever people wanted for their characters, which made it annoying because sometimes there were conflicting lore.
But in the times when you and your opponent got everything in sync, it pretty much becomes a bonafide op magic duel out of a novel, and they're really fun to do.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
*Deep inhale* I shoulda see that coming......
You were trying to cross the thread, right? Walked right into that Luxia's curiosity ambush, same as us, and that bochi over there.
Don't mind me
That's really relatable, tbh. Or well, I don't really like talking about myself. It's actually really exhausting. Hearing about other people is more interesting. Writing into a void is easiest. Blogs yes! Conversation = -dies-
I feel something similar. I'm more of a listener than a talker, at least when it comes to these things...

Otherwise, it's hard to have me shut up.