Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Vanus

It's true that it's better to set a personal base for their characters and stories before all the massive collaborations, but you know what?

That ain't going to stop me, cause I have a sudden idea.

If no one is going to be the egg white in this beef patty, I'll be the binding agent.

I'm going to make sure Eochaidh has a cameo in every goddamn story if I have anything to say about it.
Points at quest board~
It's kinda funny how everyone imagines him to be bald and beer-bellied like a generic villain duke when I actually have the image of a large, thick but musclebound military leader that has pretty good military achievements but is it a bit too overblown with ambition and confidence for even his considerably large breaches.
I was imagining Theodore Roosevelt this entire time.
Now I imagine Grogar look like a medevial Theodore Roosevel…. The Bull Moose and everything
O_O!

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Why does everyone think about Teddy instead of....

James "Manifest Destiny" K. Polk
James "Expel the Indians" K. Polk
James "From Sea to Sea" K. Polk
James "Smoke the Mexicans" K. Polk
James "Texas Eater" K. Polk
James "The 49th Parallel" K. Polk

Vanus

Why does everyone think about Teddy instead of....

James "Manifest Destiny" K. Polk
James "Expel the Indians" K. Polk
James "From Sea to Sea" K. Polk
James "Smoke the Mexicans" K. Polk
James "Texas Eater" K. Polk
James "The 49th Parallel" K. Polk
Cause Teddy "Got shot and continued to speak" Roosevelt is why I was thinking of him not manifest destiny.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Orphanages? I heard those thing are quite flammable however....Or, that is just back in my old realm. I hope they have a good fire brigade here....I do not want to put out another one.
Oh, what is a good drink around here? I'm at Aerelieth now. Specialty ale? Or wine? I heard Elven wine is quite something here.

I need a drink....

You see, catch is a figurative language, uses when we wanted to said something that....that.....came in contact with embers from a nearby fire, and in turn burn it self, and create a fire....

Ah, I look like my drinks is here! I'll be busy for the rest of the night, and probably tomorrow morning! See you later, little one!

Brave? I guess so......I rather fly through a storm.......

Coffee? Last I heard, not any more. Although, I you somehow got your hand on some, Lucia (@luxia )certainly would love to see you. That lass love her coffee, and I am tempted to try some too.
Oh, this ale is good! Master! Another one! (There is cheer in the back, as Gargan's drunkenly asked for more.)

Wait, that lass have some? Is there a quest about raiding someone pantry tonight? Should I anonymously posted one?

Oh, I can teach ya a thing or twooo about flizing! Hah! No one iz better than me at thatz!

Oy! Why iz thiz thing made noizes? Hello?
(At this point, Gargan is near back out already, slumping over a table full of empty mugs and haft eaten meal)
OOC: Oh.....I am gonna have some fun writing and incorporated this into my story.
@BouncyCactus since you're at Aerelieth, do you mind if Ume bumps into Gargan at the bar in my story?

Don't worry, I won't do anything bad :blob_evil:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades

Encroaching Darkness, First Verse​

O' sweet beloved, dearly missed
What befell of your radiant smile?
An ageless sleep within the mist
Cold lips do not secrets tell

The two floating landmasses that made up Cimon's Island have never been particularly bustling. After all, one of them was abandoned and the other hosted a backwater town. There weren't many good reasons for airships to pass by this stretch of airspace, save the occasional merchant vessel that docked at the town's humble pier.

The town itself comprised mostly of children and the elderly; many of the healthy adults had gone to seek better opportunities elsewhere. The island had nothing interesting to its name, so of course nobody paid much attention to it.

Well, almost nobody.

For a certain occupation, the conditions were practically perfect.
* * *​

The thing about caverns - they're pretty dark, even with a source of light.

Oil lanterns adorned the ceiling and candles littered the floor, but the glow of the flames was dimmer than it ought to be. There was something substantial about the air here, something alive, malicious.

"O' Lord, Keeper of Secrets, grant us an audience..."

A few hooded people knelt in prayer, mumbling unintelligibly. At the front stooped one in robes richer than the rest; their words much more articulate as well.

"With the spilling of innocent blood, we beseech of you to descend, and partake. Accept our humble offering…"

A smooth slab of marble, upon which a figure laid, bound and squirming. Muffled cries occasionally escaped the linen gag.

With a stroke of the arm, the figure ceased struggling. Red splattered the clean altar, and for a period the chanting stopped. Silence reigned for a time until the person at the front turned, pocketing the bloody dagger.

"...Our Lord appreciates the offering. But,"

Uneasy shuffling came from the people kneeling.

"The accumulation of life energy has not reached a sufficient amount. For the Lord to descend in the flesh, we are to provide more offerings."

Still, no one dared to speak. Motionless they knelt, awaiting further instructions. It didn't take long.

"Well? There's nothing else, so proceed as per usual. And don't let any fish slip the net, like last time. Don't worry about drawing attention; those fools are occupied with a problem of their own making, as usual."

NPC: ???
Do we have a murder cult? :blob_hide::blob_hide::blob_hide:
Hehehe....thing are starting to look interesting

Last edited:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Are inns just medieval hotels?
According to Wikipedia-sensei
"Inns are generally establishments or buildings where travelers can seek lodging, and usually, food and drink. Inns are typically located in the country or along a highway; before the advent of motorized transportation they also provided accommodation for horses."
So, more like an motels along the interstate?

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Are inns just medieval hotels?
Kind of, but not quite.

Inns were establishments that basically emulated the Roman road stop points that made an integral part in their transportation and trade system. Long story short, they were primarily geared towards traveling caravans or merchants rather than travelers. But during the middle ages town inns kind of took a more 'communal' function of sorts. In addition to the normal 'bed and breakfast' part of the in, you might also find places where traveling merchants could advertise their wares, where people from the town could gather to hang out and most likely a separate communal dining room where the townsfolk may gather to have collective meals.

Something that is often forgotten is that most if not all houses in the middle ages had very little in terms of kitchens, with only the most basic of basics to feed their family, and communal dining places were much more popular/common.

EDIT: An example of that is that in some places there were communal ovens to bake bread, usually owned by the lord of the place and to which the peasants had to pay (usually in kind) to use

fyrre

According to Wikipedia-sensei
"Inns are generally establishments or buildings where travelers can seek lodging, and usually, food and drink. Inns are typically located in the country or along a highway; before the advent of motorized transportation they also provided accommodation for horses."
So, more like an motels along the interstate?
Kind of, but not quite.

Inns were establishments that basically emulated the Roman road stop points that made an integral part in their transportation and trade system. Long story short, they were primarily geared towards traveling caravans or merchants rather than travelers. But during the middle ages town inns kind of took a more 'communal' function of sorts. In addition to the normal 'bed and breakfast' part of the in, you might also find places where traveling merchants could advertise their wares, where people from the town could gather to hang out and most likely a separate communal dining room where the townsfolk may gather to have collective meals.

Something that is often forgotten is that most if not all houses in the middle ages had very little in terms of kitchens, with only the most basic of basics to feed their family, and communal dining places were much more popular/common.
Thanks for the answers!