Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
This might be a stupid idea, but what if there was an important NPC AGSA forum that was for important NPC’s statuses. Kind of a mix between AGSA registration and AGSA quest board, so the important NPC’s have known race, known skills, known location, know associations, etc.
Good things about idea:
  • A centralized database of important non-playable-characters
  • A place to quick check if there’s someone near your character that might oppose/help them
  • A way to know that there already exist a character in a certain position so you don’t need to make one up.
Bad things about the idea:
  • If people other than ohko can put characters on it some people might try to push their OC’s onto everyone.
  • People might complain that a writer should’ve put ❎ character in ❎ place because they do ❎.
  • People can’t edit others posts so if they use a NPC they’d have to contact the NPC’s data card poster for them to update it.
  • Some people might interpret a character in different ways so they’d use them differently causing conflicts.
  • Whether everybody can put characters on the NPC forum, or only ohko can, whenever the data card poster is offline the NPC data card can’t be updated, so if they were off for a while, people needing current info about the character would have to circumvent the forum.

Last edited:

fyrre

This might be a stupid idea, but what if there was an important NPC AGSA forum that was for important NPC’s statuses. Kind of a mix between AGSA registration and AGSA quest board, so the important NPC’s have known race, known skills, known location, know associations, etc.
Good things about idea: centralized database of important non-playable-characters, a place to quick check if there’s someone near your character that might oppose/help them, a way to know that there already exist a character in a certain position so you don’t need to make one up.
Bad things about the idea: if people other than ohko can put characters on it some people might try to push their OC’s onto everyone, people might complain that a writer should’ve put ❎ character in ❎ place because they do ❎, people can’t edit others posts so if they use a NPC they’d have to contact the NPC’s data card poster for them to update it, some people might interpret a character in different ways so they’d use them differently causing conflicts.
Is that not basically the ASGA library?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Good things about idea: centralized database of important non-playable-characters, a place to quick check if there’s someone near your character that might oppose/help them, a way to know that there already exist a character in a certain position so you don’t need to make one up.
Bad things about the idea: if people other than ohko can put characters on it some people might try to push their OC’s onto everyone, people might complain that a writer should’ve put ❎ character in ❎ place because they do ❎, people can’t edit others posts so if they use a NPC they’d have to contact the NPC’s data card poster for them to update it, some people might interpret a character in different ways so they’d use them differently causing conflicts.
That's not a stupid idea! In fact it was discussed in the last version fo AG as well and we made an NPC thread!

...I feel like it wasn't used that much though. :blob_no:

Or well, last time there honestly weren't that many repeating NPC characters that people wanted to share. People definitely posted in the NPC thread, but very few people wanted to use the NPCs that other people made. x.x Honestly, I was surprised that there were so many people jumping onto Duke Grogar's family for AGSA here.... I didn't expect it!

I think for now, you're totally welcome to post NPC profiles on the Registration page!

The library can also be used, but it would be best not to create Library entries unless you're 100% sure that someone else is also using the NPC character that you made.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Yup, to have to be in the same room with two (three of Erlan tells Gwen about her fan) people who hate you is extremely unlucky.
:blob_hide: :blob_hide: :blob_hide: Out of curiosity, what's wrong with having a brother that's your #1 fan?

Um... I love my younger brother... and I'm quite vocal about it.

I think it's really sweet to be supportive of your siblings!

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
:blob_hide: :blob_hide: :blob_hide: Out of curiosity, what's wrong with having a brother that's your #1 fan?

Um... I love my younger brother... and I'm quite vocal about it.

I think it's really sweet to be supportive of your siblings!
I... You... Sigh......... I can't get mad at you... :blob_pout:

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
That's not a stupid idea! In fact it was discussed in the last version fo AG as well and we made an NPC thread!

...I feel like it wasn't used that much though. :blob_no:

Or well, last time there honestly weren't that many repeating NPC characters that people wanted to share. People definitely posted in the NPC thread, but very few people wanted to use the NPCs that other people made. x.x Honestly, I was surprised that there were so many people jumping onto Duke Grogar's family for AGSA here.... I didn't expect it!

I think for now, you're totally welcome to post NPC profiles on the Registration page!

The library can also be used, but it would be best not to create Library entries unless you're 100% sure that someone else is also using the NPC character that you made.
Do you have any ideas to circumvent some of the flaws? Such as people needing a current data card of a NPC while the poster is gone, because sometimes people don’t touch SHF for a couple weeks (as seen on my activity page).

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Do you have any ideas to circumvent some of the flaws? Such as people needing a current data card of a NPC while the poster is gone, because sometimes people don’t touch SHF for a couple weeks (as seen on my activity page).
Hmm? What do you mean?

If people posted their NPCs on the Registration Page, people could refer to it?

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
Hmm? What do you mean?

If people posted their NPCs on the Registration Page, people could refer to it?
Sorry if I didn’t make this clear, I meant what if the person who posted the NPC on the forum was offine for a while, and their character was important in several stories.