AI assistance

Sebas_Guzman

Ooh! I didn't know those were names for it, I just thought AI was a misnomer. I learned something today!

Tarot gives you vague story kernels that can be interpreted in multiple ways, which I think is better than 'try to match the pattern of continuing the story' for leading your story in interesting directions... but to be fair, I haven't used GPT for story generation much other than messing around with AI Dungeon a while back, so not the most knowledgable on the subject.
Knowing that you used AI Dungeon helps me understand your perspective a lot! No, ChatGPT becomes insanely powerful should you know how to get it to work. Just for the sake of understanding and sharing, check out this way of using it as a simple prompt generator. I asked GPT for 20 different options of how I could continue some random story I made up in a minute.

1. The mouse people's community is under attack by a group of vicious swamp predators, and Ohleno must lead a defense to protect them.
  2. Ohleno discovers that one of the mouse people has a unique ability that could save their society from an imminent disaster, but they must first unlock their potential.
  3. The mouse people's society is plagued by a mysterious illness, and Ohleno must find a cure by venturing deep into the heart of the swamp.
  4. Ohleno discovers a hidden treasure map in the possession of one of the mouse people, leading them on an adventure to find a long-lost artifact that could bring prosperity to their society.
  5. A power struggle unfolds among the mouse people's leaders, and Ohleno must navigate political intrigue to restore stability and unity to their society.
  6. The mouse people's sacred relic is stolen, and Ohleno and his team embark on a thrilling quest to recover it before it falls into the wrong hands.
  7. Ohleno learns that the mouse people possess ancient knowledge of a forgotten magical ritual, and they must harness this power to defend their society from an approaching threat.
  8. The mouse people's society is plagued by a curse, and Ohleno must unravel the dark secrets of their past to break the curse and bring them peace.
  9. Ohleno discovers a hidden passage in the mouse people's settlement, leading to a long-lost underground city that holds secrets and dangers they never anticipated.
  10. The mouse people face a food shortage, and Ohleno must find a way to help them sustain themselves by negotiating with neighboring communities or discovering new resources.
  11. Ohleno stumbles upon a conflict between the mouse people and a neighboring society, and he must mediate a peaceful resolution to prevent a full-scale war.
  12. The mouse people's young ones are mysteriously disappearing, and Ohleno must uncover the truth behind these disappearances and confront the culprit responsible.
  13. Ohleno discovers that the mouse people possess a legendary artifact with immense power, attracting the attention of dark forces that seek to claim it for themselves.
  14. The mouse people's society is plagued by internal divisions, and Ohleno must find a way to unite them in the face of a common enemy.
  15. Ohleno uncovers a long-forgotten prophecy that foretells the mouse people's role in a larger conflict, and he must help them fulfill their destiny to protect their society.
  16. The mouse people's settlement is slowly sinking into the swamp, and Ohleno must find a way to relocate them to safer grounds while facing numerous obstacles.
  17. Ohleno discovers a hidden library within the mouse people's society, containing ancient knowledge and secrets that could change the fate of their entire swamp region.
  18. The mouse people's society is plagued by a curse that transforms them into mindless creatures during the full moon, and Ohleno must find a way to break the curse before the next moonrise.
  19. Ohleno encounters a mysterious figure who claims to be the rightful ruler of the mouse people's society, sparking a struggle for power and identity within their community.
  20. The mouse people's society is threatened by a powerful dark sorcerer who seeks to enslave them, and Ohleno must rally allies and harness his own strength to protect them from this malevolent force.
Feel free to adapt, combine, or modify these plot ideas to fit your light novel style fantasy.

Now, you'll notice that these are all pretty basic plots, though, they're only basic because a lot of people use them. Anyway, point is, the effort needed vs the output is insanely disproportional.
If you want 'vague story kernels that can be interpreted in various ways,' ChatGPT is one good prompt away from generating it.
Honestly, the best thing about AIs is that no one should be suffering from writers' block anymore

tatsuya

not gonana lie I use gpt as a editor using my own inspiration which I lost after countless hours of sleepless night imagining scenes in my head, I wrote so many draft posted only 11 chapter in my account

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
The only rulebook I know has one rule--don't plagiarize XD
Thomas Edison disagrees. 🤣

But yeah, I'm not into plagiarism, but otherwise, I view AI as a tool. People who try to use it in the most generic way possible get generic results. People who push it further and further can push themselves further. It's just an assistant at the end of the day.

wutwut

I use gpt as a paraphrasing tool. Who does it like me?