Implemented Alert for when author you followed posts new chapter

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Hello,
Don't know if this was already asked, but a few readers mentioned that they don't get an alert when I post a new chapter, so I looked into account settings and saw that there is no option in the Alert Preferences for that.

Was adding a feature for that already discussed in the past?
If not, adding it would certainly make sense in my eyes...

Ace_Arriande

It shouldn't be as basic as just following an author. Some authors write multiple stories and not every follower wants updates on every single one of their stories. It should be on a story-by-story basis. Either all stories added to a reading list (the simplest method and also the closest to what other platforms already do), or something where you can opt into getting notifications per story.

But in general, yes. The #1 complaint I see about SH from people who aren't major fans of it, aside from them not liking weeb stuff, is that there's no system for knowing when new chapters are out. Sure, they could manually go and skim their reading list every single day to check and see if a new chapter came out... or they could just be notified which is far more user friendly. Most SH readers I know that I've talked to don't even know they can check their reading list for chapter updates.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
No need to worry that they posted a new series and you missed the one and only notification about it.
It's kinda impossible to miss it unless you stay a whole month without logging in to Scribbly. Differently from the forums, you don't get many notifications in the main site.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
It's kinda impossible to miss it unless you stay a whole month without logging in to Scribbly. Differently from the forums, you don't get many notifications in the main site.
Then let's change that by adding notifications for updates whenever a new chapter comes out.

Better yet, do it like the Tachiyomi app and have an tab solely for updates for whatever you have in your reading list. Hell, choose which reading list you wanna get updates from, even.

Eleven_M.A.

It's kinda impossible to miss it unless you stay a whole month without logging in to Scribbly.
It's perfectly possible to miss if you've looked into your notifications, then forgot about it. Happens to the best of us when we've got a lot on our head.

@BenJepheneT Underrated comment.

Tony

Staff member
Hello,
Don't know if this was already asked, but a few readers mentioned that they don't get an alert when I post a new chapter, so I looked into account settings and saw that there is no option in the Alert Preferences for that.

Was adding a feature for that already discussed in the past?
If not, adding it would certainly make sense in my eyes...

Feature was implemented here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/new-features-reading-list-alerts-user-stats-and-more.7075/