Implemented Alert Preference: new Chapter

Itisn1tmyname

I was looking at the alert preferences and noticed that while there is an option to get an alert if an author I follow publishes a new story (probs for that, btw!), but no such option for when a story already in my reading list gets updated. I do not know if such a feature already exists, and if so, where to find it; but I do suggest to add the option to Settings->Alert Preferences.

My current way to keep on top of those sweet new chapters is to have a reading list tab open and refresh it every once in a while. While I will continue doing so (mainly because I have a whole monitor dedicated to my various reading lists, sooo...), it would be nice if the alert bell was able to remind me of new chapters as well ^-^

Edit: After playing around with the reading list and promptly adding a personal list for stories I am not currently reading but will come back to later (i.e because most stories right now are far too short), I furthermore suggest that if alerts for new chapters are implemented, individual lists should be "mute-able".

Last edited:

mejojo

Bumping this thread to beg for this feature... it would be so helpful.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
But for reals, though. We had ScribbleHub currency, some formatting requests, this and that but for some reason this gets left behind. Even MangaRock has a simple "new chapter" alert. Is it hard to implement such a thing?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
But for reals, though. We had ScribbleHub currency, some formatting requests, this and that but for some reason this gets left behind. Even MangaRock has a simple "new chapter" alert. Is it hard to implement such a thing?
Tony has lot of things he's working on so it depends on what he finds to be of the priority.

0xReki

Tony has lot of things he's working on so it depends on what he finds to be of the priority.

I don't know him (yet), but being a coder is one of the most ungrateful jobs there is. I've to say it's a blessing he's doing this. Just be patient…

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
My wild guess is that Tony-chan actually doesn't want to implement it.

If we use NU as a reference, some people have thousands of novels in their reading lists... And they might be very easily flooded by alerts in case they have this many novels being followed.

Moreover, while the feature would be a nice practicality thing, it isn't that hard to just check your reading list once a day, is it?

So... I understand why people want it, but I'm not sure if Tony-chan actually wants to implement it. It might be more trouble than it's worth.
This too~
I don't know him (yet), but being a coder is one of the most ungrateful jobs there is. I've to say it's a blessing he's doing this. Just be patient…
Well, this is Tony-chan's site, so of course she will keep developing it! xD

Tony

Staff member
I was looking at the alert preferences and noticed that while there is an option to get an alert if an author I follow publishes a new story (probs for that, btw!), but no such option for when a story already in my reading list gets updated. I do not know if such a feature already exists, and if so, where to find it; but I do suggest to add the option to Settings->Alert Preferences.

My current way to keep on top of those sweet new chapters is to have a reading list tab open and refresh it every once in a while. While I will continue doing so (mainly because I have a whole monitor dedicated to my various reading lists, sooo...), it would be nice if the alert bell was able to remind me of new chapters as well ^-^

Edit: After playing around with the reading list and promptly adding a personal list for stories I am not currently reading but will come back to later (i.e because most stories right now are far too short), I furthermore suggest that if alerts for new chapters are implemented, individual lists should be "mute-able".
Feature was implemented here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/new-features-reading-list-alerts-user-stats-and-more.7075/