Important Alerts no longer refresh in the background by default

Tony

Staff member
Hi! I'm posting this here since I'm expecting people to make a bug report related to alerts here.

Anyways... alerts no longer refresh in the background by default. This change was made to help with the server load as most people don't need this. To turn it back on, please go to https://www.scribblehub.com/account/ -> "Alert Preferences" -> "Refresh alerts in background" -> Save.

Thanks!

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
Thank you. We can always come back to answer the alerts! On the brighter side, a lot of server load means lot more people coming over to the forums.... hopefully?

Tony

Staff member
I will now make use of this new feature by leaving my SHF tab open throughout the night and refresh it tomorrow morning and still find zero notifications because I'm a terrible person that nobody wants to interact with.

Thank you. We can always come back to answer the alerts! On the brighter side, a lot of server load means lot more people coming over to the forums.... hopefully?

This is an SH feature. SHF has no such feature :sweating_profusely:

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I'll probably keep it off because I'm a serial refresher regardless. I'll spare you the bandwidth :p

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Does this only concern the alerts for comments and the like or also notifications for new inbox messages?