Alerts - Not auto refreshing

Aster

Staff member
I'm not sure if it's just me, but if I'm inactive on my profile page the alerts don't automatically refresh. To test out if it was my oh so wonderful internet connection, I tried it again and waited 7 minutes without browsing anything on the profile page. No alerts showed up until after refreshing the page.

Long story short:

Alerts do not automatically refresh while inactive on profile page.

Is this a bug or is it normal?

Edit: Update! Even on the forum outside the profile page, if I'm inactive I don't receive the alert unless the page is refreshed.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I'm not sure if it's just me, but if I'm inactive on my profile page the alerts don't automatically refresh. To test out if it was my oh so wonderful internet connection, I tried it again and waited 7 minutes without browsing anything on the profile page. No alerts showed up until after refreshing the page.

Long story short:

Alerts do not automatically refresh while inactive on profile page.

Is this a bug or is it normal?
That's happened to me, too.
X

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Nice to know it's not a one off thing!
Tony said the auto-refresh was turned off by default. He said he had turned it on.

Have you tried? Ai-chan isn't active in the forum, so Ai-chan can't check it myself.

Tony

Staff member
Tony said the auto-refresh was turned off by default. He said he had turned it on.

Have you tried? Ai-chan isn't active in the forum, so Ai-chan can't check it myself.

I couldn't find the option to give live updates for alerts on the forums. I wonder if NUF had that feature or maybe it was related to the live updates plugin I installed over there. I'll go search for it again.

Reactions: Rin