Writing Prompt Aliens have lives too, you know?

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
So, I had this shower thought: mc isekais and immediately wants to change the new world for the better. They are a force of progress here, right? But, like, isn't it actually the opposite? Instead of trying to understand the local culture and customs and the differences between their current environment and the previous one first, they refuse to adapt and cling to the (in a way) old ideals and ideas about "how things should be".

SailusGebel

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
So, I had this shower thought: mc isekais and immediately wants to change the new world for the better. They are a force of progress here, right? But, like, isn't it actually the opposite? Instead of trying to understand the local culture and customs and the differences between their current environment and the previous one first, they refuse to adapt and cling to the (in a way) old ideals and ideas about "how things should be".
Blame the authors, for this.

Nane

Doesn't go well in a milkshake
I know the type, it's right there with the progression hungry type of MCs. Just grinding and grinding all day...
I would prefer if the MC didn't actively try to control their narrative or the world that they literally just arrived, it would be more fun if things just HAPPENED to them and they adapted to the circumstances.

Last edited:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Got to Manifest that Destiny, and E X P A N D.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
But it's all for the greater good. I need to aggressively expand to force the use of toilet paper on these primitive barbarians and their communal sponges.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
oh, we're having ethic class here? noice!

i mean, yeah. in some WN i read, lots of MC overhunt a certain type of dangerous monster, overmine certain rare metal, or overnurture either slaves or commoners life.
none of them realize that ecosystem is a thing, it's like they expect every resources is infinity. and giving someone a huge powerboost overnight could oftenly result in arrogance.

this is what ethic is about, to understanding one action could lead to a certain consequence.

but creating a breakthrough in technological advance is a different thing entirely, like imagine in a world where you can only send message using pidgeon but then suddenly this reincarnated person inventing a smartphone. some people might horrified and think it would lead to information war.

technological convertion is never an easy thing, when first steam engine invented, most people suspect a supernatural at work, when first photography is invented, people suspect that photograph is something that suck your soul.

but alas, most of the time, advancement is necessary, human can travel much more distance in shorter time, sending information quicker, and even prevent death and increase life expectancy to double their current average lifespan.

so, yeah. it's really nice if more author actually mention about this.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Leyligne

There is that theory that each world is like its own organism. Space probes are meticulously sterilized, HG Wells War of the Worlds and even Agent Smith’s hypothesis from the Matrix sort of stuff. When you summon a hero from Earth, you’re summoning a virus. Viruses don’t care about the host, they rewrite everything to their DNA. Our cultures are pretty toxic, honestly.