Allow people with the link to read drafts if ticked as "Early Access"

virgilknightley

This is a simple request. I hate posting to my Patreon when I'm going to repost to SH later anyway, so why not just have an Early Access option that creates a link you can share while not fully publishing yet? That way we can reward our patrons with the early link to a chapter and then it'll automatically go public when we're ready for it to with no further input from us creators.

Agentt

Thighs
Well, the problem with that is, those people can just share that link everywhere, enabling your early chapters to be public.

It's better to use Google Docs in this case, because you can atleast give individual permission as to who can access it

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Why not make a group message and put the early chapters there? Anyone who want to read just open the group message.

As for this request, instead of a link, make it so that the person receives an invite in their inbox. It's not a link, and the invite button is tied to the person's account. So it can't be shared since every invite is different. Ai-chan can't imagine the hassle of programming something like that, though. Discord has this option, but discord has a large programming team, Tony is only one person.

Well, the problem with that is, those people can just share that link everywhere, enabling your early chapters to be public.
The solution to that isn't to scrap the whole feature, it's for authors not to hand out early access links to people who will just spam them to the rest of the internet.