Allow previous and next chapter buttons to work in edit mode

frostcrystal

TLDR: It would be nice if when making changes to drafts, you could click on the next and previous buttons to see the chapters before and after.

Long version : I like to stay a couple chapters ahead when writing or translating. It gives me a bit of breathing room, and I get to proofread my previous chapters in draft form. To do this, I sometimes have up to five draft chapters that I'm tweaking and I usually proofread them all at once to make sure that it reads smoothly.

However, when in edit mode there isn't a way to smoothly transition between chapters. You have to go back to the dashboard > Edit > TOC and choose your next chapter. There are already previous and next buttons present in the chapter preview, so it seems like it should be an easy change to allow authors to also page through their drafts in addition to their published chapters.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
dude just open extra tabs bro

but for reals this is cool. if we have that how about the option to tweak which chapter comes first that'd be xtra coolio

frostcrystal

dude just open extra tabs bro

but for reals this is cool. if we have that how about the option to tweak which chapter comes first that'd be xtra coolio
Can't lie - I got it from Wattpad, lol. They actually have a very smooth author experience, I just hated the ads. In addition to previous/next buttons they had a drop down in Edit mode where you could jump to any chapter (draft or not), and Edit/reader mode was a lot easier to switch between than SH.