Alright, Curious on What Others Have Been Drawing.

Valmond

After about five years, I got back into drawing. It has been a long time. Anyway, so what have ya been up to?

D

Deleted member 29316

I'm currently doing some scenes for my own work, as well as doing some story covers for some peeps here in SH.

Btw, I think your link is broken.

D

Deleted member 29316

Yep, before your thread was edited, there's an attachment to it.

Well, in any case, I guess that's what I've been drawing (while taking a break from writing).

Valmond

Yep, before your thread was edited, there's an attachment to it.

Well, in any case, I guess that's what I've been drawing (while taking a break from writing).
Ah that, yeah, I think this is the wrong thread for that. So I created a separate thread for specifically sharing the work.

Anyway, always good to take a rest now and then. I am also curious on your drawings, so I would like to them. There is another thread for that however.

D

Deleted member 29316

Ah that, yeah, I think this is the wrong thread for that. So I created a separate thread for specifically sharing the work.

Anyway, always good to take a rest now and then. I am also curious on your drawings, so I would like to them. There is another thread for that however.
Ah...well, if you're curious about my trash works, there are several threads for that in the 'Creation' section. Feel free to check it out. :blob_melt:

Valmond

Both, the previous works lay the ground base for your current ones. They are always a great thing to look at. Since one can see how much the person has grown. Comparing it from before to the ones now are always a nice thing to see.

D

Deleted member 29316

Here's my art stash here...

D

Deleted member 29316

And here's one of my previous (old) works from 2009.

Sample.jpg

Valmond

Here's my art stash here...

Oh wow, I don’t know what you’re talking about. These are very well crafted. I can tell you took the necessary time to craft each instance. As well as seeing the steady increase. You’ve got talent there.

D

Deleted member 29316

Oh wow, I don’t know what you’re talking about. These are very well crafted. I can tell you took the necessary time to craft each instance. As well as seeing the steady increase. You’ve got talent there.
Thanks! I'm no match for digital users though...my works are a 'dead-end' once I inked those; can't edit much.

Valmond

Thanks! I'm no match for digital users though...my works are a 'dead-end' once I inked those; can't edit much.
Ah hmm...ya know, there are some free apps out there. I am sure you can take it further. Even if not by too much. For instance, this recent drawing I did. I drew it by hand, then used a digital app to give it a bit more life. You’ve got the necessary talent there. So keep at it. ^^

5B21DF4B-DDEA-439D-A112-0433D4D38AA4.jpeg

D

Deleted member 29316

Ah hmm...ya know, there are some free apps out there. I am sure you can take it further. Even if not by too much. For instance, this recent drawing I did. I drew it by hand, then used a digital app to give it a bit more life.

View attachment 5163
Actually, it's not the app that's the problem for me. My hands are not used to digital medium like pen tablet, so I do a combined approach: traditional media (pen and paper) when I'm doing the linearts, and digital coloring (with scanner and pen tablet).

Valmond

Actually, it's not the app that's the problem for me. My hands are not used to digital medium like pen tablet, so I do a combined approach: traditional media (pen and paper) when I'm doing the linearts, and digital coloring (with scanner and pen tablet).
Ah okay, I see. Ya know, now that I look at it. The options are really out there. Digital drawing itself is difficult for me, so I am more or less forced to use pencil and paper. I have just recently discovered a digital app to be able to give the drawing a bit more life to it. However, I cannot touch the pen feature to draw on the app. I just cannot do it.

D

Deleted member 29316

Ah okay, I see. Ya know, now that I look at it. The options are really out there. Digital drawing itself is difficult for me, so I am more or less forced to use pencil and paper. I have just recently discovered a digital app to be able to give the drawing a bit more life to it. However, I cannot touch the pen feature to draw on the app. I just cannot do it.
Yeah, it's pretty scary to draw on digital when the hands are shaky. >_<

In any case, have you tried a scanner for your artwork?

Valmond

Yeah, it's pretty scary to draw on digital when the hands are shaky. >_<

In any case, have you tried a scanner for your artwork?
Not yet, definitely a consideration at this point. Also yeah, I can barely keep my hands still to scan my drawing to do the app editing. 😂

Digital drawing is out of the question.

D

Deleted member 29316

Well, if you ever do buy a scanner, scanning your work to a bigger resolution (300 dpi) is good for printing. If you're using a phone to scan your work, you can use a tripod or a selfie stick and books. I bet it would get your lineart cleaner. :blob_melt::blobthumbsup:

Valmond

Well, if you ever do buy a scanner, scanning your work to a bigger resolution (300 dpi) is good for printing. If you're using a phone to scan your work, you can use a tripod or a selfie stick and books. I bet it would get your lineart cleaner. :blob_melt::blobthumbsup:
Ah, cool, thanks for the tip. ^^

Always looking for more ways to improve here. Ya know, now I am thinking about it. I wonder why I stopped drawing five years ago. Eh, I am sure I will remember eventually.