Am I a Writer Yet?

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I have hit 20k words on my current novel after months of not writing anything. Does this make me an author? Is there some kind of a test I have to take? Maybe a loyalty pledge of some kind?

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
I only have 47.5k words on my main novel.

llcoolnate

I'd just do it for the process. After 6 years of writing a horror novella (The Devil She Drew) I finally published it on Amazon a few days ago. Can be a major headache, so don't get discouraged if you hate it sometimes. Doesn't mean anything more than you're putting a lot of effort in it to make it the best you can rather than just accepting whatever you've jotted down so far. Good luck!

Madjic

Do the best you can. I think being able to keep it up for an extended period of time even when it doesn't come easily.

Also, To get a hater. They come in and just start yelling. My second book earned dozens on the first chapter. So it comes easier for some than others.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
Yes. Yes, you are. The number of words doesn't matter at all. As long as you wrote something, you're a writer.

Mechaphobic

I think it really depends on what you write, I have lots of science in my book, which sends most of the haters packing. I have realized that they seem to hate reading things that actually attempt to teach them something.

Kazesenken

And if you name your novel with a really long dumb title that sounds too much like a Japanese light novel, then you'll get your first hater within 5 minutes of posting!

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
And if you name your novel with a really long dumb title that sounds too much like a Japanese light novel, then you'll get your first hater within 5 minutes of posting!
that didn't happen to mine though.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
:sweating_profusely:My novels are usually 200k+ words... When I finish them, but I don't post ongoing works!:blob_aww:

I believe if you write poems or anything that is significantly less than 20k words probably less than 500 words... You are still a writer! 20k words could be an entire story!

Is Hiatus a ritual we all have to do?:blob_aww:

Kazesenken

Wait, what? Why would anyone hate on that? :blob_shock:
That happened to me. The dude gave me a 1 star literally right after I posted and sent me a DM about how stupid the title was.
The only good thing was I got several 5 starts over the next day or two.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
*Could barely even reach 10k without giving up*

*Slowly disappearing as my writer privileges gets revoked*

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
That happened to me. The dude gave me a 1 star literally right after I posted and sent me a DM about how stupid the title was.
The only good thing was I got several 5 starts over the next day or two.
Aaah that's cray. But hey, the upside is that it's just one cray guy.... :sweating_profusely:

Teanam

Well, you need 20k words to get the Author role on the SH discord. It doesn't get more official than that.