An advanced wiki and worldbuilding tool such as featured at Worldanvil.com.

Suzumiya

Would be nice to be able to have a "wiki" and "worldbuilding" tool included at Scribblehub.

I think it'd make it worth paying for, since it'd be an easier alternative to a service I already pay for at Worldanvil.com.

I dislike the disjointedness using an external site for the wiki page creates.

D

Deleted member 45782

Interesting...never knew about worldanvil....

Adds that to my list of potential writer tools list...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Too much work for a site catering to most other genres out there that have no such need for elaborate world-building tools. It's not a dedicated site for giant fantasy stories. You're best using third-party sites and linking them to your story while praying on your knees that your readers give enough of a shit to pull their dicks out of their pillowcases and check out your creation.

Yorth

Swordman
I think that could be nice, but that kind of already exists. It's the glossary feature, and while it's very primitive, it kind of does the job for a worldbuilding tool. Now, that feature could be either expanded upon or maybe redesigned idk.

Another option could potentially be to have some kind of natural integration to websites like Worldanvil or fanwiki. I'm not sure how that could work, but I would hope that it is possible to leverage the power of those websites to make the experience here better at scribblehub.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Would be nice to be able to have a "wiki" and "worldbuilding" tool included at Scribblehub.

I think it'd make it worth paying for, since it'd be an easier alternative to a service I already pay for at Worldanvil.com.

I'm not sure this is really needed - world anvil does exist is the thing. If people want to make a wiki, they can link people to it.

I don't think most writers need one. Wikis usually are only needed for really fleshed out worlds, particularly ones outside of our modern reality.

And, to be frank, most readers, even the most avid ones, I don't see being interested at looking at a wiki.

I'd say that with traditionally published stories, there's more of an incentive to have Wikis and communities, because there are more fans to talk to. Also, an online story could just be taken down, and so to some there might not be as much desire to become a fan when the story could be gone tomorrow.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

But the feature already exist. Granted, it's not to the same level of expansiveness as worldanvil, but it does its job. Just go to glossary. Not only can you add links, you can even add pictures into the glossary.

This is Ai-chan's half-baked glossary.