An Alternate World

JCountry

To start list out ten ancient inventions that changed the course of Human History.

Here are a few examples:
Agriculture (This is a really big one)
Leatherworking
Weaving
Bronzeworking
Masonry

Now pick at least one from your list or even the five above examples. Now, what would the modern world be like if that invention(s) was never invented?
I look forward to the worlds you come up with.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Papermaking.
Gunpowder.
Printing.

How ancient you looking at? Internet and A bombs are no go of course.

And I believe someone tried to explore the world of no gunpowder, was it in NUF or SHF?

No bronze = earlier warfare still hinges on stones. Quick question, will it affect the location of iron and iron smithing then?

As for me, I think the most crucial other than farming and keeping domestic animals to eat is papermaking and printing, as previous experiences and ideas are transfered through mouth and distortions will occur throughout the time and distance. With recordings however, the knowledge can be widespread and preserved.

Last edited:

JCountry

I think having no bronze would affect when people develop Ironworking if ever. It was one of the steps that led to ironworking. When mentioning ancient I was referring to technologies more than two thousand years old. Basically early civilization. Printing is too new.

SailusGebel

Religion. Bible to be precise. As much as it did hold the progress, it as well helped with the development of humanity. Don't know what would happen if there was no bible, the world would be too different.

JCountry

Religion. Bible to be precise. As much as it did hold the progress, it as well helped with the development of humanity. Don't know what would happen if there was no bible, the world would be too different.
Yeah, that would make for a very different world. I would love to see your take on a world in which the bible never came to be