An Attractive Delete Button.

CL

There's been a number (unknown to me) of threads made by either mistake or in regret. These posts will have their owners leave them as a shallow grave and carelessly move on with the expectance of an admin to delete it themselves. I don't know if that is out of laziness or whether this delete button is fairly well hidden (if it exists). I never had to delete a thread, but I've seen a thread pop up every month with their owner abandoning it because they can't be bothered to properly put it out of its misery.

Setting that tiny rant aside, I'd like it if there was a delete button for the visually impaired (make it shiny:blob_aww:).

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
There's been a number (unknown to me) of threads made by either mistake or in regret. These posts will have their owners leave them as a shallow grave and carelessly move on with the expectance of an admin to delete it themselves. I don't know if that is out of laziness or whether this delete button is fairly well hidden (if it exists). I never had to delete a thread, but I've seen a thread pop up every month with their owner abandoning it because they can't be bothered to properly put it out of its misery.

Setting that tiny rant aside, I'd like it if there was a delete button for the visually impaired (make it shiny:blob_aww:).
Such delete button was requested before on novelupdates. The reason why it wasn't implemented was so that when you make dumb mistakes, everyone could see it and laugh at you. :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula

forums aren't meant to have delete threads options even if you made the thread.

deleting posts is possible tho...

I think it was possible at one point for Opening Post-er to delete first post too, but the thread remains there, with lots of confused people.

from what I understand if you are able to delete your thead it would mean you would be deleting other people's reply to your thead
and non-mod are not meant to be able to delet other people's post.

e.g if i wrote an epic poem on a dead thread, cajoling the op... I would feel bad if the OP just deletes the thread even if I was being a bit cheeky... or if u hijack a thread to talking about whats the best type of food to serve in an orgy, better yet what it the min number of people you need to have for it to be an orgy..etc etc. irrelevant but interesting.

CL

forums aren't meant to have delete threads options even if you made the thread.

deleting posts is possible tho...

I think it was possible at one point for Opening Post-er to delete first post too, but the thread remains there, with lots of confused people.

from what I understand if you are able to delete your thead it would mean you would be deleting other people's reply to your thead
and non-mod are not meant to be able to delet other people's post.

e.g if i wrote an epic poem on a dead thread, cajoling the op... I would feel bad if the OP just deletes the thread even if I was being a bit cheeky... or if u hijack a thread to talking about whats the best type of food to serve in an orgy, better yet what it the min number of people you need to have for it to be an orgy..etc etc. irrelevant but interesting.
That is a very well thought out reason for why there shouldn't be one. With that on my mind, I believe it might be a better suggestion to have an opening post be given a grace period (5 minutes?) in the event its creation was a mistake. :blob_hmm_two:

Amok

grblbrbl
forums are supposed to be cesspools of variable data, filled with noncoccurent thoughts and impilsive brain farts so that future historians can have jobs, thus juistifying their existence. this is of course a time-conspiracy, for when historians realized they were becoming redundant due to clear information storage in the gestalt memory, they determined the only course of action was to travel back in time and complicate historical records to such an absurd degree that human affairs would become near mythical and overly contentious in their interpretation, thus ensuring that historians will need to be employed to sift through the white noise of spammers and shitposters.
all tech billionaires are in on this, and any one person who posts a useless thread.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Tony likes have the information on the forums properly archived, so that's not happening.

If you want one of your threads locked, just report it, the mods will lock it for you. No biggie.

Deletion though? It only happens on very rare and specific occasions.