Writing Prompt An impossible quest.

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
You have made a grave mistake, you have done something you can never take back.

for that reason you have been casted out... you are... exiled from your kingdom? shunned by you tribe? fired from your job? blacklisted by intergalactic traders? rejected by your lover? unsubbed on youtube?OR people dropping your novel from their reading lists!

whatever the setting, there is a ray of hope you can win back everyone's good will, and remove that tarnish from you name with one difficult task. it will not be easy, some might even say its impossible.

what seemingly impossible tasks can you think of?

does the village idiot need to slay dragon for the crime of exposing himself in the imperial court?

does a chef have to learn to be a master marksman for giving soldiers food poisoning?

what setting , what task and what crime?

D

Deleted member 29316

what seemingly impossible tasks can you think of?
Turning back time and winning the heart of the girl I love.

As for the setting, it's a contemporary time period. The crime is, well, I just let myself fall in love to her even if it's impossible for her to look at me as a man worthy of her. 😂😂😂

Nice setting for a romance story.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
A guy who wants to die that would lead in saving the universe as a divine being. He doesn't have talent, skills, hard work, motivation, friends, aspirations(other than tying a noose) or anything to care. He just been declared that he is the one who would save the world. Also, he doesn't have luck or plot armor. Good Luck world, your fcked.

Mwpensword

For the crime of forgetting to feed the puppies you are hereby banished until you have accomplished a quest. The quest is to go to the store and buy a bag of puppy chow for the puppies. The twist, you are only three years old and live in a village where nobody ever gets bigger than that. Everything else is still normal sized including the 50 lb bags of dog food.

Undeadd

What about destroying an enemy kingdom?

Nobles are still idiots tho so I guess accomplishing that would only lead to the nobles of your own kingdom to try to take you down out of fear... What about taking over the kingdom becoming it's new ruler instead?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well, this is from a story (in progress, hiatus) of mine, which is influenced by the works Mother of Learning, Reincarnated Swordmaster and somehow Re:zero, in the incompetent MC department at least.

Escaping the isekai time loop that is preventing him from going home, my setting is actively fucking with him with a BE.

Setting is a working adult who got isekaied, his crime is negligent to his folks, which resulted in a heavy loss and regret that he tried to reconcile by going back home, only to get isekaied and horribly tortured, then he got groundhoged. His task is to find the good ending for the time loop so as to escape and return back to the old world (ps, not going to happen). As to why the task is impossible, because the world is actively fucking with him, his otherworlder status makes him hated and ridiculed, his power initially weak makes him good to bully and once he is strong, everyone stronger is out to step on him while those weaker are always in cahoot to kill him. He can just pretend that he is not an otherworlder, but once found out, everyone around him will make his life a living hell and those that are close to him will first to suffer. So he must not only be reminded of his losses in the original world, but everytime he groundhogs he must be ready to lose those that genuinely cared for him.