Recommendations An Original

• Thread starter Deleted member 9915
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9915

These days I found myself researching magical realism and low fantasy. They kind of affected my current writing style actually. Also, I'm getting myself away fron mainstream genres nowadays (in web). I don't know why maybe I just have to take a break from them? (e.g. xianxia, wuxia, xuanhuan, litrpg, systems, reincarnations). I think I got tired of face-slapping young masters, poof here, woosh there, and senseless harem (not to generalize but most of what I've read).

I'm broke af too (XD)... so I prefer web-based series'. Anywhere but I would much appreciate it more if it can be found here in SH or your own series. No translated please.

This things might help too. I like crafting, alchemy/chemistry, mythology, monsters, ancient civilizations, fast-paced action with reasonable deaths, supernatural. Something sensible or mysterious but engaging.

Thank you in advance Scribblers~
Post your comments and suggestions below.

mr.heavy-writer

Tony's Friend
These days I found myself researching magical realism and low fantasy. They kind of affected my current writing style actually. Also, I'm getting myself away fron mainstream genres nowadays (in web). I don't know why maybe I just have to take a break from them? (e.g. xianxia, wuxia, xuanhuan, litrpg, systems, reincarnations). I think I got tired of face-slapping young masters, poof here, woosh there, and senseless harem (not to generalize but most of what I've read).

I'm broke af too (XD)... so I prefer web-based series'. Anywhere but I would much appreciate it more if it can be found here in SH or your own series. No translated please.

This things might help too. I like crafting, alchemy/chemistry, mythology, monsters, ancient civilizations, fast-paced action with reasonable deaths, supernatural. Something sensible or mysterious but engaging.

okay

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

Alright brother, I've got a few ideas but they're pretty terrible so best if you make something out of them.

• Since you're all done with generic shounen protagonists, how about giving the blacksmiths a chance? Give them the story of how they make their buster blades for the shounen protagonists. The struggles of creating awesome weaponry and the pure competition between other blacksmiths. How about the blacksmith market dying and that everyone's going for alchemy? Or the blacksmith finding the rise of gunpowder to be the end of the age of blades and his quest to overcome the inevitable tide of mechanical evolution
  • Try fusing both ends of history together. Magic, mythological monsters and all but it's the 21st century. Chimeras are now valuable workforce in the pest control economy; Dragons are now prominent performers in circuses; Hippogriffs now work with FedEx. Could work well in a slice-of-life series.
  • Sensible, mysterious but engaging. Detective work in the olden days? Maybe a medieval noir? Ever thought of that?
Just some little ideas from your local Scribbler, hope you found them useful.

Lurking

I am not sure if you want recommedations on how to write or on what to read.

Obviously, I recommend my own series lol.

There arent any deaths tho.

Rainli

Should probably check out the top original web-fics like Mother of Learning(really liked this one - it's being posted on RR), Threadbear(also RR), Metaworld Chronicles...

On SH(for sure with maybe some x-post to RR) I highly rec- Re: Trailer Trash(this does have a reincarnation theme but it's different from your usual fanfare and pretty well-written), Last Science, Illusion/Core.

I would rec mine(obviously) lolol, but it's a litRPG - though not really the kind you would expect. ^^