Anime is dead.

• Thread starter Deleted member 42060
  • Start date

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
i still find hentai pretty enjoyable, but it might just be me.

i often think that anime is just teaser for the hentai and i'm baffled how i'm right most of the time.
Bruh, there hasn’t been a good hentai in what feels like forever. 90% or more of the hentai that comes out on average every month have the most generic looking character designs and boring scenarios ever. Then you’ve got Queen Bee dishing out power point presentations like they’re growing on trees.

Why can’t there be another Rance, absolute legend lol.

Last edited:

TroubleFait

The real anime was the friends we made along the way.
It's actually true though. Giguk was talking about it. How a whole generation grew up as "nerds" but by becoming friends together, legitimised the whole genre and now this culture is mainstream.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
It's actually true though. Giguk was talking about it. How a whole generation grew up as "nerds" but by becoming friends together, legitimised the whole genre and now this culture is mainstream.
The second something becomes mainstream it just dies as people jump on the bandwagon pumping out low quality crap to saturate the market because they know people will consume whatever’s out there. It sucks because they don’t even really like it or give a shit about any of it and just want to use it as a means to make a quick buck.

If people are calling anime culture mainstream now... the future of anime culture is as good as dead.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Nah it isnt an excellent bait, but just an low-effort, below-average bait

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
The second something becomes mainstream it just dies as people jump on the bandwagon pumping out low quality crap to saturate the market because they know people will consume whatever’s out there. It sucks because they don’t even really like it or give a shit about any of it and just want to use it as a means to make a quick buck.

If people are calling anime culture mainstream now... the future of anime culture is as good as dead.
It's not about being mainstream, Anime has just straight up become stale and repetitive. You know how people clown on pokemon journeys on being shit, Its still better than 90% of seasonal anime currently out there, even though it would be only an average anime in 2010

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
It's not about being mainstream, Anime has just straight up become stale and repetitive. You know how people clown on pokemon journeys on being shit, Its still better than 90% of seasonal anime currently out there, even though it would be only an average anime in 2010
Yeah and when something becomes stale and repetitive it is typically because it‘s become part of the mainstream. People saw a magic formula that was catching on and working with a certain crowd so they jumped in on the trend to cash in then dip when it collapses.

I remember the days where I kept my anime addiction a well guarded secret. Now that it’s popularized I’m cringing just trying to get through a single episode of most anime released these days.

Video games also used to be fun, but then it became mainstream and they decided to kill every little fun thing there used to be in them. It’s just copy your old game’s code, paste it into a new project, rename it, and release acting like it’s the second coming of Jesus. We’re expected to prostrate ourselves before the corporate overlords and just eat whatever they want to shit into our mouths. Add in stupid worthless skins I give zero shits about purchasing instead of allocating resources to actual good playable content to the game that I wouldn’t mind paying money for, and you’ve got a magical money printing machine.

Last edited:

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Damn I can feel the elitism oozing off of this thread.
On my part, I wouldn’t say it’s elitism. I still even give the crappy anime that come out a chance and try to give them as fair an assessment as I can. If I can watch an anime to the end in one sitting, only pausing every now and then due to cringe, I give it a 7. If I don’t cringe at all, it’s an 8.

If I lose track of time and finish before I realize it without struggling in the slightest to watch it, it’s a 9. If I thoroughly enjoyed it, am super excited by the end of it, and feel regretful that it’s over at the same time because there is no more to watch, it’s a 10.

If I can’t make it through an anime to the end, I typically won’t rate it. If I do somehow force myself to get through a god awful anime that has me pausing every couple of lines cringing and rolling on the ground in pain just to say I finished it, only then does my rating fall to the 4-6 range. 1-3 ratings from me are reserved for the absolute lowest of low abominations of the industry. Anime so bad they should be treated as crimes against humanity for letting our eyes witness the birth of such an atrocious burning dumpster fire only Satan could have shat out.

In terms of video games though, game developers that have gone the corporate, predatory monetization route, are as good as dead to me. Nothing good or original is ever going to come out of them again once they’ve adopted the corporate mindset. The investors demand returns after all. The only way to provide those returns is predatory monetary microtransactions along with an extremely rushed game development cycle to pump out a title every year.

Indie developers who’re still pure, innocent, and still naively working hard toward producing something that isn’t a copy pasta without any thought put into it, I can only place my hope in them. Also the few game developers who haven’t gone the corporate route yet.

Man, even the whole metaverse shit is depressing. Why do social media giants have to be the ones leading the charge for this? They’re just going to fuck this up and suck all the joy out of it by shoving ads down our throat at every turn. So many people’s hopes and dreams are going to end in disappointment if they’re the ones behind this.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
It’s confirmed. No one watches anime anymore.
hmm... hmm... hmm... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

( あなたを殺しに来るクソアニメオタク。) use DeepL to translate.

Translation of the above sentence: Fucking anime geeks coming to kill you.

I can get away with at least this much I hope. I even added the translation into my post itself... mods, please do check for transparent things before deleting this if it goes against the 'English only' rule.

Also, it isn't really dead. There are tons of great hits sent out this year, many of which are widely watched!

For example, the Duke of Death and His Maid! It was quite the enjoyable SoL/Drama/Romance~ Not only that, it is even believed there will be a second season!

The art style was a bit... weirder than normal, but the anime was addicting, you could say. I binged the entire series yesterday. All twelve episodes.

Then, we have Moonlit-fantasy~ (TSUKI GA MICHIBIKU). I watched a few of the episodes that came out, and they were perfectly created! I've already read past where a fourth season would start, if we get a fourth season, so I was a bit bored but it would be quite alluring to any person who likes watching animation!

This season, we also have the anime adaptation of Mushoku Tensei! I waited for years for it to happen! And I finally got it! Again, this is kind of like the situation in TsukiMichi before. As in, I kind of already finished the entire series. But the anime was still good.

Don't forget the series that's still on Funimation's trending after more than a year: Kakushigoto! It was amazing to watch, and wholesome.

And I will also say that there are millions of views generated by anime every single day. Besides, the worth of anime yearly is expected to reach USD 25.46 billion by the end of this year (stats gathered from here). By no means is anime dead. It is an ever-going industry.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Now I'm imagining a bunch of internetizens having to somehow defeat a sentient anime elemental that breaks physics somehow. Thanks all :P

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Nah it isnt an excellent bait, but just an low-effort, below-average bait
yet, it made 2 pages worth of responses in 12 hours

it is a low effort bait, yes

but we're all worthless fishes biting it nonetheless

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
yet, it made 2 pages worth of responses in 12 hours

it is a low effort bait, yes

but we're all worthless fishes biting it nonetheless
I never said we fishes were good enough to resist low quality baits :blob_cookie:

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
You know, I realized that in the past I had this huge to watch list which I never got around to doing due to seasonal anime, now that there is no seasonal anime I can't remember what was on that list

Exist_To_Keep_My_Promise

I don't watch Anime anymore, but I still do read Manga/Manhua/Manhwa. I might watch an Anime if it adapted one of my favorite works through.