Time 2005-2007

Anime:
Fate/Stay Night
Blood+
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Kino no Tabi (Kino's Journey) 2003
Yu Yu Hakusho

EternalSunset0

Technically I watched anime on TV during my childhood. So, the batch of Yu Yu Hakusho, Digimon, Pokemon, Shaman King, Yugioh, and whatever other toy commercial got aired on TV (Beyblade and similar shows)

However, the start of my actual weebdom, or taking anime quite seriously as a hobby came in 2010 with Bleach and K-on. Then Vampire Knight, Toradora, Shana, and Railgun around a year after. Full descent into weebdom came in 2012 with Accel World, SAO, and Madoka Magica.
Everyone have to start somewhere.

Time 2005-2007

Anime:
Fate/Stay Night
Blood+
Yu Yu Hakusho
Blood+ is also one of the first few shows I enjoyed. Helped open the way for modern supernatural stuff for me.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Doraemon, Inuyasha, Naruto, Cardcaptor Sakura.

FFS I forgot about Gundam Wing.

That is it. I am more of a manga person.

Last edited:

vic20

Everyone have to start somewhere.

Time 2005-2007

Anime:
Fate/Stay Night
Blood+
Yu Yu Hakusho
Well i think that slayers,sailor moon,lost universe( i think that was the name of an anime with space ships).where ones of the first ever i can remember

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
A long time ago, dere was an ol random vhs with The Vision of Escaflowne.

Me was like...8-9 y.o. or something.

Dan was random Sailor Moon n stuff on tv and dan after 14 y.o. me started watching whatever everything lika madlad cuz me could.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Didn't experience anime in one go like most did. It mostly came from wave to wave experience where every interval break, I did other hobbies.

First wave- watched all this on tv when I was younger
Fushigi yuugi, inuyasha, one piece, pokemon, the wallflower, doraemon, slam dunk, sailor moon and detective conan.

Break, I didn't watch other anime except from tv

Second wave- my brother started watching anime from internet so I decided to watch together with him.
Outbreak company, attack on titan, persona(forgot what specifically, we didn't finish it)

Break, still not interested to be a full on otaku

Third wave- I watched tv and one time I was watching, I saw 'is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon'. I missed the episodes from the channel I was watching at so I decided to search for it and became an semi-otaku in the process.
Knights of sidonia, is it wrong to try pick up girls from the dungeon, SAO, chobits, death march to the parallel world rhapsody and more...

Agentt

Thighs
Naruto, pokemon and dragon ball used to air on television. All three, for some reason, stopped broadcasting so I watched the episodes on youtube. This went on till 9th grade. In 9th grade, one of my class mate's elder brother had just joined college. In my country, it is normal for college boys to watch anime, as a sign of rebellion. It is also during this time they watch all american, Spanish and German shows. So, he liked death note a lot and recommended to his brother who reccomend it to me. After that I just kept googling shows like death note. Hence I entered an emo phase where I only watched dark anime like
Another
Corpse party
Mirai nikki
Full metal alchemist
Attack on titan
Death parade
C3
Dead man wonderland
Re zero
Then I was introduced to light hearted ones like
Senko San
Konusuba
Madoka magika

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
I remember when magical girls were all sweet and no bloodshed and misery. One of the first animes I've watched was Sugar Sugar Rune and the classic Voltes V.

DubstheDuke

Naruto then bleach were my first animes. Pretty cliche, but also titans of the anime industry as a whole.

D

Deleted member 45782

Probably watched Doraemon as a kid, don't remember much of it. Yu-gi-oh and others possibly but haven't really thought of it as separate; just always thought of it as any other cartoons that are worthwhile to watch. Kids in elementary school started watching Naruto so that seemed intersting, but I didn't know how to access sites or even youtube at that time (new concept to me).

During high school I watched vocaloid songs and sometimes some anime that shown on Youtube. Found that InuYasha on youtube which is great (introduced by a dvd from library), then there was ouran high school, maid sama, and stuff. Sometimes will watch what my sibling watches; when my sibling watches anime, I sometimes just watch parts and when my mom watches cdramas, i too sometimes just watch parts.

Fast forward in hs or early college years, watched more Naruto stuff to catch up on Youtube.

Still, most things are if I come across it on YouTube. I don't actively go out of my way to watch anime, most times I would go on its wiki to learn the story's lore.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
90's baby

Sailormoon
Rurouni Kenshin
Voltes V
Daimos
Gundam Wing
Weiss Kreuz
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Bubble Gum Crisis Tokyo 4020

and the list goes on...

Redemit

Zoids I would get up at 6am to watch it on cartoon network every morning when I was like 5 and samurai x at 6pm I didn't even know what anime was till I was a teen