Anime

Scribbler

*cough cough* I'm pretty bored. Browsing youtube. Looks at a bunch of a fancy TOP 10 ANIME. All of the anime are shit. Then I think about what good anime is. Then I think about the first animes I've watched. 2007 anime were the first anime I watched. The first ones I can recall are
  • Black Cat
  • Busuo Renkin
  • Kaze no Stigma
There's probably more that I'm forgetting about. I was pretty young at the time and didn't know about *cough cough* "getting anime online" so I used the cable service that was called on demand where there was a choice of downloadable dubbed anime. I do recall the anime Nana as being one of the choices, but being a boy at the time I bored quickly of the silent scenes of women gazing thoughtfully out a window. Suzuka was also one of them! I don't think I paid much attention to that one though, though I do recall a scene where the dense MC was chided by one of the girls for doing something dense. And that he looked like the dead boyfriend of the main heroine? Idk. I think that's also where I started watching Case Closed I.E. Detective Conan. I loved that show so much. It gave me the detective noir feel.

What anime/s did you first watch? How did you get into anime? Some people will probably answer pokemon or dragon ball z, and those definitely can count, but I think the dragon ball z and pokemon craze was before my generation. But I do recall catching a couple episodes of pokemon, but I didn't really know wtf was going on since I couldn't download all the episodes.

I'm going off to watch a 2007 anime that I've never seen, Darker than Black. Baccano was so good, guys. 2007 was a good year for anime.

Edit: actually, it may have been a streaming service.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
If we’re talking about my first non-mainstream anime (One Piece, DB/DBZ, Naruto, Pokémon, Bleach), then it would be Angel Beats, and boy was that a beginning.

Mizu

My first non mainstream anime was Mirai Nikki... I even forgot how I found it but that was also an introduction. QUITE the introduction. I realize it isnt perfect but because of this it holds a spot in my heart and causes my brother to make fun of me for liking yanderes... IDK what he is smokin to get that absurd idea.

Hama

My first anime, I think it was 'saint seiya', am not sure

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
It started as a kindergartener. The local channel for children mostly aired anime (Heidi). Then Dragonball, Digimon, Detective Conan, Naruto, One Piece, etc. came to this.

When they aired Spirited Away in the cinema, I had to be there. Every Christmas, it was time for Princess Mononoke. After that, I watched basically everything, that was free on the internet, because a child got no money. (Saved every penny to buy all Ghibli DVD's)

Add the passion of drawing to it and the pit is unable to escape...

Black Cat was good (though I don't remember much, the impression still lasted till today)

But my forever inspiration is 07-Ghost. I love the design and music, it was so mesmerizing as a child/teeny.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
First anime is Saint Seiya and Digimon. Actually no, my first was B-daman Bakugaiden and Victory.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
*cough cough* I'm pretty bored. Browsing youtube. Looks at a bunch of a fancy TOP 10 ANIME. All of the anime are shit. Then I think about what good anime is. Then I think about the first animes I've watched. 2007 anime were the first anime I watched. The first ones I can recall are
  • Black Cat
  • Busuo Renkin
  • Kaze no Stigma
There's probably more that I'm forgetting about. I was pretty young at the time and didn't know about *cough cough* "getting anime online" so I used the cable service that was called on demand where there was a choice of downloadable dubbed anime. I do recall the anime Nana as being one of the choices, but being a boy at the time I bored quickly of the silent scenes of women gazing thoughtfully out a window. Suzuka was also one of them! I don't think I paid much attention to that one though, though I do recall a scene where the dense MC was chided by one of the girls for doing something dense. And that he looked like the dead boyfriend of the main heroine? Idk. I think that's also where I started watching Case Closed I.E. Detective Conan. I loved that show so much. It gave me the detective noir feel.

What anime/s did you first watch? How did you get into anime? Some people will probably answer pokemon or dragon ball z, and those definitely can count, but I think the dragon ball z and pokemon craze was before my generation. But I do recall catching a couple episodes of pokemon, but I didn't really know wtf was going on since I couldn't download all the episodes.

I'm going off to watch a 2007 anime that I've never seen, Darker than Black. Baccano was so good, guys. 2007 was a good year for anime.

Edit: actually, it may have been a streaming service.
Bro those were in my top five favorite anime. Sadly the only thing that's improved on anime jas been the art, and sometimes not even that. Very few good anime are coming out recently.

Scribbler

Yo, guys, this darker than black MC is so fucked up. He's just playing her! I love it so much!

Darkwood

Technically it was Pokemon but I don’t even know what anime was at the time.
Other than that, myself yourself was the first time I watched anime.

Great_Intention

Yo, guys, this darker than black MC is so fucked up. He's just playing her! I love it so much!
If you have time, you can watch Ergo Proxy, Experimental Lain, Paranoia Agent, or Elfen Lied. They're some recommendations of 'dark' anime.
A good dark anime movie, if you haven't seen yet, is Perfect Blue.

Scribbler

If you have time, you can watch Ergo Proxy, Experimental Lain, Paranoia Agent, or Elfen Lied. They're some recommendations of 'dark' anime.
A good dark anime movie, if you haven't seen yet, is Perfect Blue.
It turns out he wasn't playing her. She was in fact playing him without her even knowing. But then but then it turns out they weren't. The ending was so sad. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Andro

My first mainstraem anime were Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon in the late '90s on TV. These were aired as French cartoons (the french dub was translated to hungarian language), so I only knew years later they are japanese cartoons and they are animes.