Any good books to read?

ForestDweller

Yeah. Thats decent enough. 3k is my bare minimum because anything shorter means they put almost no descriptive detail in and I like the descriptions. If you can't take the time to describe the scene/setting/character's visual, then you most likely won't take the time to finish what you started. I don't read anything that has majority short chapters because I'll already know they skimped out on something important somewhere.

I got told to write at least 3k words per chapter by one of my readers as well. So I've been writing that much ever since.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I recommend @BenJepheneT and his story, Caninstinct. Wonderfully descriptive writing. Something most in RR and SH seems to find unimportant and unnecessary whereas I just find it lazy not to include it. The chapters are lengthy too, none of that 1k-2k nonsense that people like to pretend are real chapters.

Marsh Man by Bokuboy. (It's a little dull in places but the MC himself and his personality really sell it home for me. Don't expect great battles every other chapter. Instead, expect a witty MC with a kind of dull manner that remains charming nonetheless. He likes to take people's hands too. Literally.

Azarinth Healer by Rhaegar is good if you can get past the UTTERLY AWFUL grammar and prose for the first 100 or so chapters. I was bored and I just kept reading so bite me. It's....really a train wreck writing-wise at first. Great idea, terrible writing...but it does improve eventually. You can tell he was improving as he wrote and I respect that so I'm promoting him.

Caninstinct

Marsh Man

Azarinth Healer
YOOOOOOOOOOOO thanks for that street cred my guy

Sii

Yeah. Thats decent enough. 3k is my bare minimum because anything shorter means they put almost no descriptive detail in and I like the descriptions. If you can't take the time to describe the scene/setting/character's visual, then you most likely won't take the time to finish what you started. I don't read anything that has majority short chapters because I'll already know they skimped out on something important somewhere.

I agree with you but also don't agree with you. Shorter chapters can still be descriptive, they just tend to be to the point and not meander as much. My problem with long chapter novels is that they tend to feel slower and clunkier. Like the author wanted to show off just how descriptive they could be without saying much of anything.

I definitely prefer to read longer chapters but am a hypocrite cuz I write short chapters myself, 1.5-2k words per chapter. But that's my fault because I write in a split chapter format, which was completely on accident.

And I think you're spot on with your referral of Caninstinct. The homie @BenJepheneT has excellent prose and does a great job with the long chapters. I don't know how he does it but I applaud him for being able to write such long chapters and still making them feel engaging.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I definitely prefer to read longer chapters but am a hypocrite cuz I write short chapters myself, 1.5-2k words per chapter. But that's my fault because I write in a split chapter format, which was completely on accident.
I used to like longer chapters because I was like "short chapters lazy, long chapters good" and then I realized long chapters were kind of hard to get through ever since I got older and got more stressed with less attention span, so yeah now I write and read shorter chapters.

Luxferion

So basically, every single book that I find that has an interesting synopsis always has a tag that says its Yaoi, Gender Bender or has cross dressing???
Can you guys write a normal one pls thank

Or am i just behind on the times and the new norm is not having gender?
Well if you want a book that has interesting story and no gender bender and stuff as such...Mine is for the one.If you want.It's not much for the moment with just 58 readers but I guess soon it will be a book you will see everywhere.a legendary masterpiece.

Well also yep you will get bombarded with people recommending you.But a way i suggest for you to choose is set what you don't like and what you like set fully, therefore you eliminate novels you don't want to read.

Mine is called :

Undying Phantasia