Any good books to read?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

blazjindanblue

I know what they want, I was replying to the way he worded his point because it annoyed me... >.>
Then you are also at fault here for being feisty and baiting them in their frustration. Finding a good story that goes along your beliefs and really fits your desires is not easy. Even more so if in the case of having already read lots and lots of stories with reading perhaps having become a (daily) necessity.
Frustration is natural and the expression of it healthy, although it may breed a toxic environment...
In any case, keep trying to find the story that you wish to read and try not to get too mixed up in the ideals that you may in fact lose sight of a good story. Sometimes finding something new or giving reading a break for a while would help. Maybe even re-reading a story has got to be worth something as well as maybe catching up to an older story that you read?

If you want I can recommend a story or two as well. Hate is a natural consequence of the love being stripped and washed away before your eyes. It is a denial of reality as much as it is a wish for a better world. For love and positivity. But as it engulfs self it will stiffle your happiness and love like a corpse rots in the bog - from the inside out.

AliceShiki

Then you are also at fault here for being feisty and baiting them in their frustration. Finding a good story that goes along your beliefs and really fits your desires is not easy. Even more so if in the case of having already read lots and lots of stories with reading perhaps having become a (daily) necessity.
Frustration is natural and the expression of it healthy, although it may breed a toxic environment...
In any case, keep trying to find the story that you wish to read and try not to get too mixed up in the ideals that you may in fact lose sight of a good story. Sometimes finding something new or giving reading a break for a while would help. Maybe even re-reading a story has got to be worth something as well as maybe catching up to an older story that you read?

If you want I can recommend a story or two as well. Hate is a natural consequence of the love being stripped and washed away before your eyes. It is a denial of reality as much as it is a wish for a better world. For love and positivity. But as it engulfs self it will stiffle your happiness and love like a corpse rots in the bog - from the inside out.
It is not that hard to use the Series Finder...

In any case, I don't mind that people have their own preferences and don't like reading the same things I do, I'm mainly bothering by the way one expresses their discontent when it is done in ways I personally consider disrespectful.

And I also mind stuff being posted in the wrong subforums I guess.

blazjindanblue

It is not that hard to use the Series Finder...

In any case, I don't mind that people have their own preferences and don't like reading the same things I do, I'm mainly bothering by the way one expresses their discontent when it is done in ways I personally consider disrespectful.

And I also mind stuff being posted in the wrong subforums I guess.
But it's not about you! It is about them and their story that will make their day! >_<

AliceShiki

But it's not about you! It is about them and their story that will make their day! >_<
I don't get your point, this is not a thread in the I'm Looking For subforum, therefore it is fine to discuss the topic in general instead of giving only recommendations.

I discussed their wording, that's all there is to it.

blazjindanblue

Playing coy is that so!?
I don't get your point, this is not a thread in the I'm Looking For subforum, therefore it is fine to discuss the topic in general instead of giving only recommendations.

I discussed their wording, that's all there is to it.

Nyaa

This helps, somewhat:
Make the check-boxes red to hide those genres on the home page.

Personally, I hide
[Boys Love], [Fanfiction], [Smut]

I don't care for these either
[Historical], [Martial Arts], [Mecha], [Sports]
But I don't hide those due to collateral damage to series of other genres which may incorporate these to an insignificant extent.

Last edited:

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
How do you define normal?
By the description, I guess not having gay or trans inside :blobtaco:
Oh, and by the second post, I guess no harem or incest either.

So if I got that correctly, their normal is something along the lines of slice of life adventure or comedy or romance, but if there's one it's just between two people and it has to be hetero.

Well, a lot of novels tend to be harem or some kind of it since a lot of them are based to some extent on wish fulfillment. I ain't saying there are no "normal" ones, but you have to search a bit harder for them. I don't know, try Beastborne, I really liked it.

AkalE

I think this thread has some drama. But can't be sure. You need to tldr folks.... Too long to read. :blobthumbsup:

zaetheiu

How about Trash of the Count's family (really good translated by Wuxia world) about a guy who wanted to slack of but need to make his move to have a peace in his new world.

P.s he transported as a villain.

My death flag no signs of ending (already have a manga, check it out;
(https://www.mangadex.com/chapter/933816/1) got transported in a game world as a minor villain where all his speeches are program so they are all rude. Check this out, it has some unique things in a normal isekai.

Transmigrates into Noble's beaten son (https://www.scribblehub.com/series/131121/transmigrated-i nto-nobles-beaten-son/) this one is new, he transported again as a minor villain but one that is already beaten or not in the game. I think this one has slice of life and school life theme with swords and magic. I used to read it own wattpad until the author decided to post in our very own story in scribblehub.

scarredpineapple

Omg, I thought this topic died down so didn't check back, but thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll go read them all :D

Also I seem to have started some sort of war on whats *normal* but in this case I used the word normal as something that a bit relatable/ something I can imagine myself doing, I guess? Like taming a dragon or using magic. But I can't imagine myself looking at another dude and going "wow nice long ding dong, lemme touch it" ya'know?

D

Deleted member 29448

So basically, every single book that I find that has an interesting synopsis always has a tag that says its Yaoi, Gender Bender or has cross dressing???
Can you guys write a normal one pls thank

Or am i just behind on the times and the new norm is not having gender?
I, too, will jump on board and suggest my interactive novel series! At the start, there isn’t any romance but the next few arcs will lead to romance! Male main character with female main character. Please, do check it out if you’d like:

Venior

So basically, every single book that I find that has an interesting synopsis always has a tag that says its Yaoi, Gender Bender or has cross dressing???
Can you guys write a normal one pls thank

Or am i just behind on the times and the new norm is not having gender?

I've definitely noticed a lot of sexual content on this site, but I do believe there are enough non-sexual content to appeal to most people.

I will say that BL/Yaoi isn't the same thing as say Gender Bender, even if they are occasionally tagged together.

Yaoi just means gay males, while gender bender is more so gender fluidity or changing from male to female and vice versa. A lot of gender bender I've read revolve around the main character being a heteromorphic entity like a slime rather than an actual human.

Also cross dressing is still gender and sex, it's just not gender normative. etc etc.

Neither of my two stories have Yaoi/Romance/Gender Bender/etc etc, but I'm not about to link them so shamelessly. They are in my signature, though.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I recommend @BenJepheneT and his story, Caninstinct. Wonderfully descriptive writing. Something most in RR and SH seems to find unimportant and unnecessary whereas I just find it lazy not to include it. The chapters are lengthy too, none of that 1k-2k nonsense that people like to pretend are real chapters.

Marsh Man by Bokuboy. (It's a little dull in places but the MC himself and his personality really sell it home for me. Don't expect great battles every other chapter. Instead, expect a witty MC with a kind of dull manner that remains charming nonetheless. He likes to take people's hands too. Literally.

Azarinth Healer by Rhaegar is good if you can get past the UTTERLY AWFUL grammar and prose for the first 100 or so chapters. I was bored and I just kept reading so bite me. It's....really a train wreck writing-wise at first. Great idea, terrible writing...but it does improve eventually. You can tell he was improving as he wrote and I respect that so I'm promoting him.

Caninstinct

Marsh Man

Azarinth Healer

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Are 3k chapters good enough? :s_smile:
Yeah. Thats decent enough. 3k is my bare minimum because anything shorter means they put almost no descriptive detail in and I like the descriptions. If you can't take the time to describe the scene/setting/character's visual, then you most likely won't take the time to finish what you started. I don't read anything that has majority short chapters because I'll already know they skimped out on something important somewhere.