Any good books to read?

scarredpineapple

So basically, every single book that I find that has an interesting synopsis always has a tag that says its Yaoi, Gender Bender or has cross dressing???
Can you guys write a normal one pls thank

Or am i just behind on the times and the new norm is not having gender?

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
So basically, every single book that I find that has an interesting synopsis always has a tag that says its Yaoi, Gender Bender or has cross dressing???

Besides not having those tags, it might help to specify anything else that makes you think that the book has an interesting synopsis
Otherwise, you can just use SH's filter feature and just filter out those genres/tags

Alienix

There is azarinth healer. I havent read it yet, but it has many viewers and one of top ranks in neighbour site.

Personally, I recommend Morbid by bokuboy. However, the mc is sociopath.

Every story from bokuboy is top rank in this site btw.

There is also he who fights with monster.

C.Sunlight

Do you want me to be shameless or do you want me to be shameless? Jokes aside, there are quite a few decent novels out there that don't have Yaoi/Yuri/Whatever else. (Although I don't personally care as long as the content's good).

I recommend stalking (I can't believe I wrote stocking... Argh) the new novels section and then commenting on them so the authors have motivation to write (as well as the heavy weight of expectations, lol).

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
you can just use SH's filter feature and just filter out those genres/tags
there easy as hell. coming here and asking for recommendations is just gonna end up with people rushing down here and shilling like no tomorrow. just use the filter system and find what you like. easier that way.

and no, I've never said I wasn't a hypocrite

DDTStudios

You could try mine but I will be honest...I even think it’s awful since I haven’t done any editing. I’m going to be shameless (I admit and I don’t like it) but try reading Heir de Winter or Hero Game, both don’t have any smut, yaoi, yuri, sex, isekai, and all that explicit stuff.

thedude3445

I take this as an open invitation to shill Hands Held in the Snow, which has no gender bender, and no protagonists have any yaois or crossdressings or any of that. It is exactly everything you want in a normal romance story, clearly

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Most of the people in my story are cisgendered heterosexual people, though Joan's husband Michael pretends to be "Michelle" in one scene. 😇

scarredpineapple

Oh, yeah I should've mentioned what I actually prefer as well.

So what I want is no romance, maybe a bit but like, I dont want a novel where the protagonist puts themselves into useless trouble for their S/O. If there is, maybe something like a fluffy novel where there's no real antagonist and the whole thing is just about the 2 people.
Also yes, no harem/reverse harem :c. Also I tried using the filter but couldn't really find anything good, I found a few but they'd either been dropped or just slow updates :(

So what I'm looking for is something like Adventure/Comedy/Action/Thriller/LitRPG/Fantasy/Kingdom-building/Sibling rivalry (but no incest, monkaS)/Sword and Magic etc. Ofc, not all of them in 1 book, just a book with either one or 2 of these tags and none of the ones I don't want would be great!

Also thanks a lot for recommending me your books, I'll go read them now! :blob_whistle_two:

Never-mind neither of them are what I'm looking for, my disappointment is immeasurable.

Your books seem very interesting though, just.. not for me :(

trashwrite

he who fights with monsterse

D.Dimitrov

[Trash Talker]

AkalE

There's "schwarz is my destiny".
Wait let me summon @Assurbanipal_II. Let her advertise it. (Don't forget to tell him the cover is clickbait)

Apart from that try
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/10700/tree-of-aeons-an-isekai-story/
and

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

Goswick

Drunken Australian
I like to think my Adventum contest entry is relatively normal. It's about a middle-aged woman who reincarnates people for a living, trying to create good lives for her clients while avoiding the wrath of her boss.

It's also 25k words, so there's a lot of content currently uploaded.

I'd also second the recommendations here for both Azarinth Healer and Hands Held in the Snow. They're both really good works of fiction, and if you have the chance to read them, I'm sure they'll be worth your time.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

Not having a gender and being homosexual are too completely different things, I lost your point.

Not to mention those stories have nothing abnormal to them.

blazjindanblue

Not having a gender and being homosexual are too completely different things, I lost your point.

Not to mention those stories have nothing abnormal to them.
I believe they desire a novel that will have a main character do what they desire and be more relatable? If so try reading some isekai translated japanese novels (on novel updated you may find them). I would recommend----> https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rokujouma-no-shinryakusha/