Any Personal Quirks/Kinks Made It to Your Writing?

Jemini

Does historically accurate combat count?

(I should probably add a piece of information for people to make a proper judgement call on this one, I just joined a HEMA club and before that I studied Kenjutsu.)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I always, by accident, make my MCs socially retarded. As in, they aren't suave or smooth-talking, but those that stutter and go "uh, uh, uh, uh, uh" every two sentences.

If I'm not deliberately making an MC that's a Cool Jim, they'd always end up being a bumbling fool that can't order a chicken sandwich without tripping over a minefield's worth of words. Hell, so far I've made 5 (five) MCs, and three of them are MUTE. One of the remaining two would sooner find the edge of the expansive universe than to perform a successful public speech, and he's an academic failure.

I've only made one socially competent MC, but that's by the virtue that he's a harem MC; not saying socially awkward guys can't score, but it helps a fuck lot if they aren't.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Wait is everyone talking about their fetishes? Umm, does gore count? Cause in the words of one of my characters.

"What's wrong with torture? It's an art. Much like how humans desire each other's flesh, and seek pleasure in copulation. I seek pleasure in blood and gore, when life gushes out of their wounds and their organs burst forth from their body, I find it mesmerizing. There is such... beauty in death, it relieves me of my stress.
Just to be clear, my basement is clean.
Food for thought, but perhaps you already thought of this.
Pleasure and pain are very similar in expression. Twitches, screaming, tears/sweat, loss of bladder control ...

It should be noted however that the former is far harder to infilct without the use of drugs than the latter.

ForestDweller

Some hot-blooded guys like Brave series' Maito and Gai are really cool and smart (wait, both of them are super robot pilots...)

Eh, I disliked them too. To me, they're the same as the other hot-blooded MCs. Not my taste.

You really can't. Probably go into the head of a character for the scene and make a slight commentary of it.

Yeah, that means that character has to see it. Just like I said.

EternalSunset0

Does historically accurate combat count?

(I should probably add a piece of information for people to make a proper judgement call on this one, I just joined a HEMA club and before that I studied Kenjutsu.)
Sure, especially if you take your sweet time describing or being articulate about it in your works. Or at least have it happen so frequently readers pick up on it.

I always, by accident, make my MCs socially retarded. As in, they aren't suave or smooth-talking, but those that stutter and go "uh, uh, uh, uh, uh" every two sentences.

If I'm not deliberately making an MC that's a Cool Jim, they'd always end up being a bumbling fool that can't order a chicken sandwich without tripping over a minefield's worth of words. Hell, so far I've made 5 (five) MCs, and three of them are MUTE. One of the remaining two would sooner find the edge of the expansive universe than to perform a successful public speech, and he's an academic failure.

I've only made one socially competent MC, but that's by the virtue that he's a harem MC; not saying socially awkward guys can't score, but it helps a fuck lot if they aren't.
Interesting. Didn't expect you to be the one who writes those kinds of characters.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Aside from my propensity to write GL (averagely at best), there probably are.

Considering all of the various stories i've started, every protag tends to be a thicc, busty conventionally feminine girl who, at the same time, are complete and utter athletic tomboys. Girls who have no trouble shopping and styling themselves in very feminine fashions and then going to the gym and beating the total crap out of opponents in the ring.

SailusGebel

Personal quirks are probably the same as some people state above. The most unusual is probably that it's hard for me to write a good family\parents. I always try to depreciate the value of family when I write, and I do it intentionally.

As for personal kinks? :blob_hmm_two: I'm going to quote this one song to answer this question.

"I'm an assman, Yeaahh, I'm an assman
Yes, I'm an assman, Ohh oh oh
Cause I'm an assman
Yeahhhh, I'm an ass man
Yes, I'm an assman, Yeahhh
I'm a ass man, Ohh Oh Oh
I'm an ass man
Yes, I'm an assman
Cause I'm an assman
Yeahhhh, I'm an ass man"

EternalSunset0

Personal quirks are probably the same as some people state above. The most unusual is probably that it's hard for me to write a good family\parents. I always try to depreciate the value of family when I write, and I do it intentionally.

As for personal kinks? :blob_hmm_two: I'm going to quote this one song to answer this question.

"I'm an assman, Yeaahh, I'm an assman
Yes, I'm an assman, Ohh oh oh
Cause I'm an assman
Yeahhhh, I'm an ass man
Yes, I'm an assman, Yeahhh
I'm a ass man, Ohh Oh Oh
I'm an ass man
Yes, I'm an assman
Cause I'm an assman
Yeahhhh, I'm an ass man"
At least the "tits or ass" question is an easy answer for you.

HokuouTenrou

Eh, I disliked them too. To me, they're the same as the other hot-blooded MCs. Not my taste.
Hmm, is it the hot-bloodedness you dislike or is there anything else? (Or maybe it's just a matter of taste, like you said)
Personally, I kinda thought it's how you write them.
Like, Digimon's Masaru/Marcus IMO is a bad example because he's basically his season's embodiment of "unthinking hot-blooded good, smart and intellectualism bad",
while G-Gundam's Domon started as a jerk and socially dumb, but he do grow throughout the series, becoming a better (still hot blooded) man in the process.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
How have you noticed those appearing in your work? Any personal character traits you like/hate that you intentionally transpose into your characters or world, probably stuff that readers would notice eventually as they read more of your story/stories?
Yes. All my characters are handsome. It's because I too, am handsome. :blob_uwu:

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I thought the elf would have been the sub at first haha.

Yay another fan of proto-NGNL, as it's often been joked about.
Well you see, the Tomboy is the MC, and I write in First Person, soooooo. . . .

And, yeah I can see the comparison in a few different ways. Though I like comparing Izayoi to Touma Kamijou. Since Imagine Breaker and uhh, whatever Izayoi's gift is called are similar.

EternalSunset0

Yes. All my characters are handsome. It's because I too, am handsome. :blob_uwu:
:blob_hmm:
Well you see, the Tomboy is the MC, and I write in First Person, soooooo. . . .

And, yeah I can see the comparison in a few different ways. Though I like comparing Izayoi to Touma Kamijou. Since Imagine Breaker and uhh, whatever Izayoi's gift is called are similar.
Yep he does have an Imagine Breaker punch. Crossover fanfiction between the two wouldn't look too out of place.

RayneStorm

My hatred for eating fish and the sport cricket. Even in fantasy I will find some way to work in the fact that cricket is a stupid and boring sport