Any space fans here?

D

Deleted member 29316

I am. My next story would be set in space. (Also inspired by Stellaris)

Cossimeri

Purveyor of Yuri Adventures
... I want to be the troll that makes a joke about being fond of the space bar. But then I would feel bad because you’re being like legit thrilled about something.

I’m curiously interested in space stuff. I actually cut my teeth on writing SciFi back in high school (all of it is too terrible to ever post). Though I think I’m more interested in what we do with colonizing other celestial bodies. Like... the ships aren’t as interesting to me as the possible future moon/mars bases are.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
... I want to be the troll that makes a joke about being fond of the space bar. But then I would feel bad because you’re being like legit thrilled about something.

I’m curiously interested in space stuff. I actually cut my teeth on writing SciFi back in high school (all of it is too terrible to ever post). Though I think I’m more interested in what we do with colonizing other celestial bodies. Like... the ships aren’t as interesting to me as the possible future moon/mars bases are.
Oh, just you wait, we're getting there. Starship is going to be the thing that makes all that possible.

MarkofWisdom

I mean, space bars are pretty interesting. Do they have to make sure to have artificial gravity or would the booze they serve just float in zero g? Special drink packets or something?

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Fancy spaceships with rings interests me, although i'm kinda worried.
It looks like to me the world is entering another coloniztion period but without natives. And no, it's not good. It means there is no natives that will defend the natural resources.

I'm assuming that in the future, people would rush to claim territories to planets and stuff.

I really like to hang out in a space bar with beautiful androids but I would just stay in this planet and support the development of simulations. I would like to see SAO games like in the future than being in an empty void with floating metal structures(unless we got sexy alien neighbors)

Last edited:

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
if I remember correctly, a rover landed on Mars recently and tweeted about it? I briefly remember it, but it could have been a hazy dream. Lol
One time when I was in CA, I was able to see a piece of the Space shuttle that landed there. There were tons of pictures and videos showing how they transported the shuttle from one location to another in the state. It was really cool.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
if I remember correctly, a rover landed on Mars recently and tweeted about it? I briefly remember it, but it could have been a hazy dream. Lol
One time when I was in CA, I was able to see a piece of the Space shuttle that landed there. There were tons of pictures and videos showing how they transported the shuttle from one location to another in the state. It was really cool.
It was the Perserverence Rover Landing

Spica66

no, I am string theory fan.
I'm also a fan of backspace.

Last edited:

WasatchWind

Fancy spaceships with rings interests me, although i'm kinda worried.
It looks like to me the world is entering another coloniztion period but without natives. And no, it's not good. It means there is no natives that will defend the natural resources.

I'm assuming that in the future, people would rush to claim territories to planets and stuff.

I really like to hang out in a space bar with beautiful androids but I would just stay in this planet and support the development of simulations. I would like to see SAO games like in the future than being in an empty void with floating metal structures(unless we got sexy alien neighbors)
I don't really get the concept of space environmentalism. Who cares if we mines tons of asteroids. It's not alive. The only life outside of earth in our solar system is probably microbes. I also refute the basis of this, because it implies that people like the American Indians were better stewards of the natural resources, which was not always the case.

WasatchWind

Yeah, that was Perseverance. It's really cool because it's the first video ever taken on another planet. Also, it has a little helicopter drone called Ingenuity that should be flying in April.

WasatchWind

I mean, space bars are pretty interesting. Do they have to make sure to have artificial gravity or would the booze they serve just float in zero g? Special drink packets or something?
Pouches with the alcohol is entirely feasible. On the joint Soyuz-Apollo mission in 1975 (that many see as the end of the space race) the Soviet Cosmonauts shared tubes of Vodka with the American Astronauts.

But artificial gravity is also an option, like using the Gateway Foundation's proposed Voyager station, that would generate the equivalent of Lunar gravity.

Mixing cocktails may prove difficult in the lower gravity environment however.

Spica66

I don't really get the concept of space environmentalism. Who cares if we mines tons of asteroids. It's not alive. The only life outside of earth in our solar system is probably microbes. I also refute the basis of this, because it implies that people like the American Indians were better stewards of the natural resources, which was not always the case.
I don't too. At least until we colonize entirely milky way which isn't going to happen soon~

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Just watched the incredible test flight of SpaceX's starship, and it's successful landing. Was wondering if anyone here is also into space stuff!

you mean the successful landing right before it blew itself to pieces?. You know, 1 successful landing out of 3 yet 3 out of 3 successful explosions doesnt sound particularly successful at this point.... unless the plan is awesome explosions, in which case it's very successful