Anyone else looking forward to Elden Ring?

Are you looking forward to Elden Ring?

• Total voters

Lloyd

Professional Writer
It looks pretty good, but I suck at these kind of games. 😅

SailusGebel

After eagerly waiting for Nioh2 and seeing how much of a disappointment that game was, no, I'm not looking forward.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
After eagerly waiting for Nioh2 and seeing how much of a disappointment that game was, no, I'm not looking forward.
Did you see any of the network test? Its open world and looks pretty cool.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
i would be if i owned anything that could run it

SailusGebel

Did you see any of the network test? Its open world and looks pretty cool.
I will play the game, and I will try to finish it if it's not boring. That's why I didn't watch much, to not spoil myself. From what I've seen, it's dark souls 3.2. Same animations, same designs, and I grew tired of souls games.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
As a souls fan (not a hardcore fan but played and finished every game except the demons souls and bloodborne) I liked what I saw on the beta gameplay, and I must say the new fast but not sekiro type of gameplay looks fun, I want to try it when it comes out.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
:blob_no:I don't do rage games. Bad for my health. But I am looking forward to seeing someone play it and rage in my place. It looks so nice.:blob_aww:

But I am sticking to waiting BD to come out in 6 days :3.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
:blob_no:I don't do rage games. Bad for my health. But I am looking forward to seeing someone play it and rage in my place. It looks so nice.:blob_aww:

But I am sticking to waiting BD to come out in 6 days :3.
bd?

Bloodysin28

Elden ring made paladin builds(min maxing strength and faith)the new meta especially due to the fact that carry capacity scales to strenght now instead of end, also u can spam magic(both types) while moving on the horse which is borderline OP

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Elden ring made paladin builds(min maxing strength and faith)the new meta especially due to the fact that carry capacity scales to strenght now instead of end, also u can spam magic(both types) while moving on the horse which is borderline OP
Sounds fun i heard faith magic is op and int got the shaft
oh yeah.
kinda on the fence about them myself. one one hand pearl was my first pokemon game, but on the other hand i swore off ever buying a pokemon game ever agian after sword and shield
I dont think its worth $60 based on the leaks

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Never could get into the Souls games. Absolutely LOVE the lore from a writers/fiction/fantasy standpoint. I've spent hours watching youtube vids and reading the wiki's for the lore. I'd have to say Bloodborne was the best lore-wise. But as for actual gameplay? Can't do it. I don't have the patience to constantly die over and over. It isn't that I can't do it, since I did beat Bloodborne and was halfway done with Dark Souls 1, its just I don't find any joy in playing overly challenging games. I find no joy in defeating something just because it was difficult. I gain no satisfaction from it, ultimately defeating the purpose of it. It's just not my thing.

Also, the "git gud" crowd in these games are so numerous and obnoxious, (I despise you all, whoever you are) and hope your consoles explode in your faces the moment you even type those two words. These arrogant little shits usually end up taking over the help groups on facebook, being the large minority they are...so they kill the interest for me in that way too.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
It looks pretty good, but I suck at these kind of games. 😅
Dude i watched Fightin'Cowboy's live streams of the Network Test and it looks great. He;s right, its everything we've wanted in a SoulsBorne game, polished till it glistens. FromSoft knows exactly what made their games great, and they stuck with it here. Just gave us a way bigger playground.

Fuck i can already tell PvP is gonna be sick as hell. Being able to just pop a Phantom Finger and just randomly appear somewhere else on the map to escape being ganked or killed? Bruh, people are gonna get SO CHEEKY with that and i love it cuz imma abuse it too lol.

Some things seem to need to be balanced, but that's a given. They usually balance spells and weapons either before launch or at launch. They've done it before, and plus all the patches DS3 had.

Suffice it to say, i think this is gonna be the best game they've made to date. Like, no contest. LIke i said, FromSoft has their formula down pat. Unlike with Cyberpunk that bit off way more than they can chew, Elden Ring just seems an amalgamation of all that made DS, BB and Sekiro good games, just even further improved.
i would be if i owned anything that could run it
its literally made so even ps4 and xbox ones can run it. I mean if you don't have even those, then i understand
Sounds fun i heard faith magic is op and int got the shaft

I dont think its worth $60 based on the leaks
isnt Int the same as Faith in Elden Ring? Pretty sure there isn't a separate stat for faith magic anymore, just Int. Pyromancies don't exist as a separate entity anymore. There are just sorceries and miracles, tho pyromantic spells do exist under sorceries. They've centralized the magic, basically.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Never could get into the Souls games. Absolutely LOVE the lore from a writers/fiction/fantasy standpoint. I've spent hours watching youtube vids and reading the wiki's for the lore. I'd have to say Bloodborne was the best lore-wise. But as for actual gameplay? Can't do it. I don't have the patience to constantly die over and over. It isn't that I can't do it, since I did beat Bloodborne and was halfway done with Dark Souls 1, its just I don't find any joy in playing overly challenging games. I find no joy in defeating something just because it was difficult. I gain no satisfaction from it, ultimately defeating the purpose of it. It's just not my thing.

Also, the "git gud" crowd in these games are so numerous and obnoxious, (I despise you all, whoever you are) and hope your consoles explode in your faces the moment you even type those two words. These arrogant little shits usually end up taking over the help groups on facebook, being the large minority they are...so they kill the interest for me in that way too.
I'm shit at the games but I love the "git gud" crowd. Very funny and super fun if you don't take things too seriously.
Dude i watched Fightin'Cowboy's live streams of the Network Test and it looks great. He;s right, its everything we've wanted in a SoulsBorne game, polished till it glistens. FromSoft knows exactly what made their games great, and they stuck with it here. Just gave us a way bigger playground.

Fuck i can already tell PvP is gonna be sick as hell. Being able to just pop a Phantom Finger and just randomly appear somewhere else on the map to escape being ganked or killed? Bruh, people are gonna get SO CHEEKY with that and i love it cuz imma abuse it too lol.

Some things seem to need to be balanced, but that's a given. They usually balance spells and weapons either before launch or at launch. They've done it before, and plus all the patches DS3 had.

Suffice it to say, i think this is gonna be the best game they've made to date. Like, no contest. LIke i said, FromSoft has their formula down pat. Unlike with Cyberpunk that bit off way more than they can chew, Elden Ring just seems an amalgamation of all that made DS, BB and Sekiro good games, just even further improved.

its literally made so even ps4 and xbox ones can run it. I mean if you don't have even those, then i understand

isnt Int the same as Faith in Elden Ring? Pretty sure there isn't a separate stat for faith magic anymore, just Int. Pyromancies don't exist as a separate entity anymore. There are just sorceries and miracles, tho pyromantic spells do exist under sorceries. They've centralized the magic, basically.
Finger is busted. I hope they patch it to have a longer cast or something. 10 instant get out of jail free cards is just way too strong.

casual filtered.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Depends on whether it has the desert sorceress armor, or something close in spirit.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I'm shit at the games but I love the "git gud" crowd. Very funny and super fun if you don't take things too seriously.

Finger is busted. I hope they patch it to have a longer cast or something. 10 instant get out of jail free cards is just way too strong.
No, they need the cast times to avoid people ganking you, but yes 10 is too much

paradigmfriday

What? Looking forward to another masochistic FROM SOFTWARE experience I'll play through a third of, because I'm addicted to the atmosphere and rich worlds, before throwing in the towel? Who'd be that stu-... Of course, I am... *Sadly, prepares to empty wallet* T_T
(Seriously though, dark souls but bigger sounds great to me, and I'm kinda looking forward to playing around with all the summons)