Anyone using Grammarly for Windows (the new one)?

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
So I'm having some trouble with Grammarly and was wondering if one of you knows more and can help me.

I just found out that the original Grammarly Editor app (for desktop) is being discontinued (no new updates anymore). They now have a new app. Since I had some trouble with the old one (like the constant need to re-login, then switching me over to the mac-version even though it says I have the windows version), I figured I might as well make the switch. After installing it though, I only get a small window where I can't input any text. There is a link/button "open new document" but clicking on that, Grammarly opens the browser (and even the wrong one) instead of a document in the app. So basically, it's switching me to the online Grammarly Editor.
Now, that one looks the same as the old desktop app but if I wanted to use Grammarly online, why the fuck would I download the app? I could just open the website directly. What I want is an app where I can copy stuff in to check my writing while having the actual writing software and the browser open for other stuff. Is the new Grammarly for Windows just not able to do that or am I overlooking something?

Also, in case somebody else is using Scrivener as a writing software: Are you able to integrate Grammarly in there? Their website says yes but I couldn't find out how and it doesn't work for me. Doing that would at least be one step up from having to do it in the browser, even though it's definitely not my preferred method ...

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I don't know how to answer cuz I have always used the Grammarly extension to the browser instead. When I post to SH, I directly edit mine there. I don't do the app.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
So I'm having some trouble with Grammarly and was wondering if one of you knows more and can help me.

I just found out that the original Grammarly Editor app (for desktop) is being discontinued (no new updates anymore). They now have a new app. Since I had some trouble with the old one (like the constant need to re-login, then switching me over to the mac-version even though it says I have the windows version), I figured I might as well make the switch. After installing it though, I only get a small window where I can't input any text. There is a link/button "open new document" but clicking on that, Grammarly opens the browser (and even the wrong one) instead of a document in the app. So basically, it's switching me to the online Grammarly Editor.
Now, that one looks the same as the old desktop app but if I wanted to use Grammarly online, why the fuck would I download the app? I could just open the website directly. What I want is an app where I can copy stuff in to check my writing while having the actual writing software and the browser open for other stuff. Is the new Grammarly for Windows just not able to do that or am I overlooking something?

Also, in case somebody else is using Scrivener as a writing software: Are you able to integrate Grammarly in there? Their website says yes but I couldn't find out how and it doesn't work for me. Doing that would at least be one step up from having to do it in the browser, even though it's definitely not my preferred method ...
New Grammarly now checks pretty much every text you type on every app now. You can customise what you want it to check though.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

You can try LanguageTool. Completely offline open source, you can paste stuff in but you can also integrate directly in the writing software like LibreOffice and Word. I suggest adding ngrams and word2vec for better checking.

yansusustories

New Grammarly now checks pretty much every text you type on every app now. You can customise what you want it to check though.
Yes, but ... how? I can't get it started with Scrivener at all. I don't see any options for turning it on either, only for blocking it on certain apps.

You can try LanguageTool. Completely offline open source, you can paste stuff in but you can also integrate directly in the writing software like LibreOffice and Word. I suggest adding ngrams and word2vec for better checking.
Thanks, I'll check that one out!

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Yes, but ... how? I can't get it started with Scrivener at all. I don't see any options for turning it on either, only for blocking it on certain apps.
It automatically does it for me. There will be a little Grammarly icon popping up and a few red lines highlighting the mistakes.

yansusustories

It automatically does it for me. There will be a little Grammarly icon popping up and a few red lines highlighting the mistakes.
I saw online that that's how it's supposed to work. I can't get it done though. I guess I'll really have to check out the others or switch to the online version. Or maybe re-installing again will help ... I guess I'll try. Anyway, thanks for the help!

I saw online that that's how it's supposed to work. I can't get it done though. I guess I'll really have to check out the others or switch to the online version. Or maybe re-installing again will help ... I guess I'll try. Anyway, thanks for the help!
reinstalling scrivener might help