Anyone wanna talk about Pokemon?

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

I've been playing Pokemon as my 'chill-out' game for a few months now. I really like the MMORPG elements the game introduced, and I love the emphasis on online battles. It kinda ensures that I keep coming back again and again, making my team better and better.

Anyone else have a similar experience or just want to chat about Pokemon? If so, here is my current team right now. Maybe you have some thoughts on it. Right now, it's very offensive focused. I've found that defensive Pokemon are annoying to play against, but that since the meta is highly geared towards set-up sweepers, it's very possible that using a defensive playstyle will just give your opponent a chance to set-up (I used to do that a lot with Polteageist. Pretty much every defensive Pokemon can't withstand a Stored Power after Shell Smash).

Also, I'd be totally down for exchanging codes or trading, if you want to PM me.

Noivern
Chandelure
Zoroark
Coalossal
Primarina
Lycanroc

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I've been playing Pokemon as my 'chill-out' game for a few months now. I really like the MMORPG elements the game introduced, and I love the emphasis on online battles. It kinda ensures that I keep coming back again and again, making my team better and better.

Anyone else have a similar experience or just want to chat about Pokemon? If so, here is my current team right now. Maybe you have some thoughts on it. Right now, it's very offensive focused. I've found that defensive Pokemon are annoying to play against, but that since the meta is highly geared towards set-up sweepers, it's very possible that using a defensive playstyle will just give your opponent a chance to set-up (I used to do that a lot with Polteageist. Pretty much every defensive Pokemon can't withstand a Stored Power after Shell Smash).

Also, I'd be totally down for exchanging codes or trading, if you want to PM me.

Noivern
Chandelure
Zoroark
Coalossal
Primarina
Lycanroc
If you're meaning Sword and Shield, unfortunately I don't have either the game nor a Switch.
I've been watching a YT channel of a guy who streams his matches, though.
He even managed to get to rank 1 several times.

X

yunano34a1

I miss the times where I went to the caves without flash and get lost in older pokemon games

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
That was always a good time. I loved fighting a Zubat every two steps.
Yeah...I always buy that spray and stuff it in the bag, good ol times. The most annoying thing is the Music when a pokemon appeared, I'm having some nightmare with it.GBA Pokemon soundtrack is foked up.

TRNRLogan

I've actually been organizing my pokemon cards for the past day and a half. Gonna separate them by the generation the pokemon is from.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

I've actually been organizing my pokemon cards for the past day and a half. Gonna separate them by the generation the pokemon is from.

The city where I live actually has a really big competitive Pokemon TCG scene. I kinda want to be a part of it, but I've never played with the cards.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
I dropped out of the Pokemon thing after Pokemon Emerald because the games afterwards just sucked to me. Emerald as far as I'm concerned is still the best Pokemon game ever.

yunano34a1

Yeah...I always buy that spray and stuff it in the bag, good ol times. The most annoying thing is the Music when a pokemon appeared, I'm having some nightmare with it.GBA Pokemon soundtrack is foked up.

Que lavender town theme*

Tfw rom hack pokemon games are sometimes better than the recent pokemon games lol

MagicalDucky

I dropped out of the Pokemon thing after Pokemon Emerald because the games afterwards just sucked to me. Emerald as far as I'm concerned is still the best Pokemon game ever.
I mean I'm not personally the biggest fan of the ones after 6th gen, but I loved the hell out of Heartgold/Soulsilver. IMO two of the best, if not the best, pokemon games ever made. Although I will admit Emerald was amazing too, I'm just biased af towards johto because I'm the pokemon equivalent of a boomer and my first game was Crystal.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

I mean I'm not personally the biggest fan of the ones after 6th gen, but I loved the hell out of Heartgold/Soulsilver. IMO two of the best, if not the best, pokemon games ever made. Although I will admit Emerald was amazing too, I'm just biased af towards johto because I'm the pokemon equivalent of a boomer and my first game was Crystal.

Have you played the Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Not a fan, so from my perspective, it's what COD looks like to outsiders. Unless you know exactly what you're into top to bottom, you won't be able to appreciate it.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

Nope. My 3ds is sitting somewhere in my house collecting dust as I haven't touched the thing since Smash 4 released. :sweat_smile:

Far as I can tell, remember how Heartgold/Soulsilver was basically a mashup of Crystal with Gold/Silver. The remakes were a mashup of Emerald with Ruby/Sapphire.

I think they did something similar with the Let's Go games. Basically, making them similar to Yellow. Also, those games were actually a bit more difficult than the usual Pokemon games, aside from the fact that your partner Pokemon could get very overpowered, and mega evolution was in the game.

MagicalDucky

Far as I can tell, remember how Heartgold/Soulsilver was basically a mashup of Crystal with Gold/Silver. The remakes were a mashup of Emerald with Ruby/Sapphire.

I think they did something similar with the Let's Go games. Basically, making them similar to Yellow. Also, those games were actually a bit more difficult than the usual Pokemon games, aside from the fact that your partner Pokemon could get very overpowered, and mega evolution was in the game.
Cool. Also, I've seen some gameplay of the Let's Go games, and I'm not the biggest fan of the pokemon go style wild battles, but the rest of it looked pretty good for kanto remake #753. :blob_happy:

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
emerald was 3rd gen.