anyone who writes poetry here?

swaggerism

Okay, so funny story: I'm a poet but I made an account because I'm trigger-happy, or to be more specific, button-happy. And then I start posting my three books which are completed poetry collections and then realise -- hey, there is no Poetry genre on SH!
So I just posted my books under Slice-Of-Life, lol.

Anyone else who's a poet here? I really wanna know. Seems like I just gotta maintain this proxy of Slice-Of-Life genre while tagging my work as poetry.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
I used to write when I had crippling depression back in 2017 xD

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I have a small collection of lewd poems I post elsewhere.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
Bahaha, I have crippling depression so well, here I am xD

*still stares into void* this is just my hobby
My poems are byronian so if you're interested i sign them off as Selmiro Perez for no good reason

The clock is ticking,
thoughts Itching;
the Past points the muzzle;
the Future's left nescient;

Dreams become nightmares;
light becomes darkness;
the sorrowful revulsion;
turns feelings withal;

As ignorance becomes a bliss;
life smiles to me;
as cloudly as delusive;
solely for it's purpose;
of mischievously leading;

Thus far grievously unveiling;
the sinful meaningless meaning;
of the unbefitting obloquy;
life, regarded as joyful martyrdom
Selmiro Perez

redron1028

i wrote a poem back then, a school requirement. It is about a man died because of preventing the thief from getting his wedding ring. The MC didn't know he is already not until he made it to his home and saw his corpse being delivered to his wife. haha! It was titled it A Night At Abereath

swaggerism

I have a small collection of lewd poems I post elsewhere.
oh, I don't read lewd poems but hey! that's great that you write poetry! :s_smile:

The clock is ticking,
thoughts Itching;
the Past points the muzzle;
the Future's left nescient;

Dreams become nightmares;
light becomes darkness;
the sorrowful revulsion;
turns feelings withal;

As ignorance becomes a bliss;
life smiles to me;
as cloudly as delusive;
solely for it's purpose;
of mischievously leading;

Thus far grievously unveiling;
the sinful meaningless meaning;
of the unbefitting obloquy;
life, regarded as joyful martyrdom
Selmiro Perez
BEAUTIFUL. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. 👏

The MC didn't know he is already not until he made it to his home and saw his corpse being delivered to his wife. haha! It was titled it A Night At Abereath
WOAHHH. This is such a cool idea! That's absolutely mind-blowing.

//

I'm right now posting three poetry collections

Of Love And Lies: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/194655/of-love-and-lies/

How To Smile At A Human: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/194650/how-to-smile-at-a-human/

a honey-stung hived heart: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/194573/a-honeystung-hived-heart/

and a completed prose short-story

An Author Dies In Ten Ways: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/197559/an-author-dies-in-ten-ways--/

iamaducklingwriter

I write poems when I get the inspiration. You will get that 'feeling' and you want to put it into words. There are good poems here in SH though. (I also write poems when juniors pay me to heuheu *smells money*)

Typing...

I'm not a poet. But I studied it's rhythm. To explore the beat the flow the feel. A change of movement. One to the next. All for the sake of flavor. To feel the music when none is heard. Moving and rising in tandem. A rising wave, gentle currents and toiling rapids. It is heard. It is felt. It is the score underwritten. A composition for the heart.

Kldran

Okay, so funny story: I'm a poet but I made an account because I'm trigger-happy, or to be more specific, button-happy. And then I start posting my three books which are completed poetry collections and then realise -- hey, there is no Poetry genre on SH!
So I just posted my books under Slice-Of-Life, lol.

Anyone else who's a poet here? I really wanna know. Seems like I just gotta maintain this proxy of Slice-Of-Life genre while tagging my work as poetry.
I feel like your name and portrait fit this post perfectly. Whether or not Scribblehub was a place of poetry, it is now, 'cause you're here to make it one. :blob_okay:

I haven't written much poetry in years. There was a time when I wrote more, but it was less writing poetry, and more just the only form of self-expression I was capable of at the time, due to a very poor understanding of myself. Now I just write silly fiction as I explore random ideas I get.

swaggerism

*Soft stare,* Poet here as well, been doing poetry here weekly, nice to see more poets on the site.
*soft stare back* we all lurk with the tag, hey. (also I whispered your comment after the soft stare, it just sounds like that to me xD)

I'm definitely checking out your works!

swaggerism

I feel like your name and portrait fit this post perfectly. Whether or not Scribblehub was a place of poetry, it is now, 'cause you're here to make it one. :blob_okay:
ahahaha, swaggerism is just a weird edgy username i got and the pfp is of dear Alex Turner of Artic Monkeys (he's my eternal crush)

I haven't written much poetry in years. There was a time when I wrote more, but it was less writing poetry, and more just the only form of self-expression I was capable of at the time, due to a very poor understanding of myself. Now I just write silly fiction as I explore random ideas I get.
Ah, I see. I swim in free verse/prose because it's so much easier to express without a form. But also, I abuse that form to death oh no

Queenfisher

Bird?
I will check all of your works out because I like poetry! :blob_aww: Here's one of the books that I like to read on SH because it updates often and is very cute (and has a LOT of poems) --

Overall, poetry one of the most inspiring things to read because it promotes my thinking and writing (albeit prose, mainly). I write poetry at times, but I don't publish it. Too shy :blob_sweat:.

Also, being Russian, I am entirely raised on rhymed poetry (and that's what I prefer to write as well), and I know English poetry doesn't like to rhyme too much nowadays, so... :blob_teary:

Respect for anyone in this thread! And support! ^_^

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
I write poetry, but I'm unsure if I should post them on Scribble Hub or not.

Queenfisher

Bird?
I write poetry, but I'm unsure if I should post them on Scribble Hub or not.

Mmm... depends on what you want it to achieve. Because poetry is a bit of a niche here, probably a lot of readers is a far-off goal. But those who like it will look for it and find it ^^.

Then again, silent and rare readers can feel a bit dejecting at first... People here do not comment a lot inside the actual stories, just so you know. :blob_frown: