Arclight Online; Artwork and Discussion

Wintertime

King of Nothing
Arclight Online; Artwork and Discussion

I got some artwork done for my web novel, Arclight Online! It's one of those VR-MMO types of webnovels. I want to ask you guys about one of your fun experiences playing an MMO in the past, or just a critique of my work in general. Anything that you like/dislike, grammar, story direction or just any thoughts you have can help me improve or rework my story. You can also recommend me similar web novels as well so I can get another take on the genre.

About the Story:

I had inspirations to create this story right after the long completion of an MMO I played. This was about a year ago, and the game was Maplestory 2. Some of you might've heard of the game, some of you haven't. Regardless, it was one of those games that brought me back to my time when I first played MMO's. Games like Silk Road and WoW, where I had a lot of fun getting high rankings but also enjoy creating a guild and making good friends.

The game itself (Maplestory 2) was filled with core progression issues, a high RNG factor, staggering market manipulation issues, and the lack of anti-cheat let Chinese bots roam the game in droves. That begs the question though; Why was it the best experience I've had in an MMO in a long while?

It was because of the people and the community.

So, I hope you enjoy my novel; It's partially inspired out of my adventures and experiences of my several years of playing MMO's.
Enjoy this artwork as well! Huge thanks to Daniel Passot for his amazing work!
Showcasing one of my characters in the novel; named White.

Sketches:

Rough Details:

Final Product will be reserved for the Story Cover.

Last edited:

Rainli

Wow ~ great stuff! (I really like the first sketch for some reason. The perspective is really nice.)

Speaking of mmo’s - I was a long time player of the first maplestory game like when it first came out in the NA region. The game environment was more difficult, but fun at the same time - however - as more ppl joined in the game progression got way easier and what took like weeks to get to lvl 30 - only took a few days or less. And ugh so much P2W cash items lol. But the point wasn’t the game itself but how enjoyable it was with other players. If you’re still playing mmos - I highly recommend a few others like LifeAfter on mobile and/or Guild Wars 2 - the playerbases/community is very nice.

Btw / what does RNG mean lolol? (It’s been awhile since I’ve played mmos haha).

Wintertime

King of Nothing
Wow ~ great stuff! (I really like the first sketch for some reason. The perspective is really nice.)

Speaking of mmo’s - I was a long time player of the first maplestory game like when it first came out in the NA region. The game environment was more difficult, but fun at the same time - however - as more ppl joined in the game progression got way easier and what took like weeks to get to lvl 30 - only took a few days or less. And ugh so much P2W cash items lol. But the point wasn’t the game itself but how enjoyable it was with other players. If you’re still playing mmos - I highly recommend a few others like LifeAfter on mobile and/or Guild Wars 2 - the playerbases/community is very nice.

Btw / what does RNG mean lolol? (It’s been awhile since I’ve played mmos haha).

RNG is Random Number Generator! It basically just meant for enchanting equips, the percentage of getting good stats is pretty low. Thanks for enjoying the art, hehe.

TheRise

Woah, amazing art! I'm an avid reader and there are I think a lot of things you do right. Just do you! I think you're good at storytelling. I did a review back when talking about some of the things you could improve on, but story telling wise everything is good.

cryum

MMOs, huh? I never got that far in any. I died tons of times in Ragnarok Online and ended up as a lvl 50 swordsman tourist running around everywhere to see the sights(and die). I still hold RO as having art on the higher end of the spectrum: they did a lot with relatively little. Tree of Savior got a bit overdetailed for me, and I could never like bigheaded sprites so Maplestory wasn't my cup of tea.

Furthest I ever got in an MMO was Guild Wars 2, almost to the end of the base story, and that was when I finally put my foot down and concluded that MMO combat rotations just didn't work with me.

....which begs the question of why I'm here. And to that I answer shrug I dunno lol

ArticHaze

Can anyone make me an artwork for my story from the kindness of their heart? :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Something related to it.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
White looks :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:
That pose and the light. :blob_melt:

Can anyone make me an artwork for my story from the kindness of their heart? :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Something related to it.
You should open another thread for that.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

Something related to it.
You should open another thread for that.
I heavily doubt someone will make free art, especially in a place like this. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but even if it does, it won't be as good as you'd expect. I'm not pointing fingers and demeaning others, but artists who are good usually know their worth and refrain from doing stuff like this.

Best to just suck it up, ask for your mom's credit card and look around DeviantArt.