Are deleted works cached in some way?

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
A publisher has expertise and connections. Even if an author knows how to get self published, it'll likely be more expensive and generally difficult.
It can actually cost $0 to self publish. I haven’t spent a single cent self publishing. It’s in fact the easiest thing in the world to self publish these days. Can take you as little as ten minutes to publish a book if you really don’t give a shit. If you don’t set your expectations overly high and think you’re going to become famous overnight, it’s not that bad self publishing at all.
EDIT: I just realized this man sound contradictory to my earlier comments about publishing companies being good at advertising a book. I still say that may be true, I just never seen many ads personally about a novel but I'm sure there are ways they do get the story "out there".
Yeah, advertising in the old sense isn’t the modern day approach anymore. It’s evolved a lot more over the years and is more about the Amazon and Google search algorithms(SEO and whatnot). Also targeted ads through the recommendation spots in Amazon and Google. They can buy the top spot for selected keywords in search results and have them displayed to specific demographics who are more likely to result in a sale. That’s more of the new form of advertising. It’s become far more personalized than useless ads on TV or billboards that target just about any Tom, Dick, and Harry.

D

Deleted member 45782

Frankly I'm just pissed that this is how it works. I had no idea this was a thing when I started posting my book on these sites. It feels like arresting someone for speeding when they didn't know what the speed limit was.
Its the internet. The common sense is that if you post anything online, it'll stay there. There will always be tweets or cache or somewhere that still keeps part of something that the user wishes to completely remove. They don't care whether you know or didn't know, only that you did the act and speeded.

Though your thread gives good reminder not to post works on free writing sites if you want to traditionally publish it later.

Have you tried deleting your account? Would that work? Idk.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
If you search up the name of the main character, Irian + Wattpad, Scribble hub, or Royal Road, it brings up the synopsis of my story.

I don't know what to do because these stories are very much deleted. I wish I'd been smart enough to fill all the pages with different text...
That is coz of your posts on forum + google cache-ing it, atleast when it comes to shf. Try scrubbing your forum posts + maybe get google to remove or recrawl the search result

D

Deleted member 45782

The first link says Remove a page hosted on your site from Google.
This one says... If you've recently added or made changes to a page on your site

Not sure if that would count here, since technically, he does not own this site nor host it through google?

Unless maybe? https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061

Ddraig

The first link says Remove a page hosted on your site from Google.

This one says... If you've recently added or made changes to a page on your site

Not sure if that would count here, since technically, he does not own this site nor host it through google?

Unless maybe? https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061
I mean it probably would recrawl in a week or two on its own anyways :blob_hmm_two: still need to edit their forum posts. Every hit I got from "Irian + Scribblehub" are shf linksand not sh links.
I think there are options to remove stuff from google even if it isnt on your own site - just not sure if it is restricted to only personal details / photos / sexual stuff etc

D

Deleted member 45782

I mean it probably would recrawl in a week or two on its own anyways :blob_hmm_two: still need to edit their forum posts. Every hit I got from "keyword+ Scribblehub" are shf linksand not sh links.
I think there are options to remove stuff from google even if it isnt on your own site - just not sure if it is restricted to only personal details / photos / sexual stuff etc
Hmm that would be kinda hard too. Cause if he got quoted in anything he mentioned bout his story and his character's name, like a forum reply to what he said, then he'll have to ask that person to delete it. Their quote will basically quote anything he said, including his character and story if he did said it. And this is assuming if he can go back through all the threads and remember whenever and wherever he talked 'bout his story and character. If it was his own thread then he could remove the text and put it as Deleted and pm the site owner maybe.

Cause just deleting your account doesn't mean your past shf replies and threads gets deleted. Your username just simply shows as Deleted User or something.

Ddraig

Hmm that would be kinda hard too. Cause if he got quoted in anything he mentioned bout his story and his character's name, like a forum reply to what he said, then he'll have to ask that person to delete it. Their quote will basically quote anything he said, including his character and story if he did said it. And this is assuming if he can go back through all the threads and remember whenever and wherever he talked 'bout his story and character. If it was his own thread then he could remove the text and put it as Deleted and pm the site owner maybe.

Cause just deleting your account doesn't mean your past shf replies and threads gets deleted. Your username just simply shows as Deleted User or something.
Going through previous posts is easy through search feature as long as you are a bit patient. It will be easy to get every single occurrence - even ones where some other user recs or quotes your work/post.

Example searches,

Try some more combinations and you should be good - probably.

Usually on nuf mods clear the quotes too when there is something rulebreaking in them or you want to delete your dark history. That usually is just 1~2 posts. I am not sure if the mods will be equally enthusiastic clearing 50+ posts (there are probably only ~15 or so but eh) (they probably still will but >.>)

D

Deleted member 45782

Going through previous posts is easy through search feature as long as you are a bit patient. It will be easy to get every single occurrence - even ones where some other user recs or quotes your work/post.
I mean sure, you can delete every message you have made. But you can't delete what others have quoted you on thu. Unless you report the comment. Like for example, I delete some messages about a few story ideas I have. However someone already quoted me on that message which i mentioned bout my synopsis. Unless I tell them to delete each of those replies, its still gonna be around.

And as for deleted threads (as in you're the OP of that thread), i think you have to put [Deleted] in thread or pm a mod in order for it to be removed.
Example searches,

Try some more combinations and you should be good - probably.

Usually on nuf mods clear the quotes too when there is something rulebreaking in them or you want to delete your dark history. That usually is just 1~2 posts. I am not sure if the mods will be equally enthusiastic clearing 50+ posts (there are probably only ~15 or so but eh) (they probably still will but >.>)
Lol imagine someone with over 1k messages and more than a few dozen threads trying delete everything. :D

Ddraig

I mean sure, you can delete every message you have made. But you can't delete what others have quoted you on thu. Unless you report the comment. Like for example, I delete some messages about a few story ideas I have. However someone already quoted me on that message which i mentioned bout my synopsis. Unless I tell them to delete each of those replies, its still gonna be around.
The mods can edit post of anyone else => the mods can remove that text you want to scrub from people other than you

Lol imagine someone with over 1k messages and more than a few dozen threads trying delete everything. :D
Unless it is set to cascade in db (it isnt) The only realistic solution is to ask Tony to do an update query on the db/ admin site itself or have a bot edit your 1k posts.

Then again I dont see why anyone would want to scrub there entire existence out of the forum itself and not just ask for an account delete and move on >.>

D

Deleted member 45782

The mods can edit post of anyone else => the mods can remove that text you want to scrub from people other than you
Ah i see. Thanks. Cleared that up a bit.
Unless it is set to cascade in db (it isnt) The only realistic solution is to ask Tony to do an update query on the db/ admin site itself or have a bot edit your 1k posts.

Then again I dont see why anyone would want to scrub there entire existence out of the forum itself and not just ask for an account delete and move on >.>
Yeah it would be a ton to scrub.

Vicky

You should write only if it makes you happy. Readers do not matter. Just keep trying. Write for yourself, at the end, hat is the only thing that matters. ;)

Xeoz

First time hearing that publishers avoid SH and RR stuff. Where did you even get that information from?

Agentt

Thighs
First time hearing that publishers avoid SH and RR stuff. Where did you even get that information from?
They aren't publishers, they are scammers, and use webnovel's name to advertise themselves. You may get an email from them, many authors do, about how they are interested in publishing your book

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Why did I just get notificatio from here that someone like my comment