Are there any certain types of film that you think is no longer interesting?

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
well, it's horror for me. I've never been scared of any horror films since I was 6 and all horror films try to do is scare people with graphics and bgm which doesn't even scare me.
Idk about you but "the thing" the movie was was some nightmare fuel.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Hollywood movies.
Yes, I said it. They're now all about instant gratification and instant pay-off and influenced by current politics and mindsets. As if they think their audience is too stupid to understand anything more than 3 minutes of "plot". And they neither respect nor even understand everything that came before them, especially if the movies have scource material. Otherwise there's no way they'd screw up stories like Peter Pan where they turned Wendy into Wrambo by lauding her for the very same negative traits Peter got rid of during his character growth...

It's now all about "Me. Woman. Me. Stronk!" for female charakters and every character being as one-dimensional and as asshole-y as possible while being as snarky and as unrememberable as possible.

What once was timeless fine dining has turned into a quick fastfood romp that is both forgettable and bad for your stomach.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
the thing? seriously? that was like the dumbest, worst attempt to make a horror show -_-
H-How could you say that? 'The Thing', along with body horror flicks like Slithers, etc brought me so much terror as a kid. I legit had nightmares wondering if my siblings were actually a doppelganger.

But I agree with your sentiments on Horror. They've fallen off imo. Only very few stand out to me in recent memory. I miss smart characters in horror. The Thing did it pretty well.

Jmoonday

I think superhero movies are going the way of the isekai genre. Seems like we can't go a few months without a new superhero movie. Though some of them are still awesome! I am just personally getting tired of them.
Hollywood movies.
Yes, I said it. They're now all about instant gratification and instant pay-off and influenced by current politics and mindsets. As if they think their audience is too stupid to understand anything more than 3 minutes of "plot". And they neither respect nor even understand everything that came before them, especially if the movies have scource material. Otherwise there's no way they'd screw up stories like Peter Pan where they turned Wendy into Wrambo by lauding her for the very same negative traits Peter got rid of during his character growth...

It's now all about "Me. Woman. Me. Stronk!" for female charakters and every character being as one-dimensional and as asshole-y as possible while being as snarky and as unrememberable as possible.

What once was timeless fine dining has turned into a quick fastfood romp that is both forgettable and bad for your stomach.
I was going to come straight in and say something alone these lines, I am personally also tired of the Western cultural bankruptcy and how it has seeped into escapism and media. It has its place sometimes, but it's in every damn movie now from kids to adult films. People always ask my why I almost exclusively watch anime, and that is the answer I give them. You want ridiculously fun plotlines, unique adventures, and compelling characters? You're not getting that in a Hollywood production anymore that's for sure.

Desustar

Hollywood movies.

Even Marvel's heading that way. the only reason I still watch them anymore is cuz of Spiderman. and not just, movies. I mean, just look at She Hulk... even for the love of Spiderman I couldn't watch more than 2 episodes before dropping it and deciding it's bullshit.

D

Deleted member 113259

Sci-fi. The most interesting sci-fi is just space fantasy. Though there was exactly one good sci-fi movie. "2001: A Space Odyssey" That was over 50 years ago.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Disney. Anything Disney.
Noooo... why does it seem like everyone hates Disney or thinks the movies are just trash? It seems like just because it is a huge corporation, they automatically hate every single product it makes. There is Coco, Encanto, Moana, Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, etc. And those mentioned are only the relatively recent amazing ones.
Excuse me, a good fun heist is still rather exciting, :blob_sir: :blob_cookie:
Heist films are timeless!
For me, I think it's heist film.
Honestly, I don't think there is any genre or type of film that is no longer interesting, only the changing and narrowing of customer tastes.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Any movie without Will Farrel or bill murray