Are you in top 25% of inteligent people.Why do you think so.(experiences,otherCallingYouInteligent/dumb,habbits,intrests,success/failure in something)

are you in top 25% of inteligent people. also enter your age

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
Just curious and very bored about what makes people think they are intelligent or dumb. Like what people use to measure there intelligence.
If you think you are intelligent why do you think so.
if you think you are not intelligent why do you think so.
tell in replies.
Here intelligence refers to your ability to understand something and spot patterns and just knowledge about the world.

I am also kinda curious if success in what you consider "smart" things makes people think they are intelligent even though they are just good at one thing.
OR
if you are successful in a "smart" thing only when you are intelligent.
"smart" things are science ,philosophy ,writing and anything else people brag about on
r/IamVerySmart
Cause how are you able to tell the difference.
Maybe i am good at science cause i have been interested about it since childhood so i know stuff and so people saw that and have called me intelligent.
or
I was intrested in science at a young age cause i was intelligent enough to understand it.
If you think you are dumb then also Give reason why do you think so

Last edited:

ScholarOccultCauldron

I would like to think I am in the 1.975 billion people that constitute the smartest 25% of the population, considering that I was lucky enough to be born in a first world country with access to education, as well as completing a college level education that allows me to think critically of information that I am given and make my own educated opinions.

hauntedwritings

A dangerous topic you're bringing up there.

First we should define it correctly. Intelligence is normally defined as 'the ability to aquire and apply knowledge'. Having knowledge itself doesn't make you smart, it makes you knowledgable. Being able to spot patterns doesn't make you smart, it makes you curious and observant.

So what does it mean to be able to aquire knowledge? It means that if you don't know something, you know how to find that out. Google? Guess I'm smart! On a more serious note on the matter, perhaps it's better interpreted as 'devising a new way to aquire the information'. Which I suppose is what some scientists/researchers do. However...

Now how you apply knowledge. If you've already applied knowledge in a way before, then it's called increasing one's experience. And researchers have spent years gaining experience in their field. And they too have learnt how to apply their knowledge during that time. And you yourself, have likely rarely applied your knowledge in a way, that was something you thought of yourself (without having done it sometime before, with some similarity in a previous situation). So being able to apply knowledge in a completely new way in a situation, I suppose could be granted to be called intelligent. But lets face it - the majority of those cases, were the results of unintended mishaps anyway.

The truth of the matter is, we're all stupid.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
I would like to think I am in the 1.975 billion people that constitute the smartest 25% of the population, considering that I was lucky enough to be born in a first world country with access to education, as well as completing a college level education that allows me to think critically of information that I am given and make my own educated opinions.
yeah by that definition of intelligence. you are.
but I meant more of a. if someone lived same life as you then will he able to find answers to questions more easily or harder than you.
like genetic
A dangerous topic you're bringing up there.

First we should define it correctly. Intelligence is normally defined as 'the ability to aquire and apply knowledge'. Having knowledge itself doesn't make you smart, it makes you knowledgable. Being able to spot patterns doesn't make you smart, it makes you curious and observant.

So what does it mean to be able to aquire knowledge? It means that if you don't know something, you know how to find that out. Google? Guess I'm smart! On a more serious note on the matter, perhaps it's better interpreted as 'devising a new way to aquire the information'. Which I suppose is what some scientists/researchers do. However...

Now how you apply knowledge. If you've already applied knowledge in a way before, then it's called increasing one's experience. And researchers have spent years gaining experience in their field. And they too have learnt how to apply their knowledge during that time. And you yourself, have likely rarely applied your knowledge in a way, that was something you thought of yourself (without having done it sometime before, with some similarity in a previous situation). So being able to apply knowledge in a completely new way in a situation, I suppose could be granted to be called intelligent. But lets face it - the majority of those cases, were the results of unintended mishaps anyway.

The truth of the matter is, we're all stupid.
I did talk about that in the post.

I am referring to the ability to find answers to questions given everything else is the same.
if 100 people lived same life as you then will you be in the top 25 who are able to answer questions(any question not just academic ) the best.

DubstheDuke

Funny how about 70% of people said they're in the top 25%. I think this accurately represents our egos.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Did I do it right? For some reason it doesn't show that I voted...

Inkedsdfsdfasd_LI.jpg

Jemini

Easy. I have a 120 IQ, and that's literally in the top 17% of intelligence. Also, I knew that off the top of my head because I have taken a college level statistics class (and got a high A out of that class as well.) That's another thing that is going to have me at least past the 25% mark on intelligence.

Oh, yes, I also had a 3.5 GPA in college.

A lot of clinical markers there, but it works to answer this simple question in about the safest way available. If I gave any anecdotes, it could get messy.

EDIT: Oh, maybe we can use THAT as an anecdote. I am smart enough not to give anecdotes about my own intelligence on the internet.

D

Deleted member 53101

Before I start rambling, let me put this quote.
"And do not walk on this earth arrogantly, for in fact you will not be able to penetrate the earth and will not be able to soar as high as a mountain."
On how intelligent a person is cannot be determined with just the IQ test or scholarly achievement. You can't just say, 'Oh I know I'm smart. I bet I'm in this 25% of the entire world.' Doubt yourself, ask this question to yourself, are you really that intelligent? Or it's just your blind arrogance?

It's like how dumb people think they're so clever. Or how ignorant people think they're oh-so-knowledgeable. Or how men/women with a world-shaking vocal cord and voice that could destroy the world, confidently took part in an audition of some singing competition broadcasted on television.

I know I'm not the smartest, or the most intelligent. 25%? There's no way I'm a part of them. I'm stupid, I know that.

But I know that there's no need to be the smartest, as long as I have value to other people, can be of help to the world, or maybe just myself and the society. It is fine to be dumb.

You know, my dad back in the day was a university dropout ... but he did so not because he's too dumb or short on money to pay the college. But because he's too smart for his own good. He felt like he couldn't find the knowledge that he's looking for at university. He studies there for years but disappointed with the system and the professor of his university whom he regarded as not any smarter than he was. In the end, he dropped out of college just because he thought he's right. And now, he always reminds me to pursue knowledge no matter what kind of knowledge that is, as long as you know it'll do good for you, and don't be like him who gave up halfway because of a stubborn idealism.

Btw, I'm not sure if I'm in 25% ..., but I have my IQ test before the covid lockdown and I got 126. Though I know I'm so bad at social interaction, so it means nothing even if I'm so good with my brain if I can't convey it out loud.

tyler89558

I’m valedictorian of my high school. And I’ve managed to pass 5 AP exams, 3 of them with a score of 5. So if that’s your metric for top 25%, I’m probably there.

Do I feel like hot shit? Not really, quite the opposite in fact. I might be “smart” but I haven’t done anything with it, so my intelligence probably doesn’t mean anything regardless.

Noks

I know i'm pretty dumb, i tend to easily forget things i'm not interested in. Damn, i don't even know how i finished HS. It's like i just crammed everything and flushed it all afterwards, even then i barely passed. My knowledge is all over the place too, mostly from hobbies like games, history and novels.

Last edited:

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Well, I took a pseudo IQ test once and got 129. I'm not sure how accurate it was though. I consider myself to be an intelligent person, but it comes with certain drawbacks, like greatly reduced understanding of social skills, certain learning disabilities - we know I'm slightly on the autism spectrum, just not enough to be at Asperger's.

I find that I am able to remember and decipher certain things really well - but then have a hard time remembering the birthdays of family members.

Jemini

I lose 90% of brain processing power when catgirls show up.
I think if a real kemonomimi showed up, 60% of the population would be in the same boat as you. Incidentally, 20% would have their scientific curiosity peaked to such an extent that their brains would be going into overdrive (at the expense of their ability to pay attention to the world around them,) and the other 20% would be completely unconcerned because they're too stupid to care.

Kitsura

I'm a dumb bitch tbh. My brain is powered by Yuri and thirst.

*ignore my college degree that was a fluke

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My GPA was in the top 2% of my graduating high school class. Then, I graduated from university with honors.

Then, I thwarted the hospital's attempt to force me into a C-section by saying no to the epidural and keeping the Pitocin dose low. Seriously, the single most important class I took in university was my human development course, where we watched "The Business of Being Born."

sereminar

IQ tests can literally be studied for to improve results so like, they are a hilariously bad indicator of "intelligence" and I laugh my butt off anytime someone brings them up. But also, like, being good at tests/school doesn't make someone intelligent, it just means they are good at those specific skills (test taking, academic writing, etc.)

Idk I think "intelligence" is a pretty bs descriptor and is used more often to defend awful stuff than for anything beneficial.

D

Deleted member 49654

Depends. I think of myself as intelligent; based on the scores I had in HS and Uni, I should be in the top 25%. According to a few online tests, my IQ is quite high, but I doubt these are adequate enough. I haven't done an official Mensa IQ test before. So, if you consider the typical studious student as portrayed in anime intelligent, then I am. At least, I believe I can study, think logically and analyze.
However, I am quite lazy, and to a certain degree, I lack common sense. As I am not interested in a lot of things, if you expect more broad superficial knowledge, then I am not the person you are looking for.

ThomasBricks

I do not consider myself in the top 1/4th, but rather in the top 40%-ish, simply because of experience with handling situations, aka crisis-management or if you're in need of someone who can quickly understand any explanation given to them. I suppose it's more of an interest thing, because I'm perfectly able to understand the human body and other medical sciences, but I just tend to erase my knowledge of such things out of my mind after having used the needed understanding (except for first aid haha). According to field exams and practical intelligence, then I'm about the top 20%, but if you're talking about theoretical intelligence (deepening science aka Albert Einstein and Newton and such then I'm definitely in the bottom 40% lol. I'm more the person with an extremely broad knowledge of the world.

Oh and if you're talking about IQ, then I'm better than 70% of the population, but that wasn't the big test, but rather a small one of about 45 minutes... This says nothing of course, about half of my school at the time was above the national 60%.

cheers y'all.