Are you in top 25% of inteligent people.Why do you think so.(experiences,otherCallingYouInteligent/dumb,habbits,intrests,success/failure in something)

are you in top 25% of inteligent people. also enter your age

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAT...?!

LostLibrarian

I think if a real kemonomimi showed up, 60% of the population would be in the same boat as you.
I can't wait for the reaction when catgirls finally exist but they all look like this:

AdLeto

I'm dumb and lazy, my brother is way smarter than i

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I am the embodiment of all that is stupid. The avatar of stupidity. The last of the Stupid Benders. I am a man who freely bends and twists stupidity to levels unheard of in the history of mankind. Constantly pushing the envelop of what encompasses an idiot, far beyond the unseen boundaries of what was once thought of as the limits of stupidity.

Being intelligent is overrated, it’s not fun in the slightest. I’d take being the dumbest man in the world who couldn’t even change a light bulb than be a bored out of his mind intelligent person.

EternalSunset0

Academically, I've been considered intelligent as a kid. Graduated valedictorian and all from high school.

From a personal perspective though, not so much I think.

I think I have decent IQ. I was also decent to good at being verbose, going about explaining my points and reasons in logical detail, and applying formulas in math/physics, all which gave me good grades as a kid.

But I'm not good at the more spontaneous and creative sides of intelligence like a lot of the stuff used in writing. Definitely not good at coming up with solutions and solving college-level problems that you can't just apply a formula to and be done with.

I was mostly the loner who probably knows a lot of useless info about his favorite videi games/shows but can't talk about almost everything else and can't get along with people without those interests, so I reckon my EQ's also not so good if that's included in the assessment.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Just curious and very bored about what makes people think they are intelligent or dumb. Like what people use to measure there intelligence.
If you think you are intelligent why do you think so.
if you think you are not intelligent why do you think so.
tell in replies.
Here intelligence refers to your ability to understand something and spot patterns and just knowledge about the world.

I am also kinda curious if success in what you consider "smart" things makes people think they are intelligent even though they are just good at one thing.
OR
if you are successful in a "smart" thing only when you are intelligent.
"smart" things are science ,philosophy ,writing and anything else people brag about on
r/IamVerySmart
Cause how are you able to tell the difference.
Maybe i am good at science cause i have been interested about it since childhood so i know stuff and so people saw that and have called me intelligent.
or
I was intrested in science at a young age cause i was intelligent enough to understand it.
If you think you are dumb then also Give reason why do you think so
There are so many spheres of knowledge that it's basically impossible to be good at everything, or, rather, it's impossible not to be bad at something.
Even more so, expecting someone to be consistently good at something is not reasonable.
So, I guess being smart is something that comes down to having good critical thinking abilities and good memory most of the time, most of the time(yeah, I'm bad at wordplay)

D

Deleted member 45782

Me an idiot just bumping along through the things we call life. Nothing special to see here.

War_and_Poetry

Don't know. There are many forms of intelligence, and while I took an IQ test for the shits and giggles in college and scored a 165 out of 180, I wouldn't place my bets on that alone when arguing how intelligent I am. I scored the 3rd highest in my state though so I was kinda impressed with myself. Still, to be honest, I'd rather go with Socrates and say, "All I know, is that I know nothing." Seems to be the safer bet. Besides, there are numerous instances in life where "being brainy" doesn't particularly solve or help solve anything.

shrugs

Just refer to Socrates is all I can say.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
Don't know. There are many forms of intelligence, and while I took an IQ test for the shits and giggles in college and scored a 165 out of 180, I wouldn't place my bets on that alone when arguing how intelligent I am. I scored the 3rd highest in my state though so I was kinda impressed with myself. Still, to be honest, I'd rather go with Socrates and say, "All I know, is that I know nothing." Seems to be the safer bet. Besides, there are numerous instances in life where "being brainy" doesn't particularly solve or help solve anything.

shrugs

Just refer to Socrates is all I can say.
Quick question are you good at math. I don't mean if you remember all the proofs. I am asking if you are given a hard question can you easily solve it. As in mathematical intuition and knowing which formula to apply.

Cause i am kinda curious how much such intuition and intelligence are correlated.

War_and_Poetry

Quick question are you good at math. I don't mean if you remember all the proofs. I am asking if you are given a hard question can you easily solve it. As in mathematical intuition and knowing which formula to apply.

Cause i am kinda curious how much such intuition and intelligence are correlated.
I am average to slightly above average in math. I never did any mathematics in college beyond Geometry and Advanced Statistics. The hardest math I did however was what was called "Artistic Math", where you learned to do math in the way of ancient civilizations. For example, the Babylonians only had two numbers which they counted with during business transactions. 1 and 60. I forget the reason why, but it was some of the most awful math I've ever done. Torture almost. Mayan was nearly as bad....even reading their numbers was awful and a job by itself...

One thing people tend to forget about people with supposed high IQ's is that being artistic and creative are signs of high intellect. Some of the smartest people alive were painters or authors. No one considers them however because they were not in the scientific field where having a high IQ was relevant. Everyone gets caught up in mathematical skills being correlated with intelligence, when this is just not true. It can be an indicator yes, but only one of numerous others, and being good at math does not alone equate to great intelligence.

Even Einstein believed having a highly creative mind was the most important aspect in determining one's intelligence, not their mathematical or scientific capabilities

Last edited:

Myxir

In my opinin a smart person has the ability, to admit when they are wrong.
Which is why the west is getting worse both left and right.