Are you into fiction or a non fiction and why

EternalSunset0

You might want to edit the title.

I think most people here read and write fiction. That's a given. But I read nonfiction every now and then, stuff like autobiographies of my favorite athletes or celebrities, for example.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I think I am a work of non-fiction, I mean I do exist right? If I am a piece of fiction then damn the author did a shit job with his story, his MC is a lazy asshole who refuses to improve.
Wait, that wasn't the question?(Fix your wording, man)
Most of us here write fiction, but you know writing non-fiction is necessary in school/work, I personally like to read fiction, but the audiobooks/podcasts I listen to are usually non-fiction.

Reisinling

I rarely read non-fiction- not because I don't see its value, but because most of it fits into 2 categories:
a) Super dry textbooks
b) Things written by profesional book authors/journalists, who care more about making the book interesting and sellable, than "true", so I always have to read it with google in other hand going through claims one by one ( Guns, Germs, and Steel, to be clear, the main point does seem to be true, but many of authors arguments are just wrong). And even then, it often takes a few years for truth about the contents of the book to surface (Supposedly The Lucifer Effect)

Oh and don't get me started on all authors who write 600 pg book about issue, when at most 200 were needed, half of which has some unimportant stuff about authors life in it, trying to be more like fiction book... which would be nearly all of them? Only exception I can think of is Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Fiction, because reality sucks. I can't cast magic or fly! Who the fuck wants to read that?! I don't want my world of escape to be the same as this shitty burning rock! :blobspearpeek: