Are you sometimes feel that you hate some part of your book?

Are you sometimes feel that you hate some part of your book?

• Yes

• No

• I never feel something

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sonneillor

Sometimes I feel complete hatred for a part of my books but not because it is poorly written, it is only because I am not satisfied with the character's actions or the story even though it was the right thing to write.

Last week I killed my favorite character even though I didn't want to do it and the saddest thing is that it is the most exciting part of my book! :blob_catflip: :blob_no: :blob_teary:

Owl

Nervous writer
I always try to write in a way that I will feel satisfied in the end :'D Even without being unrealistic, with the complete freedom of a writer, you can usually find a way to let things turn out the way you want and still not breaking the flow of the story, so that's what I do :blob_whistle:

Ziavory

Same😢
When I'm writing I feel satisfied.
But when I'm done and have already posted it I feel like it's trash so I start editing it all over again.
But then later on I'm satisfied, but then I'm not, and this cycle keeps on repeating over and over till I'm too lazy to change anything else😅😔🙃

TLCsDestiny

I don't hate my books...i do worry about if people like them or not.
I feel very noob tbh and I don't know how to take the step into real authorhood. I feel the same about my age so I wonder if it's normal or not lol.

Sonneillor

I always try to write in a way that I will feel satisfied in the end :'D Even without being unrealistic, with the complete freedom of a writer, you can usually find a way to let things turn out the way you want and still not breaking the flow of the story, so that's what I do :blob_whistle:

I can not do this! If my story is not consistent or realistic with the laws I form, I will be angry until I have corrected it. I try not to abuse the plot's armor, that's how my favorite character died. :blob_pout:

Same😢
When I'm writing I feel satisfied.
But when I'm done and have already posted it I feel like it's trash so I start editing it all over again.
But then later on I'm satisfied, but then I'm not, and this cycle keeps on repeating over and over till I'm too lazy to change anything else😅😔🙃

With that way of being I already made the passes, so I don't correct much after finishing a chapter, unless I think of something much better or give me a new idea. :blobrofl:

I don't hate my books...i do worry about if people like them or not.
I feel very noob tbh and I don't know how to take the step into real authorhood. I feel the same about my age so I wonder if it's normal or not lol.

I don't think if people like it or not, I just think if the story is good for me, I'm a noob in terms of publishing books since I've never done it, I just show it to my reading group and some of they don't like it and it doesn't bother me since for tastes there are colors (I think it's said like that in English)

I would like to publish them sometime but if I do it will be in English to have a wider audience and that is why I am here.

The age at the time of writing is the least, that I can tell you that in my reading group there is a grandfather of 62 years and writes novels for teenagers

Last edited:

javert

I do sometimes. Usually I think the prose is good, but I know that especially the oldest parts of my story tend to meander. I really need to learn how to edit to make things flow. It sucks knowing what the flaws are in my work but being somewhat unable to fix them.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Sometimes I feel complete hatred for a part of my books but not because it is poorly written, it is only because I am not satisfied with the character's actions or the story even though it was the right thing to write.

Last week I killed my favorite character even though I didn't want to do it and the saddest thing is that it is the most exciting part of my book! :blob_catflip: :blob_no: :blob_teary:
No. If im not happy about something, like how one character treats another... It's fine. I hate it but that's what their personality or thought process dictates to act like. But im not gonna write something i truly hate. I can write tragedy fine it that's what i can't but i won't ever write something that makes me feels a bitterness and resentment. That ain't what i write form me, its about fun and satisfaction. They don't have to be mutually exclusive but either one or the other has to be present.

At least, im certainly never gonna kill my favorite character. Hell nah mate. My adorable little tree ain't gon be sacrificed like that.

Sonneillor

No. If im not happy about something, like how one character treats another... It's fine. I hate it but that's what their personality or thought process dictates to act like. But im not gonna write something i truly hate. I can write tragedy fine it that's what i can't but i won't ever write something that makes me feels a bitterness and resentment. That ain't what i write form me, its about fun and satisfaction. They don't have to be mutually exclusive but either one or the other has to be present.

At least, im certainly never gonna kill my favorite character. Hell nah mate. My adorable little tree ain't gon be sacrificed like that.

I am very happy with what I write and I do not regret what I have done so far. I like the varied personalities so odious personalities, ohh I write the tragedy very well but I can also make ugly scenes and that I can detest and it is not that it makes me feel bitterness or resentment, in fact I love those scenes I only hate the character that makes them and your actions and that means that what I am writing is very good.

When I write I already have an idea process in mind but sometimes I get carried away and write things that were not included at the beginning, and that's how I killed my character, in my universe there are ways to revive someone but I don't know if sometimes They will end up reliving.

Elateam

Fish and Chips Salesperson
I hate the chapter I just published. I had to re-do it but it feels like I forced the politics a bit too much. It had to be done though because I couldn't discuss it in the next few chapters either so my hands are basically tied until I come back to it later in the future :/

Kotohood

Noob Author
What I hate most is the pacing of my stories. I try to make the transition flow better, but oftentimes it just feels awkward.

It sounds better when I read it out loud though. So I can't tell whether it's just me reading too fast or am I just imagining things.

And then you have those moment where I read through the story and be like, they seriously doing this right now? Shouldn't they be doing something else? :blob_no:

And there is the big one. The dialogues. Omfg, writing dialogues for a whole group of people is insanely difficult for me. Most of the time, I write my first draft and it turns out to be absolute crap, so I have to reedit and redo it soo many times.

PS: Someone mention killing off your characters and I agree. It hurts my soul, knowing that these people died for our entertainment.:blob_teary:

Shaiyamine

I usually hate those portions where I couldnt write it the way I wanted it to come out. Like if Im not satisfied with it and leave it alone that portion just nags at me as if it wants me to rewrite it till Im satisfied. Im in an endless cycle of editing that feels frustrating ahahahaha......
Aside from this I tend to rewrite everything from the beginning if I find a plot hole or that things dont make sense or the characters became inconsistent. This is my main reason why I never get stuff done :blob_catflip:

With_Many_Voices

Yeah. Once I wrote a whole bunch of stuff that I though was really cool but then I switched to a different book and realised that I just wrote your typical evil family so I completely changed the family into morally grey and into a way that let me still break off my MC from them but also made them decently likable and complex.

S-Scherr

I commend you for writing something that's difficult, such as a character death. I believe we're sometimes tempted to 'get in the way' of the story when we know something unenjoyable to write is coming, and then try to change it for a more pleasing outcome. Sometimes you just feel it in your bones (or in your stomach) and you just know how the story is supposed to go. Our first job is to stay honest with our work regardless of the outcome and it's not always fun. I think the hate comes from being so attached to these characters and their stories that it's difficult to say goodbye to them. I feel your pain... been there, done that, and will have to do it again (heavy sigh).