Implemented Arrange the series on the dashboards.

Ashtal_Leb_Azure

Though it's quite a small task to scroll down to the series you want to continue writing, it would be better to arrange the series the way you like it, rather than fixed arrange in recently published series. Because some written series is quite embarrassing to see daily, that cringey series you wrote like 3 years ago, and you recently publish it here on Scribble hub... Yea, it hunts me.
It's not like everyone feels the same as me, suffering from the past. You may also want to add this feature on the account settings, to let Authors arrange the series on their profile page. Thus, showing the series they are proud of. And the slightly conceal the series they don't really recommend reading.
Also, a little extra feature, when they hover the mouse on a series, a mini-window like appears with the description of the series. Of course, this feature only available to the PC, so you can avoid troublesome shenanigans.

Thanks in advance~!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
this is actually pretty helpful. why can't we arrange our published stories in the order we want? even if it's only on the Create board that'll be enough on its own.

the first story in my profile page is a discontinued story i rather people don't read, and meanwhile my most recent works are jammed on the bottom because of reasons we'll probably never know.

even if this will never get implemented, can we at least know why it is what it is right now

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I only have one story on here, but this sounds like an excellent idea! On other sites I've used, the more recent stories have appeared on top. I don't feel like transferring my old stories here, but if I ever write more, I'd like to choose how to arrange them.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Seconding this. It can get bothersome scrolling through everything if you have several series and still update the older ones regularly while newer ones have already finished.

I do feel like we already had this suggestion before though? :blob_hmm_two:

yansusustories

I'm gonna pull this suggestion up again since I'm now in the exact situation I was dreading: I'm at 12 series on SH with 4 of them finished and the others all still being updated at different speeds. Now, one page seems to fit 10 series so I have one finished and one currently updating series on page two, while three finished series are on page 1 mixed in between the other ongoing ones and clogging up space there.

If it's not possible to let us manually change the order to suit our needs best, would it maybe be possible (or more easily possible) to at least change the order in the create dashboard to last updated or so? That way, the finished series would automatically move to the later pages after a while and the still-active ones would be at the front and more easily accessible.

yansusustories

I would like to bump this suggestion again because I once again ran into this problem today when I uploaded something new. Another alternative I could think of would be to just raise the number of projects shown per page so we at least won't have to go to the next page (since we're lazy). Manually arranging or at least sorting by last-updated would still be better though.

D

Deleted member 45782

This is really good. For me, I start on multiple story projects that are not unrelated to each other. But some of those stories will have future stories related to each other. Like for example, let's say I started a stand-alone novel and a novel that a triology/saga/quartet/etc., at the same time.

However, in the future I may plan to write more novels within a series (i'm defining series not as individual stories here, but actual related stories). But the problem is if I do that, my series are not gonna be all organized together because in between, I had done some different stories altogether.

Like instead of Trilogy #1, Trilogy #2, Trilogy #3, Stand Alone Novel, the series section would currently list my novels in this order: Trilogy #1, Stand-Alone Novel, Trilogy #2, Trilogy #3. That would be somewhat okay at first, until you have multiple stand alone stories and related stories.

Like say you have 2 trilogies and 5 stand-alone novels and you didn't create or write them in order. Currently, it probably would be listed as:
Trilogy #1, Stand-Alone Novel, Trilogy #2, Trilogy #3, Stand-Alone Novel, 2nd Trilogy#1, Stand-Alone Novel, 2nd Trilogy #2, Stand-Alone Novel, 2nd Trilogy #3, Stand-Alone Novel.

Wouldn't it better if we could arrange the list order as this instead: Trilogy #1, Trilogy#2, Trilogy#3, 2nd Trilogy #1, 2nd Trilogy #2, 2nd Trilogy #3, Stand-Alone Novel, Stand-Alone Novel, Stand-Alone Novel, Stand-Alone Novel, Stand-Alone Novel.