art of [insert all of my writing projects]

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Distinctly NOT my OC, it's a skin of a character in a mobage I play, but I love him too much not to share. It's like what I spent 8 hours on yesterday, skipping even Harvest Moon... I really want to play Harvest Moon after this... I'll probably have to work on my comms tho. Need me that money to get cats to the vets.

I guess also more relevant is this wip. Ye Xiyang... I need to finish my chapter but ah. Braincells where are you
Honestly what made me draw this series of outfit for him and Wan Yu is the lyrics of Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace's OP, specifically the 晨曦複斜陽 chenxi fu xieyang line, but when I finish I'll probably be pretentious and quote one of Yang Jian's poems instead :blob_joy::blob_joy:

View attachment 7009
They have apparently deserted question marksz but great drawings!

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
THAT'S SO CRUEL no semester break for MORE work? RUBS that's a yikes... Take breaks, I hope the assignments are at a more manageable point now?
No, no! It's actually great! I don't have to work while having lessons so I don't need to rush here and there. I like concentrating on stuff. So far so good! But ah... assignments.... they've gotta be done anyway, ahahaha...... :sweating_profusely:

Hehe thank you! Also oh?
Yes! Word of Honor is airing now on Youku's Youtube channel. Every Monday to Wednesday! So far it's pretty okay!

namio

Past 3 years....
Cut me some slack, my university forced me to take up to 11 classes a semester totaling over 24 course credits each semesters, with such banger hits as "you have 22 consecutive days of daily quizzes and 13 finals done" LOL
1616781999162.png

Survived this bullshit but ah at what cost...

No, no! It's actually great! I don't have to work while having lessons so I don't need to rush here and there. I like concentrating on stuff. So far so good! But ah... assignments.... they've gotta be done anyway, ahahaha...... :sweating_profusely:

Yes! Word of Honor is airing now on Youku's Youtube channel. Every Monday to Wednesday! So far it's pretty okay!

THAT'S FAIR... pats you for assignments though. Would offer to help in what ways I can, but at this point the only thing I really can compute is something something human biology :sweating_profusely: And editing essays

I really want to watch, but at the same time, I'm scared of watching :blob_no: Human voices just makes things too real for me. Also apparently the drama is like... was extremely low budget. But I heard the story adaptation and writing was pretty good... And I won't lie, the cast looks like they have cute dynamics when I saw the clips and screenshots...
Sometimes wondering if I should read the novel first since there's a translation, though I'm not sure how far it is now. But priest novels... :blob_no:

namio

chenxixieyang3.jpg

Sunset...
I'll be doing Wan Yu's half recorded. It's not as detailed and doesn't have much in terms of patterns, but I wanted to do a speedpaint thing for his lineart anyway. Then I'm printing them as postcards for myself... because I can, babeyyyy

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•

Sunset...
I'll be doing Wan Yu's half recorded. It's not as detailed and doesn't have much in terms of patterns, but I wanted to do a speedpaint thing for his lineart anyway. Then I'm printing them as postcards for myself... because I can, babeyyyy
It’s plenty detailed already :blob_aww: lineart is chef kiss 😚
Don’t look at my sloppy lineart, I usually delete it while coloring.

namio

It’s plenty detailed already :blob_aww: lineart is chef kiss 😚
Don’t look at my sloppy lineart, I usually delete it while coloring.
Oh, THAT guy is elaborate and detailed. The one I'm gonna speedpaint is this one, though, since it's what I can do in one sitting:
chenxixieyang4.jpg
I want the gradient to be the main focus of his outfit hee hoo

Also, sloppy linearts are good too, since why waste the time tidying it up when it's gonna go anyway :blob_okay:

tiaf

Oh, THAT guy is elaborate and detailed. The one I'm gonna speedpaint is this one, though, since it's what I can do in one sitting:
View attachment 7019
I want the gradient to be the main focus of his outfit hee hoo

Also, sloppy linearts are good too, since why waste the time tidying it up when it's gonna go anyway :blob_okay:
Your hand is properly sketched, mine is often just a blob 😂
Color scheme so pretty!!! (sorry my vocabulary is limited to pretty and handsome)

namio

Your hand is properly sketched, mine is often just a blob 😂
Color scheme so pretty!!! (sorry my vocabulary is limited to pretty and handsome)
Heheh, I hope you find the joy of drawing hands (?) one day. They're really pretty organs. A bit of a rarity, all things considered.
Thank you!!

_____

yexue-1.jpg

Sketched some ancestor characters from For February's Rain... Their story isn't going to show up that much, largely extant as anecdotes from the ML, but I inadvertently wrote 1k words of them so...
Anyway, if you're wondering why the pencil looks so good, it's because Rebelle 3 is amazing that way... It's an art program that imitates the material physics of various watercolor papers, including absorbency, water movement and texture. Honestly, though, I like using it as a sketching program. It just feels very nice to sketch in.

Yet another snowstorm.

The drums signaling the time had not been beaten in close to three months now, much less that of the nightfall. Time held little meaning, when there seemed to be no hope, nothing to gain from daytime. With this three-years winter, the only colors in this world were black and white. Both were equally blinding. The streets of Yibi had long since been silenced, anyway. It was hard to tell whether it was because so many of its residents had been claimed by the cold, or because those that remained had been beaten into submission after too long lingering by the funeral pyres for the last vestiges of warmth.

Staring out from the patio of the Ye family residence, Xue Deng felt like there was no more distinction between a muted winter night and that beset by a snowstorm. Too many things had been lost for there to be a difference.

"Luliang, what are you doing?" The voice came from inside, followed by the sound of the door opening just the slightest bit. "Come back inside. Don't die on me, I can't bear it."

"Ye-xiongzhang." Xue Deng turned around and obediently went back inside.

tiaf

Heheh, I hope you find the joy of drawing hands (?) one day. They're really pretty organs. A bit of a rarity, all things considered.
Thank you!!
I only like to color them but sketching them so that they look anatomical correct and pretty at the same time...

namio

This artwork thread is amazing. :love:
:blob_happy: Thank you! Honestly I like having a place to put them all in that's easier to track down than Twitter haha
It's been great round here!

___

M-memes...
My reliable, scathing nonbinary transfemme gege...
ru ge1.png

rg.jpg
This was mostly a CSP new brush test, hence the random OG/adapted pen comment. Was trying out the brush settings with different textures... (and yes, that is cash that they're patting that cheek with)

And of course, my good ol brother and sister main character pair from Feb Rain:
wan yu knife.png xiao su annoyed.png

And the man who's not getting out of jail and walking around as a free man anytime soon:
sajiao jail.png

Reisinling

I've seen newest chapter pop up for your novel in new relases, and man, I really like cover art for "For February’s Rain". Unfortunately it's totally not my type of story (not even about the boys love, I just find the stereotypical wuxia/xianxia style hard to read), but it made me come back to this thread to watch other paintings.

It really makes me realise how... singular, the stereotypical male characters in western comics/games are. I don't know how to express it, but for all the variation of the supposed outside characteristics, they do seem to fit into like 2-3.. auras? the type of feels they give? We need more wistful dilfs I guess (but not in the recycled- angry action hero way)

namio

I've seen newest chapter pop up for your novel in new relases, and man, I really like cover art for "For February’s Rain". Unfortunately it's totally not my type of story (not even about the boys love, I just find the stereotypical wuxia/xianxia style hard to read), but it made me come back to this thread to watch other paintings.

It really makes me realise how... singular, the stereotypical male characters in western comics/games are. I don't know how to express it, but for all the variation of the supposed outside characteristics, they do seem to fit into like 2-3.. auras? the type of feels they give? We need more wistful dilfs I guess (but not in the recycled- angry action hero way)
WISTFUL DILF :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy:
Okay this is officially the best descriptor. I'm cackling and it's a bit of a problem because it's 5 AM and everyone's asleep

No sweat, it's understandable! Wuxia/xianxia is already pretty hard to get into if you don't grow up with it (I sure didn't), and mine is around twice more mundane/life-oriented than a lot in the Chinese webnovel circles itself... Prior to this I was mostly into low fantasy, and I guess it shows LOL

Oh? I'm not familiar with most western comics and my type of games tend to be Japanese RPGs (and Harvest Moon types LOL), but I can imagine, I suppose? Both comics and games are also pretty much, outside of indies or artsy projects, power fantasies. I do think the problem is universal, though. In Chinese webnovels, it's arrogance. I have NO idea why people like arrogance so much, my first instinct is to deck those types in the face at first meeting. Cold, brash, quiet, loud, they just really like arrogant characters be it female, male, top, bottom... Wistful DILFs (heheheheh) are honestly a rarity. Sometimes you can get a nice older brother in a story, but they tend to be a minor character.

I do have to say that For February's Rain is a story I pretty much write for myself, though, so it has specific tropes, characters and themes I personally want to read. And as an aromantic who likes 1) psychology of trauma, 2) platonic relationships, and 3) people who don't harp on and on about what makes a person hot (I swear, one more description of someone's handsome faces and I'm going to do SOMETHING), the story has a specific focus I suppose. I wouldn't say a unique one, but *specific*. There are things in it that are also my own explorations into facets of real life dilemmas, especially complicated family situations.

It still tickles me that you're calling him wistful, though, because one of my other characters is that but tenfold. Though that one, I think the proper description is severely clinically depressed.

tiaf

(I swear, one more description of someone's handsome faces and I'm going to do SOMETHING)
:sweating_profusely: I, I go learn some more adjectives...

Wistful dilf...3...2...1...💡
Will I have—I have a ML that fits the description :blob_aww: My Mc can butcher him with that nickname

namio

:sweating_profusely: I, I go learn some more adjectives...

Wistful dilf...3...2...1...💡
Will I have—I have a ML that fits the description :blob_aww: My Mc can butcher him with that nickname
:blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: It isn't your adjectives, I assure you. Go wild with them! I'm just... I don't understand romantic attraction at all, and no matter how much stories want to drill into my head all these abs and boobs, I just don't Get It :blob_joy:
I read romance a lot, I just get weirded out when it sounds like authors are trying to get me to also be attracted to the characters. You two go kiss, what are you looking at me for (waves a woven fan)

Ohoho, I approve of the butcherings of MLs 😏

tiaf

:blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: It isn't your adjectives, I assure you. Go wild with them! I'm just... I don't understand romantic attraction at all, and no matter how much stories want to drill into my head all these abs and boobs, I just don't Get It :blob_joy:
I read romance a lot, I just get weirded out when it sounds like authors are trying to get me to also be attracted to the characters. You two go kiss, what are you looking at me for (waves a woven fan)

Ohoho, I approve of the butcherings of MLs 😏
I just have a thing for narcissistic jokes and banters on the pretty face. And making them do silly things that totally destroys their image

Yep, the pretty face will always be the secondary thing, just there to bring in some comedy. Just too lazy to think properly about their appearance.