Artwork for my story, Help request, and Advertisement

Shawqi

Artwork for my story

I recently made a story, and its name is Summon Life. I’m now making this thread to put all my artwork I made making it and also to advertise it.

SmnLf Cover 250x350 px.jpg

ARC 1 COVER

Announcement.

Help needed right now: 4, look at help request post

Art category for my post : 3 category for now.

World (scroll down)

Characters (scroll down)

Miscellaneous (scroll down)

Last edited:

Shawqi

Help Request

At first, I made the story (and only in an offline computer instead of uploading it on the internet) with the intent to challenge myself. A long time ago even something super boring with awful edgy plotline is enough to make my day.

Two years ago, I always close the tab for every plotline progression that I don’t like – but bookmarked it just in case. I wanted to cool off and get back to finish reading the story when I was not angry about the plot twist or plot progression anymore, and suddenly I had hundreds of unfinished story in my backlog.

Every time I opened the bookmarked chapter because wanted to finish reading it, I always had a voice in my head if I was the one making it, I will make the plot like this and that instead of like what the author made...

There was tens of word document filled with snippets of my ideas, but I never had time to finish it because of IRL situation

Now I made this story since I want to make a living like all the authors here and to get traffic for all my art submission.

I had a lot of snippet ideas for a story, and for my first ever submitted story in scribble hub, I rolled the dice when I was deciding the plot. It was Familiar of Zero style isekai; as in summoned as a familiar kind of thing.

When I made a story, the first thing in my mind is what would it look like, and I drew it.

I am not a native speaker (of English language).

I suck a lot making a name for characters and place, hours would pass before I decided on a name that satisfy me, and weeks later the name would look cringey and awful. Sometimes I thought the name is okay but it was not grammatically correct – or it would even use a wrong word that means something a lot more different than what I intended.

So I will just draw what I had in my mind, put it here, and hope that one of you guys gave me a good name or correct description of an object.

CURRENTLY NEEDED HELP FOR :

MC’s Real Name the first letter of the first name is D, and there was X somewhere in his middle name, and his family name had - er - in it [not urgent]

World name (the name of the part of the realm Mc was in; since the world was fractured and divided into realms that were connected to each other by spatial fracture and tunnel) [kinda urgent]

The school or academy that the MC was summoned in [kinda urgent]

A proper majestic name for an ancient device; the armor automaton in current chapter;

Shawqi

Advertisement

I don’t think I would be able to have any reserve chapter and put it on patreon, so I will just mention my art product that was sold in the internet shop here.

Currently still on the process of making a store logo, changing my banner and deleting old obsolete design that was not to my taste anymore.

Shawqi

CHARACTERS

Dexter. (scroll down)
Olivier. (scroll down)
Arga. (scroll down)

to be added later.

Last edited:

Shawqi

MISCELLANEOUS

Evolution of Arc 1 Cover (scroll down)

to be added later.

Shawqi

The Main Character.

IGN Dexter.

After throwing dice and when it landed on FoZ style isekai, I made a prologue without making clear who was the MC’s name and clear image of what he looked like. I only made a rudimentary sketch of a guy with sharp cheekbones? And messy hair. No hair color either, and the feature was decided to be somewhat caucasian (but it didn’t look like it at all, haha).

Unnamed MC.jpg

I wanted to at least give a name for him in chapter 1, but I couldn’t make my mind, so I roll dice again in dice generator and it landed on D for first name, and X for the next. I was having trouble making it so I decided that it will just be an IGN / avatar name of dx and the first name I googled with d and x inside is Dexter.

And suddenly my image of the mc changed!

Dexter After Naming.jpg

The MC had a bit of resemblance with that Dexter, but it won’t be close likeness since he kinda looks old and not youthful at all.

Last edited:

Shawqi

Evolution of Arc 1 cover

I still hadn’t decided, if one day this would be sold as a book, what would the overall cover look like. And then I was like, I can just make a new cover every time I was bored with it. My current goal: Different cover every time I reached a new arc, to refresh my motivation.

Evolution of Arc 1 Cover

Prototype: the MC running and there was a couple of other characters close-ups in the background
Next: Dexter sitting while thinking
End: Shadowy close up of Dexter holding up his tablet and carrying the blanket sack by his armpit.

Dexter Cover.png

My best attempt at coloring it using only GIMP 2 and mouse keyboard.

SmnLf Cover.png

Last edited:

Shawqi

I actually want to post chapters today, but it's not done yet so here's the second character; Olivier

The dice roll result was Summoner : Male Humanoid, Trait (that stuck out on first sight) : Long fabulous hair, Core personality: Arrogant. Summoner Social Status: Low grade (peer respect his skill but didn’t want anything to do with him), Personality and relationship: Opposite, contractor relationship, disdainful but not abusive

On the first draft, he was arrogant, but just low key disdain to everybody. His first meeting with dexter was curt but no outright clashing, just sneering down at Dexter while contracting him. After he’s done he just walked away and mostly ignore Dexter’s existence. When I draw him, I was going to make it like a loreal hair but end up drawing him with tied hair over one shoulder
Olivier.jpg
There was a long period between uploading prologue and uploading chapter admission part 1. Redrafting and rewriting, changing the writing style, and their summoner and summoned relationship changed into Olivier feeling outright displeasure on having contracted Dexter and become a bit hostile out of annoyance.

it looked like page one is all for me so I just put every img as a thumbnail, to make the loading faster in the old laptop I borrowed to upload things.

Shawqi

Arga

This guy was created even more randomly and whimsically put together. there was no planning and random features dice rolling before making him. In the original draft, dexter fainted and being found by one of the overseers but having a teacher in a big academy doing rounds helping people... it felt too low budget. Why would the teacher do a random chore when they can delegate and ‘give responsibility’ to the promising students?
Arga.jpg
After putting him as a teacher stand-in, mentioning senior that do this bla bla bla each paragraph is making it look awful for my rereading, so I stuck androgynous on him. And then he was done just like that. There was still the uniform he wore though, from that kind of suit into battlesuit. Or General Utility Uniform, for in setting Senior, for the usage of not only in-class lesson, but also field trip and battle training.

Shawqi

Forum Post Image 1
Images to link for my chapter so that I don't need to open blogspot.
Chapter; Arga 2
Arga and Old Luga.png

Novel updates forum art

Avi Redraw 1.png

Avi Redraw 2.png

Novel Cover Redraw 1
Novel Cover Redraw 1.png

Novel Cover Redraw 2
Novel Cover Redraw 2.png

Last edited:

Shawqi

Forum Post 2