As a Spontaneous Writer...

Should I try to focus on my currently released series?

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other opinion (comment below)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
*This is a half rant*

tldr: I’m a spontaneous writer that is neglecting my current releases for new ideas.

There are seven series that I’m working on, with two actually having been published for reading. (Sorry, no shameless plugging here)

Now about those two published series... they aren’t finished yet, not by a long shot. In fact, I’ve even put one on hiatus because I wanted to change the character depictions. Haven’t gotten around to it yet.
And this here is the problem: I’m a spontaneous writer.

As a Spontaneous Writer, I’ve pushed my released series behind and am essentially leaving the readers hanging (the few that I have). It’s not that I don’t have the time, just that new ideas constantly come and go.
So a question for you all: Should I try to focus on my currently released series? (Made a poll)

Edit: I currently have 15 different series that I’m working on and a 16th that is a collection of One-Shots and Short Stories.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I say yes, but only if you’re like me and get out of touch/forget half of the things you wanted to write, when you stop.

Frankly, rather than starting a new series, I write down my new ideas until my current story is finished. Focusing on one story is also good to keep the quality constant. :blob_nom:

RedPanda

A second or a third story is, in my opinion, a good thing because when you stuck with one story, you could get a change of pace and find new ideas for your other stories.

The story that I write and publish on ScibbleHub is actually my fourth one ☝️. (I don’t intend to release the other 3)

tak

Didn't vote.
You're already better than me: when i have an idea, i write writing prompt thread instead of a story.
Unless it's very specific.

TLCsDestiny

Do what you want, that way it'll come to more smoother, not forced and upsetting a story. If readers are interested, they'll probably wait.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
I’m going to add a note to the original post

Llamadragon

Fellow panser, I feel your struggles.

I suggest writing a few shorts for the story you have in mind now. Just write down the key scenes so you have the turning points, then let it hide in the abyss of your drawer for a few months. Then, bam, you've got it out of your system and you'll have something to revise when you feel more done with what you're doing right now.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't know if I can classify myself as the same Spontaneous Writer but I too, have my qualms dealing with other series. What I'd do is put a limit onto the chapters, and at least make one chapter for 3 series. Something like that, to keep the spice going, as long as I touched on my main series.

i think you should do whatever you think it's fun :D /

if you don't feel like writing it, just write what you want first.

if after a long while, you still can't continue the old story 'cuz it just doesn't work, don't be afraid to axe or drop it.

the readers will just move along and find something new. if anything, they would prefer stuff you can really put your heart out.

LostinMovement

Yes, I agree with @flucket. I'm am of the similar opinion of finishing what you have already started. If you bombard yourself with multiple writing projects at once, you will only end up being overwhelmed.

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
I guess I could call myself a spontaneous writer...I have trouble with consistency and have commitment issues with my writing.

Right now I’m trying to focus on story. It’s not published it’s in its drafting phase.
Still, write down whatever ideas you have somewhere and go back to it when you’re ready.

Last edited: