August 2019 Updates

Etzoli

You dissin' our blobs? :blob_thor:

That said, maybe Tony can disable the normal smileys since BLOBS ARE OBJECTIVELY SUPERIOR TO SMILEYS @Tony
less that I'm dissin' the blobs and more that I don't like when something changes my output without my say-so. This isn't as bad as on RR (where I was getting automatic smileys in chapters at one point...) but still. If I want to type colon->parentheses, I don't have a way to do that, because automatic smileys. :(

LWFlouisa

Question: What if it's an interconnected novel of several novellas, and each arc is a sequel or prequel within its own continuity?

Besides, for my next works, I don't imagine myself writing to many sequels. I'm a stand alone book person.

Tony

Staff member
@Tony was it possible to have a Random Novel generator on scribblehub just like in NU?

In the future, sure.

Ah, looks like I hadn't tried it again since the fix came out. Thanks for the heads up. All good now.

(the lack of unified notifications between the forum and the main site is a bit troublesome, but that's more of a feature request than a bug :P)

edit: ugh. why does every forum have automatic smileys. if i want a smiley i'll put a smiley in. let me use my emoticons ;-;

I fixed the smiley issue. It happens on 'every forum' because that's the default behavior, at least on the xenforo forums.

BLOBS ARE OBJECTIVELY SUPERIOR TO SMILEYS

:blob_party:

Question: What if it's an interconnected novel of several novellas, and each arc is a sequel or prequel within its own continuity?

That's up to you to decide.

LWFlouisa

By "random novel generator" what would this entail specifically? With poetry generators nothing new is being created, so much as it's taking in a bunch of fed data, usually from stories / poems you've already written, and simply rearranging them line by line.

And that excludes editing the content.

Unless you mean "random plot generator", which may well be possible. That's just writing prompts, but it's not a novel.

Last edited:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Oh yeah that button is also on NUF. The times I've used it though...I've been greatly disappointed. :blob_popcorn_two: