Author's favoriting their own work

So, I'm a new author and I noticed that authors can favorite their own work so does did count to anything or is it all just for show and does the author going though their own work count as view. Someone tell me how this all works, before I start testing it out by actually doing it.

Also here is my story Under the Moon’s Halo | Scribble Hub

EternalSunset0

So, I'm a new author and I noticed that authors can favorite their own work so does did count to anything or is it all just for show and does the author going though their own work count as view. Someone tell me how this all works, before I start testing it out by actually doing it.

Also here is my story Under the Moon’s Halo | Scribble Hub
Going through your own works counts as views. As for favorites, I don't know if it means anything to the actual algorithm, but I'd assume it's just people trying to make themselves feel better about their work. It does feel more comforting as an author to see your work have favorites, and it won't matter from who they came from.

It's not like it will show the source of the favorites anyway unlike say, Facebook, so you won't look awkward to the public liking/favoriting your own work.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Some authors favorite certain chapters to mark important plot points.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I had a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't take, but I was too proud to try it.
Some authors favorite certain chapters to mark important plot points.
I guess that makes sense. And I could favorite the chapters I especially liked writing. Still, I like being able to see which chapters readers liked more.

LordJoyde

Success comes to those who take it and opportunity can only be the sum of what you make of it!

It sounds like something idiotic and dishonest to do but giving yourself a five star rating will make your story more likely to draw in readers through their subconscious preferences. Favoriting or rating yourself, at least for me, is as simple as that. If your story is crap, people will usually be ready to downvote it into oblivion anyways, but giving yourself more exposure is a worthwhile risk imho.

...naturally, there are people who take it too far, with multiple accounts and even reviews that exalt their story in ways only they could possibly see it, which makes it an obvious "Haha, no *clicks away*" for any reader that takes the time to check.

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
Give yourself a like. If you wrote it, it'll be pretty dumb if you're writing what you DON'T like. :blob_evil_two:

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
If I don't like it, who will?

Always heart your chapters. Nothing wrong with you showing you actually like your work! :blob_melt:

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Wait... You can favorite your own story?... Welp, time to get to work then.

C_P_Tuck

Every great story needs an author
Going through your own works counts as views. As for favorites, I don't know if it means anything to the actual algorithm, but I'd assume it's just people trying to make themselves feel better about their work. It does feel more comforting as an author to see your work have favorites, and it won't matter from who they came from.

It's not like it will show the source of the favorites anyway unlike say, Facebook, so you won't look awkward to the public liking/favoriting your own work.
I am constantly thrown off by the odd chapters that my readers choose as their favorites.

My readers are loved beyond belief, but I do have to question their sanity sometimes :D

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
lol i didn't even think about it; do favorites account to anything?

FeverDream

Well, I like my work, so it seems natural for me that I would favorite it :blobrofl:

Quertzy

I just do it because a grey heart button annoys me for some reason...

Huh. It's actually really annoying that reading my own work while I'm signed in counts as a view. If the stats are going to be authentic, what's the point in having them?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I am constantly thrown off by the odd chapters that my readers choose as their favorites.

My readers are loved beyond belief, but I do have to question their sanity sometimes :D
Pst... I question it too. Though I notice they favor the smut chapters. :blob_happy: I find it funny, though. <3 My adorable little chicks love smut.~

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
I rarely fave anything, most of the time I forget and the other times.... effort.
For real tho, I sometimes fave, not always though.