Author's Greatest Enemy

DeviousColony69

Fellow authors and writers! What's your greatest enemy while making your novels? In my case, not having enough MOTIVATION (insert DMC5 reference here) and lack of ideas is my greatest enemies

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Distractions and other obligations and exhaustion.

LilRora

Mostly formless
I'd say it's my thoughts and overthinking. I often have situations when I want to write, I have a motivation to do it (somewhat), but I don't, because I'm thinking too much about things, often unrelated to what I want to write.

D

Deleted member 54065

Fellow authors and writers! What's your greatest enemy while making your novels? In my case, not having enough MOTIVATION (insert DMC5 reference here) and lack of ideas is my greatest enemies
Mental block, and distraction.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
By far, it is lack of motivation caused by extreme depression. Especially sucks since I really want to write, I just can't.

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
I would usually be stuck in the middle of writing a sentence and paragraph not knowing how to exactly continue. Like what sentence structure do I use? Is this word correct in this situation? Did I describe this correctly? And so on... And that is extremely annoying and takes a lot of my time.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
lack of proper outlining, but then when I try that, the demotivation sets in. Part of the fun of writing is that even I don't really know exactly what's round the next corner.
If it's lethargy, I do the reverse psychology thing on myself and rather than say 'YOU SHOULD BE WRITING!' I say 'you don't have to write, nobody is going to fire you, hell - nobody will even notice if you never write another word....'
Yeah that bitch gets put right down. :blob_thor:

LordJoyde

The greatest enemy of my writing? Eh, well, I hope nobody takes it the wrong way but I don't feel depressed enough to write anymore.

For further context, all my writing is edgy, cruel, deep dark and the like. Its not even grim, but it is what my negativity-biased self would have considered 'realistic'. But anyway, I have lost my edge, and with my depression, my inspiration for writing.