Authors, how do you make names?

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
I usually do it this way, like if their hair is white, so Shiro for example. It's bland but that's how I like it.

Or, if some kind of name just struck my mind, I'll roll with it.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Thanks guys, I know this reply is extremely late. But everyone was a big help lol.

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Make the names of the gods, and then you have about half of your character names right there. Parents oftentimes name their children after things they value.

Vivian-M.K.

Make up names that sound right. We picked Kendall for our main character because it sounded right. Same for Robbie.
We did have an Aella, which was just weird. lol Thankfully we saw sense before we debuted and changed it to Emma, though it still feels off to type out her name like that when for the past few years we've written her as Aella.

It depends on your world as well. If it's earth, then you can use really whatever normal name you want, because people don't keep track of what names actually mean, unless you want to be symbolic.

TheMangaGod

NOT a Yandere Imouto Loli Goddess I Swear
So I'm having difficulty making the names of characters, locations and things that have names in general. How do you guys make your character/location names? Do you guys google names with deep meanings, use random name generators or just make one up that sounds nice?
I pick a language and look up names in it.

punchew

random name generator all the way. or rip off a name from some manga I was reading yesterday lol