Authors, Please Always Reply To Comments As Much As You Can!

Chaaruzu_Corner

Young Senior Member
You don't have to reply to EVERY comment, just MOST. You should always try to engage in the comments of your chapters, even something like thank you comments or emojis, reply to them with a simple your welcome or replying back with emojis, just anything to make the reader know that you are engaging with the readers!

People keep wondering why no comment, then reply to the comments you do have people! :blob_catflip:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Lol, they should comment first and I might answer. Authors are sacrificing much of their time and now you even expect that they should always reply to comments that cost you ... how much of your lifetime exactly? Don't you see her a disproportionate ratio between services?

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I'd prolly say your welcome or in case of spoiler, I'd say it's spoiler lol
To be fair, my ideal comment section would be the one that the readers would express their opinion about the characters, and they would not need my responses. I preferred to watch how the readers feel about certain events and characters than asking about the plots or saying thanks for the chapter.

Owl

Nervous writer
So far I've noticed that especially in the beginning, my readers liked only writing "Thank you for the chapter" and I've still replied to those with a 'thanks for reading'. After a while, they got more active.
As for people asking for spoilers, sometimes I give them if it's minor spoilers, or I can still reply with teasing them that I won't tell, or maybe that I haven't written the scene yet, etc. I do notice that my readers are more 'conversing' with me through the comments since I reply

fullbios

I always reply to my readers if they do leave a comment! Even if it's just thanks for the chapter! I would reply back with a Thank you very much for reading! I dunno... I'm just so grateful to even be getting any attention, and I feel weird if I don't reply back because mutual respect ^^ I've never gotten asked for spoilers but I feel like if I do get asked i'd be willing to spoil a tweeny tinyyy bit hahaha!:s_smile::s_smile::s_smile:

Last edited:

Overlord_Venus

Well, I get very few comments that too are mostly "Thanks for the chapters". I reply to them if they are recent (like within an hour) but otherwise, I at least hit the like button for the comment showing that I appreciate the comment. If it Is a comment that I can reply to, then I would of course reply to them. I mean, that is also one fo the joys of being an author.

Kotohood

Noob Author
I used to just reply to all the comments, but eventually, I realised I'm just clogging up the comment sections. So now I just give a hug to the first commented and comment here and there.

Also any spoiler related question I don't answer or comment coz obvious.

depending on their comments, i would either just react or post a blob. i'd probably only give a proper reply if they asked something or mentioned stuff that need clarifying.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
You don't have to reply to EVERY comment, just MOST. You should always try to engage in the comments of your chapters, even something like thank you comments or emojis, reply to them with a simple your welcome or replying back with emojis, just anything to make the reader know that you are engaging with the readers!

People keep wondering why no comment, then reply to the comments you do have people! :blob_catflip:
Roger that :blob_hide::blob_hide:.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I like replying as much as I can~

But thanks comments usually only get a like from me, though I replied to those in the earlier chapters I think.

And if they ask about something spoilerish... I just giggle and tell them to look forward to the future~

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Lol, they should comment first and I might answer. Authors are sacrificing much of their time and now you even expect that they should always reply to comments that cost you ... how much of your lifetime exactly? Don't you see her a disproportionate ratio between services?
I mean sacrifice? I dunno about you but i wouldnt call it sacrificng their time. Its either their job or their hobby.

but yeaj sometimes people dont comment so we got nothing to work with. Me tho, im always commenting on my own stuff. And sometimes that prompts the readers too, you know?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I mean sacrifice? I dunno about you but i wouldnt call it sacrificng their time. Its either their job or their hobby.

but yeaj sometimes people dont comment so we got nothing to work with. Me tho, im always commenting on my own stuff. And sometimes that prompts the readers too, you know?
Oh yeah, sometimes I steal the first comment to make a random author note for something really minor! XD

That usually triggers some replies at least~

D

Deleted member 2533

Yeah sure~ but not always and only if they commented. That is why I leave author's note at the bottom of each chapter.

TLCsDestiny

I rarely get comments to reply to!
Honestly, I think having comments is a good thing but if there's something I want to say it's written in the chapter space not in comment section.
I seem to get those silent readers who don't let me know if they even enjoyed reading my story or not...
There's only so much an author can do and I'd prefer not to have a conversation with myself just to have a comment or two...lol.

Drume

LOL, I always ask them to comment, but what to say, my story has 10 comments probably.

Silvareiel

Comments?! Is there even a section for that? OMG! 😱 *goes and frantically searches all the +100 chapters uploaded so far. Oh ... wow! You're right! There it is! A comments section after every chapter. 😨 A shame it's mostly empty 😑

(though, of course, I'm truly thankful for the few, very, very few readers that actually take the time to write something, even if it's only to say thank you. And I always reply them, even if it's only to thank them for reading as well. 😁)

You should have opened a thread called "Readers, Please Always Comment As Much As you Can!" instead. >_>