Authors ruining their stories with terrible romance

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Fair enough.

I do think it's strange that some parents are using gender-neutral pronouns on their babies from birth. Only time will tell if those kids express themselves with the gender that aligns to their biological sex or if they are more likely to keep the gender-neutral pronouns.

Personally, my baby has a Y chromosome and a penis, so we are referring to him as "he" unless he tells us otherwise. There's a high likelihood that he'll grow into a man. I want him to know that he can enjoy activities that are typically enjoyed by women while still being a man. For example, I grew up in a household where my mom earned most of the money, and my dad cooked and took care of me. My dad also did masculine things such as fixing my bicycles and repairing stuff around the house. He tried to teach me to fix my own bicycles several times, but I never really picked up the skill. My mom taught me how to sew and crochet. Neither of my parents has ever expressed unhappiness with their gender identities. They simply use their skills to accomplish what the family needs.

My husband is rather upset that his parents never taught him how to cook and clean. He grew up in a family of all boys. His mom always did everything for them, babied them too much. My son is still a baby, but he'll learn in due time!
To be honest, it's more like a Spiritual Syphilis than a culture shift

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Fair enough.

I do think it's strange that some parents are using gender-neutral pronouns on their babies from birth. Only time will tell if those kids express themselves with the gender that aligns to their biological sex or if they are more likely to keep the gender-neutral pronouns.

Personally, my baby has a Y chromosome and a penis, so we are referring to him as "he" unless he tells us otherwise. There's a high likelihood that he'll grow into a man. I want him to know that he can enjoy activities that are typically enjoyed by women while still being a man. For example, I grew up in a household where my mom earned most of the money, and my dad cooked and took care of me. My dad also did masculine things such as fixing my bicycles and repairing stuff around the house. He tried to teach me to fix my own bicycles several times, but I never really picked up the skill. My mom taught me how to sew and crochet. Neither of my parents has ever expressed unhappiness with their gender identities. They simply use their skills to accomplish what the family needs.

My husband is rather upset that his parents never taught him how to cook and clean. He grew up in a family of all boys. His mom always did everything for them, babied them too much. My son is still a baby, but he'll learn in due time!
I didn't grow up with much in the way of parental guidance. I learned on my own and developed myself on my own. I had to cook for myself. Different strokes for different folks. Lovely chatting with you though.

Kuropon

I think romance is just part of life, so even in a story about fighting it would be strange if your MC didn't show interest in it at all? I guess if you oversaturate the romance bit then you might have a problem but nothing wrong to add it to give your Characters a more realistic vibe?

Alski

They stole two quarters from me and I’ve been traumatized ever since
You can have these 2 quarters to make up for it
1642786843931.png

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Romance is the hardest subject to write about, so it isn't surprising that most of them end up going downhill, even more so when they happen to be on the side, thus even less thought is put into them. Of course just because a story may not have romance, doesn't mean it should be devoid of human emotion. Cause then otherwise, the world looks too plain.

As for the topic of marriage and who it benefits or who gets what role divorces play, everyone is unfortunately wrong on this topic. Marriage is a consensual agreement by both sides to pump out more human slaves of cats. The discussion on who the money goes to is pointless, cause all the money rightfully belongs to the supreme cat master anyways.

KittraMcBriar

Gotta have a good laugh at men telling themselves women need them to be fulfilled while millions of women live their absolute best lives man-free
Also…funny how they seem to forget that lesbians and bisexual women exist. And women who don’t want children. Like…having kids is literally my absolute worst nightmare. I find my fulfillment in being a more skilled artist and writer than the kinds of people who hold these dumb-ass opinions. Also in living for myself and doing everything I enjoy because I don’t have to worry about some screaming ball of poop and thankless responsibility

Anyway, yeah. A lot of people try to shoe-horn romance into their fiction when they don’t understand fuck-all about it. It’s unfortunate.

SternenklarenRitter

Gotta have a good laugh at men telling themselves women need them to be fulfilled
It's pitiful really. Some guys are just too hormone addled for proper executive cognition. Some girls are like that too, but there's more social pressure on ladies to not hump the sugar maple tree outside the principal's office window, so they sometimes learn how to deal with it quicker. I observed a number of egregious examples when I attended an all boys high school.

longer

Balls
In this thread, sexism against men is okay apparently.
Bro you don't understand. Since about the top 5% of men have it good, the rest of them must also be living wonderfully. Anyways, I'm going to forward this to the girl I'm hitting on rn. Hope she sees this.