Battle Academy Anime

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
I don't know if it has just died or I'm not looking in the right places, but I haven't seen a new battle academy anime being released in a while and I kinda miss them. Not an isekai but a battle academy one like absolute duo and others. I think the last one I know was released was MHA. P.S Battle academy means stuff like intra and inter school tournaments, Classess and duels with schoolmates, dorm life, rivalry's between friends, occasional slice of life, exams with a good amount of action etc

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
I don't know if it has just died or I'm not looking in the right places, but I haven't seen a new battle academy anime being released in a while and I kinda miss them. Not an isekai but a battle academy one like absolute duo and others. I think the last one I know was released was MHA. P.S Battle academy means stuff like intra and inter school tournaments, Classess and duels with schoolmates, dorm life, rivalry's between friends, occasional slice of life, exams with a good amount of action etc
Watch Infinite Stratos then, it’s like a classic. Not… that good but it’s decent! I can also like say a million other but my head is empty.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Watch Infinite Stratos then, it’s like a classic. Not… that good but it’s decent! I can also like say a million other but my head is empty.
Am talking about new ones, I just want to know if the genre is dead or not, plus I think most people have already seen it

LostLibrarian

Battle academy isn't really going anywhere. In fact, we'll get the second seaon of Misfit (2.1 and 2.2), Winter 2022 has Mahouka, Spring 2022 has Mahoutsukai Reimeiki, and we get multiple "Isekai Battle Academy" as well. There are also some greenlit for production with no further information for now. We also still have enough big series in written form.

With anime, the amount simply became smaller, because those "little effort"-anime try to throw out advertisements for the current trend in the hope that some novels will get decent sales out of it. With battle academies, isekai took most of those tropes (harem, OP, comedy, ecchi) and uses them. Many isekai aren't that different from battle academy stories if you break them down to the core parts. And with the switch to more "long-running adaptations" (stuff like shield hero wouldn't have gotten a second season 10 years ago), there isn't really a need to adapt battle academy for now.

But the moment one academy story hit its big again, we'll see a year or two filled with battle academies and tournaments and whatnot.
Although my money would probably be on "isekai dungeon" or "comedy sci-fi" for now.

But as long as isekai are still trending, we'll more rushed isekai with lower quality to make some sales with the popularity. That's it.
If you want to have more battle academy stuff, the best way is always the source material. There is more than enough out there...

Last edited: