Writing Prompt Before you knew it you were reincarnated as a sentient flower. Unable to do anything you could only leave yourself swayed by the wind.

DonutEatingDoggo

Before you knew it you were reincarnated as a sentient flower. Unable to do anything you could only leave yourself swaying by the wind.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Before you knew it you were reincarnated as a sentient flower. Unable to do anything you could only leave yourself swaying by the wind.

I would develop all kinds of pollen, one that lures people in then poisons them to death. And level up so I can become a world tree eventually (but an evil kind)

taesijr123

If I was like that...
Then I'll probably produce insecticide first.

Kill small insect for exp.
Then turn myself into a gigantic man-eating plant that looks like a flower that eats its prey.
When my main body is underneath the flower.

Llamadragon

Most people wouldn’t be very happy after realizing they reincarnated as a helpless flower of all things. But I was. I was actually overjoyed! You see, I was a microbiology nerd when I was a human! Soil is such a fascinating thiiiiiiiing, lots of people don’t realize it but it’s actually a place so filled with life! A single tablespoon of healthy soil contains billions of living organisms!! BILLIONS!!!!!! Bacteria, fungi, nematodes, little insects and worms and mites! All of them part of an intricate ecosystem where the bugs ships necessary bacteria and minerals to the roots of the helplessly unmoving plants, anf get paid with nutrients the flower absorbed from the sun! IT’S A BARTERING SYSTEM!! PLANTAS ARE AMAZING AND SOIL IS AMAZING!!! HUMANITY CAN SCREW ITSELF, I’M A FLOWER NOW BITCHES! Aaaaaaah, I wonder what kind of amazing things I will learn about soil in this life!? I can’t wait!

I’m not sure what kind of plant I am. I know I’m a flower, but well I kinda don’t have eyes so I can’t tell for sure. But I can detect the soil life through my roots. There doesn’t seem like there are that many living organisms in the spot here where I am growing. There are some, for sure, but the soil quality seem really bad. Oh well, I have the nutrients I need to grow, so I will just make sure to expand my root system quickly so I can cover more area and discover more microbiological life!!!!!!! YAAAAAAS!

... hmm, wait what? Why are the microbes dying!? Why is there a liquid killing all the microbial life in my soil!?!?! .... it’s... nutrient dense? Yes, why does this liquid contain exactly the kind of nutrients needed for my species of flower to...
.... no.
........... wait.
................... fertilizer?

I get a terrible feeling. I quickly soak up the nutrients in my soil and expand my root system as fast as I can. It takes a few days, but eventually I can feel it. A smooth, clay wall surrounding me on all sides.

I am growing in a flower pot.
F*CK!!!

DonutEatingDoggo

Most people wouldn’t be very happy after realizing they reincarnated as a helpless flower of all things. But I was. I was actually overjoyed! You see, I was a microbiology nerd when I was a human! Soil is such a fascinating thiiiiiiiing, lots of people don’t realize it but it’s actually a place so filled with life! A single tablespoon of healthy soil contains billions of living organisms!! BILLIONS!!!!!! Bacteria, fungi, nematodes, little insects and worms and mites! All of them part of an intricate ecosystem where the bugs ships necessary bacteria and minerals to the roots of the helplessly unmoving plants, anf get paid with nutrients the flower absorbed from the sun! IT’S A BARTERING SYSTEM!! PLANTAS ARE AMAZING AND SOIL IS AMAZING!!! HUMANITY CAN SCREW ITSELF, I’M A FLOWER NOW BITCHES! Aaaaaaah, I wonder what kind of amazing things I will learn about soil in this life!? I can’t wait!

I’m not sure what kind of plant I am. I know I’m a flower, but well I kinda don’t have eyes so I can’t tell for sure. But I can detect the soil life through my roots. There doesn’t seem like there are that many living organisms in the spot here where I am growing. There are some, for sure, but the soil quality seem really bad. Oh well, I have the nutrients I need to grow, so I will just make sure to expand my root system quickly so I can cover more area and discover more microbiological life!!!!!!! YAAAAAAS!

... hmm, wait what? Why are the microbes dying!? Why is there a liquid killing all the microbial life in my soil!?!?! .... it’s... nutrient dense? Yes, why does this liquid contain exactly the kind of nutrients needed for my species of flower to...
.... no.
........... wait.
................... fertilizer?

I get a terrible feeling. I quickly soak up the nutrients in my soil and expand my root system as fast as I can. It takes a few days, but eventually I can feel it. A smooth, clay wall surrounding me on all sides.

I am growing in a flower pot.
F*CK!!!
It's fine me. It's fine.
Although the great me is confined in a clay pot my plant stems are strong even though they move very slowly. Whoever it is that has confined me to this wretched flower pot -- damn to all your blood relatives as I, the great flower shall take advantage of the nutrients you gave me to speed up my growth and breakout of this flower pot!

Muha...muhahahahahahaha!

Llamadragon

It's fine me. It's fine.
Although the great me is confined in a clay pot my plant stems are strong even though they move very slowly. Whoever it is that has confined me to this wretched flower pot -- damn to all your blood relatives as I, the great flower shall take advantage of the nutrients you gave me to speed up my growth and breakout of this flower pot!

Muha...muhahahahahahaha!
Yes... I have decided.
I shall allow my precious microbes to feed upon their corpses, nourish themselves on their bone and blood. For the offense of using synethetic fertilizer... truly, are they fools? Are they devils? Are they ignorant of the effects of cheap synthetic fertilizer, or are they merely evil? Well, no matter. I shall have vengence for my deer sweethearts... truly, I have waited for one lifetime already for this chance, for this well of microbiological knowledge. For this unrivaled level of insight, unachievable in my previous, and vastly inferior form.

.. hm? What is this strange... substance in the fertilizer? This... strange energy... I don’t think these are merely nutrients. I don’t think these are merely nutrients at all. How peculiar... microbes unlike anything I’ve ever seen, ever sensed...?

Now when I think about it... I have no way to check but... am I even still on Earth?
—————
Lily sighed and shook her head as she entered the garden.
”Whatcha got for me, Jacob?”
”Ma’am... I’m not exactly sure myself.” Jacob, an orc, said and scratched the back of his head. ”The victim is miss Lureya Eldenglim, female, age 133 years old. We used her belongings to identify her. She was last seen three days ago, and when her co-workers noticed she was missing they broke into her backyard to check on her and found.. well. This.” He said and motioned over the... corpse. Form. Once-corpse. It still laid in the shape she had fallen onto the orange cobblestone of the picturesque little garden. Her lower body was intact enough, but her upper body had... decomposed. It was as if it had skipped the first stages of rot entirely and simply turned to black soil. There were some teeth and bone fragments visible, along with her jewelry and threads that remained of her clothes, but otherwise, it was as if someone had taken garden soil and placed it in the rough shape of a humanoids silhouette.
”Miss Eldenglim researched plant magic. It’s not entirely impossible that this was one of her own spells backfiring at her. Which of course doesn’t rule out subterfudge from someone else. According to her co-workers, she was a brilliant researcher and there was some real money to be had in her last project. If the murderer is another mage capable of using plant magic, that’d make sense..” Jacob sighed. ”I’ve already called the forensic team to send a plant mage. This is a little outside of my expertise.”

Lily crouched down to examine what remained of Lureya Eldenglim as she listened to Jacob. Her eyes gave a subtle sheen and gained a cold, in-humanly harsh look as she cast the rare spell of Owls Eyesight on herself.
”There is a slight trace of soil leading... over here.” She muttered and followed some sort of trail that was invisible to Jacob. He watched as his boss stopped next to a flower pot with a single red poppy growing in it. ”She... stood right next to here. Some of the soil trace fell on the edge of this flower pot. This is where she was hit by the spell. Judging by the soil traces... and the way she fled... and that watering can, she was likely holding on to it... then if this is a murder case and not just her own magic backfiring which is unlikely judging by how strong it was, the spell came from over there.” She said and pointed across the poppy in the pot.
”The window, huh. The killer got into the house somehow.”
”Looks like it.”
”We’ve already combed the place. We couldn’t find anything unusual, but I guess we better do it again. Hah, such a shame. Just look at this garde, it’s magnificent. She must’ve been a really bright mind.”
”Eeh, I had no idea you were interested in gardening?” Lily said and grinned at her burly-looking orc companion.
”It’s just a hobby. I’m not a plant mage, so I can’t create anything like this. This place must’ve been her baby.” Jacob said and waved a hand at the lushness, the almost unreal greenery that had been Lureya Eldenglims garden. ”Some of these are flowering out of season, too... like this one, poppies shouldn’t bloom until next month or so. It’s really impressive.”

——————-
Muha ha ha ha.... MUHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
Aaaaaaah, magic is great! Yes, YES, using mana to change the size of the water cells in my body, I can move! And using it to feed my microbes, I can truly inflict damage upon my opponents that my puny roots could have never achieved!! Vengence... yes... delicious vengeance.... feed, my microbes, FEED upon the corpse of the one who senselessly, mercilessly slaughtered you by the billions!!!

... ah, wait. I was so preoccupied with my revenge upon my microbes murderer - who had returned with more of that fertilizer for another round of genocide upon the helpless and the innocent, thus providing me with the opportunity of unexpected assassination - that I forgot to get out of here. I’m out of mana. And I’m still in this damn pot.

Well, f*ck, again! I should’ve just climbed into a proper, actual flowerbed!!

Last edited: